Confusing emails from LGBT Groups at high-end schools Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
t14orbust22

New

Confusing emails from LGBT Groups at high-end schools

Post by t14orbust22 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:32 pm

So it's not that the emails themselves are confusing, but my highest LSAT score on LSAC is a 161 and while I get tons of e-mail and mail from lower-ranked law schools which I won't attend, I've been getting emails from LGBT student groups from schools like Michigan, UVA, Berkeley, and even Harvard telling me to check out the school if I'm interested and contact them with questions. Has anyone else been getting these as well? I simply don't see why they would contact me when my score isn't close to the school median, other than they email anyone who identifies as LGBT on their list they have with LSAC. Does anyone else get similar emails form T14 schools? If so, do you have a score on file close to their median?

SomewhatLearnedHand

Bronze

Re: Confusing emails from LGBT Groups at high-end schools

Post by SomewhatLearnedHand » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:36 pm

Pretty sure this is normal. Doesn't mean you have a better shot of getting in.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”