Autistic, Executive function Deficits, 3.7 GPA, LSAT unknown yet Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
liamjamesfitz

New

Autistic, Executive function Deficits, 3.7 GPA, LSAT unknown yet

Post by liamjamesfitz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:26 am

Hi,

I'm a junior at Pennsylvania State University majoring in political science. I was diagnosed at the age of 10 with Asperger syndrome, and at age 15 with executive function deficit/ADHD. I barely managed to graduate high school, but I've managed to make it to now with a 3.7 with extracurriculars among other things?

Though I haven't taken the LSAT yet, what would be my chances of getting into a t14 and what LSAT numbers would I need?

I know i'll be discussing a lot of this in my essay to law schools discussing how these things aren't disorders, rather that they're differences which can help add something to discussions and to law school itself.

Thanks.

Platopus

Gold

Re: Autistic, Executive function Deficits, 3.7 GPA, LSAT unknown yet

Post by Platopus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:33 am

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liamjamesfitz

New

Post by liamjamesfitz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Platopus wrote:Aim for a 180. There's really no point in speculating about the minimum score you'd need to crack the T-14. Just aim for perfect and do your best.

Edit: I'll be nice. 170 should be your minimum. But if you want a shot at the T-6, you'll need 173+
I'm proud to say that i'm a really good test taker, but I know that the LSAT is unlike other tests i've ever had.

I'm shooting for mid 170s or a perfect score.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:05 pm

liamjamesfitz wrote:
Platopus wrote:Aim for a 180. There's really no point in speculating about the minimum score you'd need to crack the T-14. Just aim for perfect and do your best.

Edit: I'll be nice. 170 should be your minimum. But if you want a shot at the T-6, you'll need 173+
I'm proud to say that i'm a really good test taker, but I know that the LSAT is unlike other tests i've ever had.

I'm shooting for mid 170s or a perfect score.
Cool, but we cant help you until you have a real score in hand. Come back then

jgloster

Bronze

Post by jgloster » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:54 pm

"Executive function deficits"? Does that mean you're mildly retarded?

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:07 pm

jgloster wrote:"Executive function deficits"? Does that mean you're mildly retarded?
No dumbass, it does not. Very few well thought out posts start with a personal attack, but if you are still going to use that word in 2017 you probably deserve it. An executive function deficit just means a difficulty with goal-directed behavior, it is very common and isn't debilitating in the work force. Read a book or something.

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:21 pm

jgloster wrote:"Executive function deficits"? Does that mean you're mildly retarded?
Nope. Does mean you're banned though.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:30 pm

liamjamesfitz wrote:Hi,

I'm a junior at Pennsylvania State University majoring in political science. I was diagnosed at the age of 10 with Asperger syndrome, and at age 15 with executive function deficit/ADHD. I barely managed to graduate high school, but I've managed to make it to now with a 3.7 with extracurriculars among other things?

Though I haven't taken the LSAT yet, what would be my chances of getting into a t14 and what LSAT numbers would I need?

I know i'll be discussing a lot of this in my essay to law schools discussing how these things aren't disorders, rather that they're differences which can help add something to discussions and to law school itself.

Thanks.
Hey! I couldn't really say as to your likelihood though I'd definitely agree that you should try to hit as close to 180 as you can get. That being said, my youngest brother has severe autism so please let me know if you ever need help with anything!!

Law 202x

New

Post by Law 202x » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:47 am

There's a neat formula online somewhere which tries to correlate your SAT with possible LSAT score. The interpretation is to say if you spend as much time preparing for the LSAT as you spent preparing for the SAT, that is a possible score you could achieve. Consequently with more effort involved, you can score even higher. Additionally, the standard error of measurement of ±2.6 points says that even with a commensurate level of practice you still have around a 5% chance of scoring 3 points lower than the projected score.

I would make one other statistical argument and that is to say if you know you're IQ you can correlate that with LSAT with the limitation that the mean IQ of LSAT test-takers is quite a bit higher than 100. If you have an IQ of 115 or an 84th percentile than one could conjecture that a reasonable expected score on the LSAT, all other things being equal, would be in the 70th percentiles (70-79).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”