3.71 164 MA URM Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
thirstypls

New

3.71 164 MA URM

Post by thirstypls » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi everyone,

With my updated score from yesterday’s release I’m at 3.71, 164, and I’m a MA URM.

I checked MyLSN for chances and they seem to be optimistic but I was hoping to get more opinions since the URM stats for MyLSN have such a small sample size. I’d specifically like an idea of how I’d so at USC, UCLA, UT, and the T-14.

Thank you in advance!

dietcoke1

Silver

Re: 3.71 164 MA URM

Post by dietcoke1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:12 pm

I would apply to as many schools in the T20 as you can afford

hammy393

Bronze

Post by hammy393 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:36 am

thirstypls wrote:Hi everyone,

With my updated score from yesterday’s release I’m at 3.71, 164, and I’m a MA URM.

I checked MyLSN for chances and they seem to be optimistic but I was hoping to get more opinions since the URM stats for MyLSN have such a small sample size. I’d specifically like an idea of how I’d so at USC, UCLA, UT, and the T-14.

Thank you in advance!
I'd be very surprised if you did not get into at least one of USC, UCLA, or UT. Apply to every T14 plus UCLA/USC/UT. With your numbers, you should get into a handful of T14s with a strong app (personal statement, rec letters, etc.). You have a shot at the T6. I had the exact same numbers as you (3.71/164/MA) and got into YS.

TripleM

Bronze

Post by TripleM » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:33 pm

You're in a great position. If your essays are on point I'd bet you get multiple offers from T14 with money. I'm not in the prediction business but I'll tell you that I got into UCLA with the same LSAT and a far worse GPA (3.3). As a side note, the UCLA admissions team was exceptional. They were responsive, personable and generous.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”