URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)

What type of music do you listen to when you get into a school?

Hip Hop / Rap
36
52%
EDM
1
1%
Pop / Top 40
8
12%
R&B
2
3%
Reggaeton / Bachata / Latin Trap / Dance Hall / Soca
11
16%
Rock
3
4%
Something less lit than the options above
8
12%
 
Total votes: 69

Aspire2bEsquire

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:47 am

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby Aspire2bEsquire » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:31 am

RSolano wrote:
In at duke!


Congrats! Got my waitlist notice over the weekend.

RSolano

Bronze
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:06 am

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby RSolano » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:26 pm

Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
RSolano wrote:
In at duke!


Congrats! Got my waitlist notice over the weekend.



Check out the MS9 advice board if you haven't seen it yet for his advice about wait listers! When to send a LOCI etc :)

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby AaronCarter » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:09 pm

RSolano wrote:
Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
RSolano wrote:
In at duke!


Congrats! Got my waitlist notice over the weekend.



Check out the MS9 advice board if you haven't seen it yet for his advice about wait listers! When to send a LOCI etc :)


Do you have the page where he mentions when to send a LOCI. There are hundreds of pages on there.

User avatar
AvatarMeelo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby AvatarMeelo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:35 pm

I JUST GOT INTO EMORY!!

Is this what being wanted by a law school feels like?!?!
Last edited by AvatarMeelo on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Law School Native

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby Law School Native » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:05 pm

AvatarMeelo wrote:I JUST GOT INTO EMORY!!

Is this what being wanted by a law school feels like?!?!

Congrats!

User avatar
saffles

Bronze
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby saffles » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:57 pm

AvatarMeelo wrote:I JUST GOT INTO EMORY!!

Is this what being wanted by a law school feels like?!?!

CONGRATULATIONS! How does it feel? :o

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:09 pm

AvatarMeelo wrote:I JUST GOT INTO EMORY!!

Is this what being wanted by a law school feels like?!?!

goooooood shit, clueless!! :)

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Ok, so on FAFSA you are able to only put info for up to 10 schools. I applied to more than 10, so should I just wait and see how my cycle goes and I add/remove schools as I get more decisions? Or is there something else I have to do to add more schools?

User avatar
Aspire

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby Aspire » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:38 pm

I want to get accepted somewhere, anywhere :(

User avatar
stjeff00

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby stjeff00 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:43 pm

Aspire wrote:I want to get accepted somewhere, anywhere :(


as someone that applied earlier this month , I definitely relate to this feeling

EdTheLaywer

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:45 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby EdTheLaywer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:57 pm

Mikey wrote:Ok, so on FAFSA you are able to only put info for up to 10 schools. I applied to more than 10, so should I just wait and see how my cycle goes and I add/remove schools as I get more decisions? Or is there something else I have to do to add more schools?


Go back into the fafsa and remove the 10 you originally had and add the ones you still need. You can submit it as a corrected FAFSA and the additional schools will get it also.

Law School Native

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby Law School Native » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:03 am

EdTheLaywer wrote:
Mikey wrote:Ok, so on FAFSA you are able to only put info for up to 10 schools. I applied to more than 10, so should I just wait and see how my cycle goes and I add/remove schools as I get more decisions? Or is there something else I have to do to add more schools?


Go back into the fafsa and remove the 10 you originally had and add the ones you still need. You can submit it as a corrected FAFSA and the additional schools will get it also.

Did this for one of my schools and it was easy.

RSolano

Bronze
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:06 am

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby RSolano » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:01 am

AaronCarter wrote:
RSolano wrote:
Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
RSolano wrote:
In at duke!


Congrats! Got my waitlist notice over the weekend.



Check out the MS9 advice board if you haven't seen it yet for his advice about wait listers! When to send a LOCI etc :)


Do you have the page where he mentions when to send a LOCI. There are hundreds of pages on there.



Look through his blog- he has a pdf of hundreds of pages of his responses to people's questions sorted by topic. One whole section is wait list questions :)

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby Mikey » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:50 am

Law School Native wrote:
EdTheLaywer wrote:
Mikey wrote:Ok, so on FAFSA you are able to only put info for up to 10 schools. I applied to more than 10, so should I just wait and see how my cycle goes and I add/remove schools as I get more decisions? Or is there something else I have to do to add more schools?


