2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
notorious_mig

Bronze
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby notorious_mig » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:26 am

ConLaw2017 wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:Oigan so #realtalk like what causes HYS people ~not~ to get this like I know HYS have a solid shot but have also been turned down in the past

J tryna not volverme loca while I wait because I have no idea how my interview went

~"Save Me" by Amy Mann plays in background~


You know a Yalie who didn't get this? Who?


Not a Yalie, but a HLS kid on TLS that didn't get it last year

lilitiger99

Bronze
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby lilitiger99 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:21 am

notorious_mig wrote:
ConLaw2017 wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:Oigan so #realtalk like what causes HYS people ~not~ to get this like I know HYS have a solid shot but have also been turned down in the past

J tryna not volverme loca while I wait because I have no idea how my interview went

~"Save Me" by Amy Mann plays in background~


You know a Yalie who didn't get this? Who?


Not a Yalie, but a HLS kid on TLS that didn't get it last year



viewtopic.php?f=14&t=255606&hilit=seo+decision&start=400

I followed his cycle & happened to have this thread tagged. Harvard and dinged. Their cycles of admits were - a wave the 11 for NYC and the rest (dings) released the 27.

ConLaw2017

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:59 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby ConLaw2017 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:09 pm

lilitiger99 wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:
ConLaw2017 wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:Oigan so #realtalk like what causes HYS people ~not~ to get this like I know HYS have a solid shot but have also been turned down in the past

J tryna not volverme loca while I wait because I have no idea how my interview went

~"Save Me" by Amy Mann plays in background~


You know a Yalie who didn't get this? Who?


Not a Yalie, but a HLS kid on TLS that didn't get it last year



viewtopic.php?f=14&t=255606&hilit=seo+decision&start=400

I followed his cycle & happened to have this thread tagged. Harvard and dinged. Their cycles of admits were - a wave the 11 for NYC and the rest (dings) released the 27.


Okay...has anyone been admitted thus far?

us3rnam3

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby us3rnam3 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:11 pm

ConLaw2017 wrote:
lilitiger99 wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:
ConLaw2017 wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:Oigan so #realtalk like what causes HYS people ~not~ to get this like I know HYS have a solid shot but have also been turned down in the past

J tryna not volverme loca while I wait because I have no idea how my interview went

~"Save Me" by Amy Mann plays in background~


You know a Yalie who didn't get this? Who?


Not a Yalie, but a HLS kid on TLS that didn't get it last year



viewtopic.php?f=14&t=255606&hilit=seo+decision&start=400

I followed his cycle & happened to have this thread tagged. Harvard and dinged. Their cycles of admits were - a wave the 11 for NYC and the rest (dings) released the 27.


Okay...has anyone been admitted thus far?

QTNA!!!

ConLaw2017

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:59 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby ConLaw2017 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:16 pm

us3rnam3 wrote:
ConLaw2017 wrote:
lilitiger99 wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:
ConLaw2017 wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:Oigan so #realtalk like what causes HYS people ~not~ to get this like I know HYS have a solid shot but have also been turned down in the past

J tryna not volverme loca while I wait because I have no idea how my interview went

~"Save Me" by Amy Mann plays in background~


You know a Yalie who didn't get this? Who?


Not a Yalie, but a HLS kid on TLS that didn't get it last year



viewtopic.php?f=14&t=255606&hilit=seo+decision&start=400

I followed his cycle & happened to have this thread tagged. Harvard and dinged. Their cycles of admits were - a wave the 11 for NYC and the rest (dings) released the 27.


Okay...has anyone been admitted thus far?

QTNA!!!


This forum seems to contain a representative sample. I think it would be highly unlikely that no one here would have received a notification by now if acceptances were all already sent out. Also, TLS tends to have an SEO preparation site set up for admits. So, that might key us off...

