Do schools send out personal emails to large numbers of minorities?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
Mr_Chukes

Do schools send out personal emails to large numbers of minorities?

Postby Mr_Chukes » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:29 pm

I got personal emails from Northwestern and University of Michigan by students who encouraged me to apply. Do many other URMs receive these?

Mullens

Re: Do schools send out personal emails to large numbers of minorities?

Postby Mullens » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:I got personal emails from Northwestern and University of Michigan by students who encouraged me to apply. Do many other URMs receive these?

They probably send them to every person of your race with GPA/LSAT above a certain level.

Mr_Chukes

Postby Mr_Chukes » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:40 pm

Mullens wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:I got personal emails from Northwestern and University of Michigan by students who encouraged me to apply. Do many other URMs receive these?

They probably send them to every person of your race with GPA/LSAT above a certain level.

Yeah i was thinking that. I wonder how many students they have. I exchanged numbers with a few students that emailed me and got info about the schools from them.

Incrementalist

Postby Incrementalist » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:18 am

Usually send them out to people with similar stats to try and recruit and encourage those of us to apply.

Mr_Chukes

Postby Mr_Chukes » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:48 am

Incrementalist wrote:

Usually send them out to people with similar stats to try and recruit and encourage those of us to apply.

That makes a lot of sense. Are you in Law School now?

Incrementalist

Postby Incrementalist » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:52 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:
Incrementalist wrote:

That makes a lot of sense. Are you in Law School now?

No but I could have been. I chose to go on get my Masters first. I have seen how this process has worked in the past cycle I applied though. And have received similar emails from schools.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”