Late Diversity Statement

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
ToddCraines

New

Late Diversity Statement

Postby ToddCraines » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:21 am

Hey! Long Time lurker with a question

So while working on my apps, I couldn't put together a diversity statement that didn't sound fake or forced as I was kind of stuck on the adversity mind set. Recently, I have thought a way that I can weave my unique diversity while not trying to make a sob story.

Here's my problem, I've already applied to 11 schools this cycle with only my personal statement (and then additional essays to those schools that ask/encourage). How bad would it look if I email my new diversity statement to update my file? Or should I wait and send it in if I get waitlisted? I really don't want to get dinged when this could really help me! Thank you!!

LSNlife

Bronze

Re: Late Diversity Statement

Postby LSNlife » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:41 pm

ToddCraines wrote:Hey! Long Time lurker with a question

So while working on my apps, I couldn't put together a diversity statement that didn't sound fake or forced as I was kind of stuck on the adversity mind set. Recently, I have thought a way that I can weave my unique diversity while not trying to make a sob story.

Here's my problem, I've already applied to 11 schools this cycle with only my personal statement (and then additional essays to those schools that ask/encourage). How bad would it look if I email my new diversity statement to update my file? Or should I wait and send it in if I get waitlisted? I really don't want to get dinged when this could really help me! Thank you!!

Honestly I don't think it'll look bad at all. I emailed in mine late to about 7 schools and they were all very kind about adding it to my files and many of those schools I've since been invited to interviews and/or been accepted to. Better late than never, go ahead and send it unless there's a specific school that you feel isn't open to late submissions of any type!

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum