Mexican American URM Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lgsb2014

New

Re: Mexican American URM

Post by lgsb2014 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:28 pm

LoganCouture wrote:
Obama2008 wrote: I would love to know more about your numbers. Also, do you have a link to your LSN profile?
PM'd!
Can you PM me as well? Losing hope :(

urmlaw17

Bronze

Post by urmlaw17 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:40 pm

168 LSAT. 2.9 GPA

Applied to T19 and all major CA schools

Accepted to Georgetown , Washu, UCI , San Diego, USF, Loyola

Interview with Texas last week.

Waitlisted at UCLA

rejected at Michigan and Penn last week, Cornell in November.

LoganCouture

Gold

Post by LoganCouture » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 am

lgsb2014 wrote:
LoganCouture wrote:
Obama2008 wrote: I would love to know more about your numbers. Also, do you have a link to your LSN profile?
PM'd!
Can you PM me as well? Losing hope :(
Sent! Don't lose hope. You're not alone.

LoganCouture

Gold

Post by LoganCouture » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:25 pm

LoganCouture wrote:3L MA checking in. Happy to PM my numbers, although my cycle is old. I definitely want to encourage more MA applicants to shoot for "reach" schools, as we are still very underrepresented and you might outperform your numbers both acceptance/scholarship wise.

I want to chime in to emphasize the importance of the LSAT, as I believe it made the biggest difference in my cycle (and for those applicants who are out of school and your GPA is set in stone, it is the single most important factor within your control).

I also want to encourage more MA folks to post their stats on LSN. I kept my LSN fully updated during my cycle and was very forthcoming with identifiable information on TLS, and it never affected me negatively. As many of us have noticed, there is a real lack of good information about MA cycles and sharing this information really helps others in their application process.

Good luck and feel free to PM.

EDIT: Please PM (same username) on top-law-schools.com as I'm leaving TLS because it was acquired by a racist.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”