Chances: Puerto Rican; LSAC GPA: 3.77; AIMING FOR 169 Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
thecraverofpower

New

Chances: Puerto Rican; LSAC GPA: 3.77; AIMING FOR 169

Post by thecraverofpower » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone might have any opinions or idea on what schools I should potentially apply to in the T-14, and my chances? I want to apply to all and I just want to see the opinions of others!

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Chances: Puerto Rican; LSAC GPA: 3.77; AIMING FOR 169

Post by sparkytrainer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Use mylsn and none of this matters until you get a real score. Stop worrying about where you will get in and instead go study

cannonballer

Bronze

Post by cannonballer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:27 pm

Don’t aim for a 169, aim higher!! A 169 will give you a good shot at several T14 acceptances but get your score in the 170s and you could be in full ride territory.

thecraverofpower

New

Post by thecraverofpower » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:30 pm

LSAT_Ninja_Tutor wrote:Use the GPA/LSAT caclulator.
https://officialguide.lsac.org/release/ ... alsat.aspx
Hi LSAT_Ninja_Tutor,

Thanks for your response :)! I have used it before and there are honestly major problems with it. The dataset is extremely outdated and a majority of the T-14 schools are not included. Moreover, there is also some discrepancy in terms of the data set representation, especially pertaining to URMs. I kinda am more curious with where people find information to make their decisions with applying (mostly URM candidates), as determined by their percentile statistics.

cannonballer

Bronze

Post by cannonballer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:56 pm

Play around with the numbers here to get an idea of how your cycle might look with various LSAT scores:
http://mylsn.info/r/pre-law/admissions/search/

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”