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby hammy393 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:31 pm

I know this is redundant info for most people, but don't forget that you won't receive any decision whatsoever from SEO until you upload your law school deposit form/confirmation/etc to your account (under Supporting Documents)

wildquest8200

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby wildquest8200 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:37 pm

what if you deposit at two schools?

lilitiger99

Bronze
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby lilitiger99 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:44 pm

[/quote]

Not a Yalie, but a HLS kid on TLS that didn't get it last year[/quote]


http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=400

I followed his cycle & happened to have this thread tagged. Harvard and dinged. Their cycles of admits were - a wave the 11 for NYC and the rest (dings) released the 27.[/quote]

Okay...has anyone been admitted thus far?[/quote]
QTNA!!![/quote]

This forum seems to contain a representative sample. I think it would be highly unlikely that no one here would have received a notification by now if acceptances were all already sent out. Also, TLS tends to have an SEO preparation site set up for admits. So, that might key us off...[/quote]

upthread someone says they got in. a month ago. They're behind I think. Also interesting that last year they called.

User avatar
renc56

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:12 pm

The last second interviews were yesterday so...if the region you're applying to already has most/majority/all with submitted deposits, then you should be hearing back sooner.

It'd be cool to know this week but the deposit deadline is the 28th :/

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby hammy393 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:17 pm

renc56 wrote:The last second interviews were yesterday so...if the region you're applying to already has most/majority/all with submitted deposits, then you should be hearing back sooner.

It'd be cool to know this week but the deposit deadline is the 28th :/


Though the new director did say that decisions will be made in more of a rolling basis according to deposit submissions

User avatar
renc56

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:21 pm

hammy393 wrote:
renc56 wrote:The last second interviews were yesterday so...if the region you're applying to already has most/majority/all with submitted deposits, then you should be hearing back sooner.

It'd be cool to know this week but the deposit deadline is the 28th :/


Though the new director did say that decisions will be made in more of a rolling basis according to deposit submissions


That's what the first interviewer told me and what was in their second-interview e-mail. However, during my second interview I asked and was told that SEO wants to be able to compare those with deposits in a certain region before giving out decisions.

(If it helps, I'm not applying for the DC/NYC which could have decisions on a rolling basis more so than people who picked super regional places like TX/ATL/CA firms)

User avatar
slurp

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby slurp » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Hopefully this week today

us3rnam3

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby us3rnam3 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:08 pm

slurp wrote:Hopefully this week today

:lol: :lol:

bgt1995

New
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby bgt1995 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Just got the offer. Good luck everyone!

crookedsmile

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby crookedsmile » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Can also confirm offers have started going out.

Edit: Not me, a friend received call though.

User avatar
slurp

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby slurp » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Congrats all. So theyre extending offers by phone? What market you all get assigned to?

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1152
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby poptart123 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:41 pm

bgt1995 wrote:Just got the offer. Good luck everyone!


Congrats! Did you choose you NYC?

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby hammy393 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Just got the acceptance call from Van Ann! Deposited today at SLS and placed in LA (#1 choice). Firm placement coming in next couple weeks

User avatar
azaleafire

Bronze
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby azaleafire » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:17 pm

Also got the call. Non-NYC

AJ1010

Bronze
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby AJ1010 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Has anyone who asked for NYC gotten the call?

dg1090

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:26 am

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby dg1090 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:22 pm

AJ1010 wrote:Has anyone who asked for NYC gotten the call?


Or SF?

latinxlawschool2020

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 am

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby latinxlawschool2020 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Anyone hear back for SF or D.C.? Sent my deposit in last week!

User avatar
renc56

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:17 pm

Congrats to those who got accepted! I'm glad that they are pushing out acceptances fairly early.

(I was on the "let's hear back today" train but it's a hella stressful week so if I'm going to be dinged, let's not do it soon pls)

User avatar
notorious_mig

Bronze
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby notorious_mig » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:17 pm

Assuming we're done with calls for the night? Y ahora comenzamos con la brujería

User avatar
notorious_mig

Bronze
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby notorious_mig » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:18 pm

Also wow yes omg I'm a dick CONGRATULATIONS to the Chosen Ones you guys are superstars!!!



Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests