HELPPPP, When to submit apps if you're retaking for a better LSAT

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
abrownstruggling

HELPPPP, When to submit apps if you're retaking for a better LSAT

Postby abrownstruggling » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:50 pm

I just got my lsat back and it was on the lower end of the 150's. I am definitely retaking in December. I have a 3.64 as of now (from my state flagship university). My question to you all is should I hold my apps for all the T-14 schools, or would it be better to submit early and cross my fingers that I get waitlisted to some then go from there? I'm for sure gonna just go ahead with my apps to the schools between 20-45 that I had in mind, but I have no idea what I should do as far as the top schools. My softs are pretty basic: resident assistant for two years, university ambassador, study abroad full scholarship, student worker in study abroad office, etc. URM: AA female) Please help!

Drea

Re: HELPPPP, When to submit apps if you're retaking for a better LSAT

Postby Drea » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:15 am

Don't know if you've submitted by now.. but anyway, I'd recommend not rushing to submit your app if you plan to retake. In general, I think it's better to have a complete picture of the app you're submitting when you submit. So I'm personally more in favor of solid late apps than early so-so apps. Also, for POC who are not shoe-ins at selective schools, my theory is that it doesn't significantly benefit you to submit early because I'd guess that admissions officers would hold your app anyway until they have a better sense of the entire pool.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”