Go back into the fafsa and remove the 10 you originally had and add the ones you still need. You can submit it as a corrected FAFSA and the additional schools will get it also.

Did this for one of my schools and it was easy.

Hmm, alright thanks guys.

I was thinking of doing that but I just wasn't sure. Do we have to update schools with 2017 tax return info when we get it? My only concern about doing that method of deleting previous schools is that fafsa says schools taken off the list won't receive any NEW information. So the 2017 tax return stuff was tripping me out.

Law School Native

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby Law School Native » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Mikey wrote:
Law School Native wrote:
EdTheLaywer wrote:
Mikey wrote:Ok, so on FAFSA you are able to only put info for up to 10 schools. I applied to more than 10, so should I just wait and see how my cycle goes and I add/remove schools as I get more decisions? Or is there something else I have to do to add more schools?


Go back into the fafsa and remove the 10 you originally had and add the ones you still need. You can submit it as a corrected FAFSA and the additional schools will get it also.

Did this for one of my schools and it was easy.

Hmm, alright thanks guys.

I was thinking of doing that but I just wasn't sure. Do we have to update schools with 2017 tax return info when we get it? My only concern about doing that method of deleting previous schools is that fafsa says schools taken off the list won't receive any NEW information. So the 2017 tax return stuff was tripping me out.

There's an option to make a correction. Just take off schools you know you do not want and put on ones that you do.

User avatar
Aspire

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby Aspire » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 pm

In at WUSTL! This is my first acceptance, feels a little surreal. I'm really finally going to law school this fall!

User avatar
Prudence

New
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby Prudence » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:41 pm

Aspire wrote:In at WUSTL! This is my first acceptance, feels a little surreal. I'm really finally going to law school this fall!


Congratulations!!

User avatar
Aspire

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby Aspire » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:51 pm

Prudence wrote:
Aspire wrote:In at WUSTL! This is my first acceptance, feels a little surreal. I'm really finally going to law school this fall!


Congratulations!!


Thanks!

User avatar
saffles

Bronze
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby saffles » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:15 pm

Aspire wrote:In at WUSTL! This is my first acceptance, feels a little surreal. I'm really finally going to law school this fall!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

User avatar
saffles

Bronze
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby saffles » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:17 pm

Did you guys title your diversity statements and/or personal statements? I was looking at my sample app and I wonder if it will be hard for the reviewer to tell that a page of the app is for one type of essay and another page is for a different type of essay.

anacabana

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:41 am

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby anacabana » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:59 pm

How’s everyone holding out in regards to the T-14 thus far? I applied back in mid Novemver and haven’t heard from anywhere aside from Georgetown. So heartbroken :( starting to feel like there’s going to be a wave of waitlists/rejects coming my way

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby AaronCarter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 pm

anacabana wrote:How’s everyone holding out in regards to the T-14 thus far? I applied back in mid Novemver and haven’t heard from anywhere aside from Georgetown. So heartbroken :( starting to feel like there’s going to be a wave of waitlists/rejects coming my way


Average performance thus far. I'm hoping I can crack t6/t3.

UMich
Cornell
Northwestern

Aspire2bEsquire

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:47 am

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby Aspire2bEsquire » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:10 pm

Thanks all. I've gotten silence on most of my apps. Awaiting t13 responses. Splitter.

User avatar
Spiker29

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:00 am

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby Spiker29 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:05 am

anacabana wrote:How’s everyone holding out in regards to the T-14 thus far? I applied back in mid Novemver and haven’t heard from anywhere aside from Georgetown. So heartbroken :( starting to feel like there’s going to be a wave of waitlists/rejects coming my way


Hey,

In at Duke, Michigan, Berkeley, Texas, and on hold until February at Georgetown. Getting nervous about the others though :( .

ToddCraines

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:03 am

Re: URM 2017-2018 Cycle Thread

Postby ToddCraines » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:22 am

In at USC, Vandy and Georgetown thus far. Rejected at UCLA, Texas, and Michigan (none had my diversity statement, does anyone know if this could have hurt me??). Priority Reserve at Duke (also didn't have diversity statement)

Waiting on Columbia(had interview), NYU (currently UR2), Cornell(had interview), and Penn (UR2) for decisions in the near future. Just submitted Chicago last week and prepared to wait out Radio Silence from Virginia.

Kind of nervous that I'm facing only dings but also learning to be content with what I have.



Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests