2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
20171lhopeful

Bronze
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby 20171lhopeful » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:58 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Is anyone sending SEO updates to your file? I know we can update the application ourselves with recent acceptances or decisions otherwise, but what if we land big money somewhere? is that worth sharing?

I mean big money scholarship wise (Like a fellowship) not financial aid.



congrats on PILS! :lol: :wink: 8)

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:59 am

20171lhopeful wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Is anyone sending SEO updates to your file? I know we can update the application ourselves with recent acceptances or decisions otherwise, but what if we land big money somewhere? is that worth sharing?

I mean big money scholarship wise (Like a fellowship) not financial aid.



congrats on PILS! :lol: :wink: 8)


No!! hehe did not get PILS but still hopeful, and wanted to know whether it'd be something worth sharing.
GoD I WISH!! lol

20171lhopeful

Bronze
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby 20171lhopeful » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Is anyone sending SEO updates to your file? I know we can update the application ourselves with recent acceptances or decisions otherwise, but what if we land big money somewhere? is that worth sharing?

I mean big money scholarship wise (Like a fellowship) not financial aid.



congrats on PILS! :lol: :wink: 8)


No!! hehe did not get PILS but still hopeful, and wanted to know whether it'd be something worth sharing.
GoD I WISH!! lol


ok, good luck then!...not sure about the sharing part...it's a PI scholarship, so it's prestigious, but then would hint that you're committed to PI in the near future, so not sure how BL firms would perceive that.

User avatar
lula43

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby lula43 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:48 am

Got a nice postcard in the mail from SEO yesterday. Yet, still not interview request :( I check my spam every 10 minutes. Anyone else still waiting?

User avatar
renc56

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:12 pm

lula43 wrote:Got a nice postcard in the mail from SEO yesterday. Yet, still not interview request :( I check my spam every 10 minutes. Anyone else still waiting?


+1

crookedsmile

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby crookedsmile » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:17 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Is anyone sending SEO updates to your file? I know we can update the application ourselves with recent acceptances or decisions otherwise, but what if we land big money somewhere? is that worth sharing?

I mean big money scholarship wise (Like a fellowship) not financial aid.


Not sure if they're taking this kind of stuff into consideration. The interviewer let is slip that they don't even really care about you updating schools either until you deposit at one :?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby brinicolec » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:37 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Is anyone sending SEO updates to your file? I know we can update the application ourselves with recent acceptances or decisions otherwise, but what if we land big money somewhere? is that worth sharing?

I mean big money scholarship wise (Like a fellowship) not financial aid.


Meh, nope. I don't think they care lol

us3rnam3

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby us3rnam3 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:38 pm

crookedsmile wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Is anyone sending SEO updates to your file? I know we can update the application ourselves with recent acceptances or decisions otherwise, but what if we land big money somewhere? is that worth sharing?

I mean big money scholarship wise (Like a fellowship) not financial aid.


Not sure if they're taking this kind of stuff into consideration. The interviewer let is slip that they don't even really care about you updating schools either until you deposit at one :?



Yea i think the only update that would matter after your file is complete is which school your depositing at.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby brinicolec » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:42 pm

us3rnam3 wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Is anyone sending SEO updates to your file? I know we can update the application ourselves with recent acceptances or decisions otherwise, but what if we land big money somewhere? is that worth sharing?

I mean big money scholarship wise (Like a fellowship) not financial aid.


Not sure if they're taking this kind of stuff into consideration. The interviewer let is slip that they don't even really care about you updating schools either until you deposit at one :?



Yea i think the only update that would matter after your file is complete is which school your depositing at.


+1

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:26 pm

Thanks everyone! good to know.

User avatar
renc56

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Thanks everyone! good to know.


And then - from reading last year's thread, people started hearing back in mid-April to late April.

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby 2000andBeyond » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:48 pm

renc56 wrote:
lula43 wrote:Got a nice postcard in the mail from SEO yesterday. Yet, still not interview request :( I check my spam every 10 minutes. Anyone else still waiting?


+1


+2

User avatar
renc56

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:50 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
renc56 wrote:
lula43 wrote:Got a nice postcard in the mail from SEO yesterday. Yet, still not interview request :( I check my spam every 10 minutes. Anyone else still waiting?


+1


+2


Just got the interview e-mail! Did y'all do Skype or phone?

User avatar
lula43

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby lula43 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:52 pm

renc56 wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
renc56 wrote:
lula43 wrote:Got a nice postcard in the mail from SEO yesterday. Yet, still not interview request :( I check my spam every 10 minutes. Anyone else still waiting?


+1


+2


Just got the interview e-mail! Did y'all do Skype or phone?


When did you submit? Did you receive a confirmation/"congrats your app has been successfully submitted" email?

User avatar
renc56

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:58 pm

lula43 wrote:
renc56 wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
renc56 wrote:
lula43 wrote:Got a nice postcard in the mail from SEO yesterday. Yet, still not interview request :( I check my spam every 10 minutes. Anyone else still waiting?


+1


+2


Just got the interview e-mail! Did y'all do Skype or phone?


When did you submit? Did you receive a confirmation/"congrats your app has been successfully submitted" email?


Submitted on 3/9 and received an e-mail that started with: Thank you for your interest in SEO Law. Your application has been successfully submitted! We will review your candidacy in full when your profile is complete.

dg1090

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:26 am

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby dg1090 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Anyone know the interview to offer rate?

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby HarvardHopeful95 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:36 pm

renc56 wrote:
lula43 wrote:
renc56 wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
renc56 wrote:
lula43 wrote:Got a nice postcard in the mail from SEO yesterday. Yet, still not interview request :( I check my spam every 10 minutes. Anyone else still waiting?


+1


+2


Just got the interview e-mail! Did y'all do Skype or phone?


When did you submit? Did you receive a confirmation/"congrats your app has been successfully submitted" email?


Submitted on 3/9 and received an e-mail that started with: Thank you for your interest in SEO Law. Your application has been successfully submitted! We will review your candidacy in full when your profile is complete.


Just got an interview request as well. I finished my application on 3/12 although I never got the email confirmation

GuardianAngel

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:03 am

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby GuardianAngel » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:08 am

Will confirm decisions are being sent out.

With the large caveat that my situation is unique...but this means they are at least weighing applications.

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1152
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby poptart123 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:24 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Will confirm decisions are being sent out.

With the large caveat that my situation is unique...but this means they are at least weighing applications.


Did you already deposit at a school?

User avatar
renc56

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby renc56 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:49 am

dg1090 wrote:Anyone know the interview to offer rate?


I think it's best to take it as a, "They think I'm qualified enough to interview me" but it's still extremely competitive and you need to do well on the interview. So have some hope? idk anymore

GuardianAngel

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:03 am

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby GuardianAngel » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:00 am

poptart123 wrote:Did you already deposit at a school?



Yep.

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1152
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby poptart123 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:05 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
poptart123 wrote:Did you already deposit at a school?



Yep.


Awesome, congratulations! I guess you've just about figured out your next 3.5 years at this point.

beantheshadow

Bronze
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby beantheshadow » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:15 pm

I read somewhere on the SEO website that we should let them know what school we decide on by April 28th, where do we update this information to them at?

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby brinicolec » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:43 pm

beantheshadow wrote:I read somewhere on the SEO website that we should let them know what school we decide on by April 28th, where do we update this information to them at?



The app online

20171lhopeful

Bronze
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Postby 20171lhopeful » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:05 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
poptart123 wrote:Did you already deposit at a school?



Yep.


Congrats! How soon after you deposited did SEO accept you?



Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests