LSAT Score? AA Male Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
VandyMan32

New

LSAT Score? AA Male

Post by VandyMan32 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:55 pm

Long-time lurker, first time poster. I'm an AA male with the following stats and softs:

2.8 GPA from Top 75 university (3.2 graduating semester and 3.5 in my major)
Current 4.0 in master's program and do not expect to drop anywhere below a 3.7 (graduating in fall of 2018)

Student Government Senator (3 years)
Member and Service Chair of Fraternity (3 years/1 year)
Legal Aid Internship (1 semester during school)
LLC Transfer Council Member and Mentor (1 year)
Worked on local political campaign (Summer)
Study Abroad (Summer)

Current Graduate Research Assistant within my program and will be doing this in the spring as well as next fall.

What LSAT score would I need to have any shot at a T14? Looking to apply in the fall of 2018. Any advice is appreciated!

OakBrook2021

Bronze

Re: LSAT Score? AA Male

Post by OakBrook2021 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:09 pm

No one can give you a concrete answer because there isn't much data on AA splitters. I'd aim for 180 and not settle for less than 170

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:12 pm

2.8 uGPA + URM means you need at least a 167ish LSAT for a decent shot at t-14

Your post seems to emphasize your softs but law school admissions is mostly a numbers game where your uGPA and your LSAT score are what matters. But that's not to say your softs will hurt you in anyway, just don't expect them to overcome your numbers

And as the above poster said, aim for your best possible score since your gpa is on the low-end

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:33 pm

Don't settle for a minimum score. Shoot for as high as you can get.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”