2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
ahendrix3
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:28 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby ahendrix3 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:15 pm

I would very much like to be put out of my misery...

69waystodie
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby 69waystodie » Mon May 01, 2017 7:54 pm

some friends in regional offices have been getting firm placement via phone call tonight, no NYC kids yet though.

User avatar
slurp
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby slurp » Mon May 01, 2017 8:18 pm

I think it's safe to say if firm placements are going out, then those of still waiting will prob get some ding emails tomorrow

User avatar
ahendrix3
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:28 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby ahendrix3 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:21 pm

slurp wrote:I think it's safe to say if firm placements are going out, then those of still waiting will prob get some ding emails tomorrow

I just don't understand why they couldn't have sent them out earlier. Why keep us waiting?

User avatar
slurp
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby slurp » Mon May 01, 2017 8:27 pm

ahendrix3 wrote:
slurp wrote:I think it's safe to say if firm placements are going out, then those of still waiting will prob get some ding emails tomorrow

I just don't understand why they couldn't have sent them out earlier. Why keep us waiting?

Just in case there are any last minute people who decline the offer, I reckon

eli_1812
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 11:57 am

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby eli_1812 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:30 pm

Someone please make a Facebook page for accepted interns! I tried but I need to add at least one friend and...well, I'm not friends with any of you all yet! Looking forward to networking (definitely), rooming (perhaps), and going out on the town (if they don't work us to death).

HarvardHopeful95
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby HarvardHopeful95 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:21 am

I'm so excited to meet all of you at the NY institute. Let's have an amazing time! I'm thinking of it like a 2 week camp except we will be working our tails off for most of the time :lol:

smilingorch
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:58 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby smilingorch » Tue May 02, 2017 5:23 am

eli_1812 wrote:Someone please make a Facebook page for accepted interns! I tried but I need to add at least one friend and...well, I'm not friends with any of you all yet! Looking forward to networking (definitely), rooming (perhaps), and going out on the town (if they don't work us to death).


There already is one. Van Ann made the page. It's a closed group, but you should be able to find it by searching SEO Law 2017

User avatar
call-me-bubbles
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Tue May 02, 2017 10:55 am

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Wed May 03, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
renc56
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:14 am

call-me-bubbles wrote:Just to clarify, the updated resume format only has us list our undergrad institution; we don't list our law school anywhere? This seems odd to me, especially after all the emphasis on school pick, but they also said to follow the resume format exactly, so...


You must have got the wrong one because the updated format includes law school and our expected graduation date

User avatar
call-me-bubbles
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby call-me-bubbles » Tue May 02, 2017 11:20 am

.
Last edited by call-me-bubbles on Wed May 03, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

20171lhopeful
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby 20171lhopeful » Tue May 02, 2017 11:26 am

call-me-bubbles wrote:
renc56 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:Just to clarify, the updated resume format only has us list our undergrad institution; we don't list our law school anywhere? This seems odd to me, especially after all the emphasis on school pick, but they also said to follow the resume format exactly, so...


You must have got the wrong one because the updated format includes law school and our expected graduation date


Did you get it in a separate email? The acceptance/offer email said the resume format would be sent "under separate cover," which I didn't get.


Yeah---van ann sent it to me. PM me your email and I can send it to you.

User avatar
renc56
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:29 am

call-me-bubbles wrote:
renc56 wrote:
call-me-bubbles wrote:Just to clarify, the updated resume format only has us list our undergrad institution; we don't list our law school anywhere? This seems odd to me, especially after all the emphasis on school pick, but they also said to follow the resume format exactly, so...


You must have got the wrong one because the updated format includes law school and our expected graduation date


Did you get it in a separate email? The acceptance/offer email said the resume format would be sent "under separate cover," which I didn't get.


Yeah, I got like 3 e-mails from them

User avatar
poptart123
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby poptart123 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:36 pm

My docs were required to be uploaded to my application last Friday. Just noticed that the tab to upload them is no longer there. I did upload them, but I freaked out for a minute.

User avatar
renc56
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:09 pm

This whole thing is already giving me gray hair

justonepost
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby justonepost » Tue May 02, 2017 2:05 pm

been following this thread for awhile as a T14(er), still waiting on news. Congrats to all who are in, but for us few who are not in I'm losing my mind. To SEO: either ask me to prom or let me down with a harsh no. Literally created an account to add this one comment.

us3rnam3
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby us3rnam3 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:28 pm

justonepost wrote:been following this thread for awhile as a T14(er), still waiting on news. Congrats to all who are in, but for us few who are not in I'm losing my mind. To SEO: either ask me to prom or let me down with a harsh no. Literally created an account to add this one comment.

lol +1 i also created my tls account just for this thread

User avatar
slurp
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby slurp » Tue May 02, 2017 2:33 pm

What's the FB invite count at?

User avatar
renc56
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:47 pm

slurp wrote:What's the FB invite count at?


it likely won't help you because not everyone has been invited on FB (or has one)

us3rnam3
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby us3rnam3 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:52 pm

slurp wrote:What's the FB invite count at?


from my snooping it appears to be 72, because a lot of people dont have facebook I would presume they have filled all the spots and are just waiting to make sure all the pieces are in order

justonepost
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby justonepost » Tue May 02, 2017 3:32 pm

just2posts: if that is the case, (which is a good hypothesis) it would be nice to be communicated this knowledge. Or some acknowledgement that one is an understudy for a more worthy applicant :D lol so one knows whats going on. The communication throughout this process has been at best abysmal and at it's worst nonexistence.

User avatar
renc56
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:33 pm

us3rnam3 wrote:
slurp wrote:What's the FB invite count at?


from my snooping it appears to be 72, because a lot of people dont have facebook I would presume they have filled all the spots and are just waiting to make sure all the pieces are in order


It seems as if SEO is still working on matching people with firms and getting the logistics together. A lack of response could mean a ding or they have not gotten around to verifying that their original list of selected candidates can commit to all of SEO. Either way they're hella busy.

smilingorch
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:58 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby smilingorch » Tue May 02, 2017 3:39 pm

renc56 wrote:
us3rnam3 wrote:
slurp wrote:What's the FB invite count at?


from my snooping it appears to be 72, because a lot of people dont have facebook I would presume they have filled all the spots and are just waiting to make sure all the pieces are in order


It seems as if SEO is still working on matching people with firms and getting the logistics together. A lack of response could mean a ding or they have not gotten around to verifying that their original list of selected candidates can commit to all of SEO. Either way they're hella busy.


I think the fact that someone was accepted on a Sunday is proof enough that they're hella busy

User avatar
renc56
Posts: 331
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:50 pm

smilingorch wrote:
renc56 wrote:
us3rnam3 wrote:
slurp wrote:What's the FB invite count at?


from my snooping it appears to be 72, because a lot of people dont have facebook I would presume they have filled all the spots and are just waiting to make sure all the pieces are in order


It seems as if SEO is still working on matching people with firms and getting the logistics together. A lack of response could mean a ding or they have not gotten around to verifying that their original list of selected candidates can commit to all of SEO. Either way they're hella busy.


I think the fact that someone was accepted on a Sunday is proof enough that they're hella busy


The idea of SEO in itself is odd and ambitious. Basically a 3rd party is doing all this legwork (interview, reading applications that have more components than actual entry-level job applications) of 300+ applicants for 70-90 spots to match people with a firm that we're basically showing up to work for.

(not to mention the 1.5 weeks of classes)

beantheshadow
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby beantheshadow » Tue May 02, 2017 4:09 pm

Whatever the case is im still holding onto hope until I can get that for sure yes or no! *crosses fingers*

I'm not religious at all but my mom is, she made me pray on Sunday about it. But I don't know if it's working against me cuz god was like "you don't mean this shit," + plus I had my eyes open. lol but my mom was deep into it though lol




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: konamiyoxi1 and 4 guests