Native American: Should I apply Binding Decision or not? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
how11015

New

Native American: Should I apply Binding Decision or not?

Post by how11015 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:08 am

Native American: Should I apply Binding Decision or not?
Last edited by how11015 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Native American: Should I apply Binding Decision or not?

Post by UVA2B » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:15 am

No one can really answer this question, because there is literally no data available to tell how these schools will treat the GRE, especially absent an LSAT score. GWU used to poach students from higher ranked schools with better numbers (both GPA and LSAT) in order to bolster their USNWR medians. With the added wrinkle of accepting GREs, it's possible GWU will see your 3.9+GRE+no LSAT and see that as an easy get, but as long as USNWR factors LSAT exclusively into their ranking formula, it'll probably continue to use their binding ED scholar program to get desirable LSAT/GPA combinations.

If anyone suggests they have any idea how these schools will treat GREs, they'll mostly be lying because we have at best anecdotal information about how it will be treated (by this year's admissions cycle). No one will be able to gauge the "GRE effect" until the cycle is done and numbers are put out by the schools.

Also, don't apply to law school on a whim. Apply to law school because you want to be a lawyer. Not study law. Be a lawyer.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”