SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
SEOLawRecruiter
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby SEOLawRecruiter » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:18 am

brinicolec wrote:Since my interview, I have come across an area that I think may be of interest (litigation) that I wasn't really familiar with at the time of the interview and therefore, I didn't mention it or consider it when looking into the partner firms. Is this something important that I should let you all know (as it may relate to placement) now or if I'm offered a fellowship?


It won't affect your placement.

User avatar
sfn91
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby sfn91 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:05 pm

If we already work for one of the firms that participates in SEO, is it possible to request someplace new,or is it assumed that the applicant would want to try out a new environment?

User avatar
notorious_mig
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby notorious_mig » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Hello again! Another quick question: I've already been admitted to the school I know for 100% sure I want to attend, but I am holding off on submitting my seat deposit for the purpose of scholarship negotiation. Is there any point in communicating this to SEO - that I will absolutely be attending this school, I'm just not submitting the seat deposit yet? Thanks for your help.

User avatar
poptart123
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby poptart123 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:43 pm

When is the proof of seat deposit due? Some schools don't require one to be submitted until May 1. Is it before this date?

User avatar
brinicolec
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby brinicolec » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:12 pm

poptart123 wrote:When is the proof of seat deposit due? Some schools don't require one to be submitted until May 1. Is it before this date?



I think the SEO deadline is April 28th if I'm remembering correctly. It's also on the website.

User avatar
poptart123
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby poptart123 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:23 pm

brinicolec wrote:
poptart123 wrote:When is the proof of seat deposit due? Some schools don't require one to be submitted until May 1. Is it before this date?



I think the SEO deadline is April 28th if I'm remembering correctly. It's also on the website.


Thank you!

SEOLawRecruiter
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby SEOLawRecruiter » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:37 pm

notorious_mig wrote:Hello again! Another quick question: I've already been admitted to the school I know for 100% sure I want to attend, but I am holding off on submitting my seat deposit for the purpose of scholarship negotiation. Is there any point in communicating this to SEO - that I will absolutely be attending this school, I'm just not submitting the seat deposit yet? Thanks for your help.


You can definitely communicate that in your interview or add if to a comment box in your application or something. But we will need proof of deposit for it to "matter" (i.e. We cannot make a decision on your file just taking your word for it, unfortunately)

User avatar
brinicolec
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby brinicolec » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Does everyone who applied interview or will some people be phased out before interviewing?

User avatar
notorious_mig
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby notorious_mig » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:11 pm

SEOLawRecruiter wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:Hello again! Another quick question: I've already been admitted to the school I know for 100% sure I want to attend, but I am holding off on submitting my seat deposit for the purpose of scholarship negotiation. Is there any point in communicating this to SEO - that I will absolutely be attending this school, I'm just not submitting the seat deposit yet? Thanks for your help.


You can definitely communicate that in your interview or add if to a comment box in your application or something. But we will need proof of deposit for it to "matter" (i.e. We cannot make a decision on your file just taking your word for it, unfortunately)


Very good to know! Thank you so much.

20171lhopeful
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby 20171lhopeful » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:58 pm

SEOLawRecruiter wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:Hello again! Another quick question: I've already been admitted to the school I know for 100% sure I want to attend, but I am holding off on submitting my seat deposit for the purpose of scholarship negotiation. Is there any point in communicating this to SEO - that I will absolutely be attending this school, I'm just not submitting the seat deposit yet? Thanks for your help.


You can definitely communicate that in your interview or add if to a comment box in your application or something. But we will need proof of deposit for it to "matter" (i.e. We cannot make a decision on your file just taking your word for it, unfortunately)


That being said, if I deposit for a school in March or early April, will SEO let me know if I've been accepted or rejected earlier than the April 28 deadline?

uhwrestler
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:44 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby uhwrestler » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:49 am

sorry if this has already been discussed. But I saw in the other thread that our resumes have to be one page long.

is it true that our resumes can't be longer than 1 page?

Mjvance2
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby Mjvance2 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:47 am

20171lhopeful wrote:
SEOLawRecruiter wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:Hello again! Another quick question: I've already been admitted to the school I know for 100% sure I want to attend, but I am holding off on submitting my seat deposit for the purpose of scholarship negotiation. Is there any point in communicating this to SEO - that I will absolutely be attending this school, I'm just not submitting the seat deposit yet? Thanks for your help.


You can definitely communicate that in your interview or add if to a comment box in your application or something. But we will need proof of deposit for it to "matter" (i.e. We cannot make a decision on your file just taking your word for it, unfortunately)


That being said, if I deposit for a school in March or early April, will SEO let me know if I've been accepted or rejected earlier than the April 28 deadline?


I asked that question during my interview and I was told that only NYC had the possibility of hearing back early. Because it is the largest market with the most slots they can fill those quicker. The smaller markets pretty much won't be filled until after the deadline.

ConLaw2017
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:59 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby ConLaw2017 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:22 am

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I have a troubleshooting issue that I was hoping you could help me with. I scheduled an interview with your organization on January 23rd. My interviewer, however, cancelled our meeting and asked me to reschedule. I received an email later that day confirming the cancellation but have not yet received a link allowing me to reschedule. Could you please assist me in this matter?

mysterycat2020
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby mysterycat2020 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:12 pm

Hello,

I have a financial hold on my transcript from my undergraduate institution. Because they know I am applying to law school, scholarships, and programs, they will release an official transcript but only upon proof of acceptance. I have an unofficial transcript which is a typed version of my full transcript. Will this be allowed? Additionally, shall I send in an addendum explaining this?

Thank you

SEOLawRecruiter
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby SEOLawRecruiter » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:42 am

uhwrestler wrote:sorry if this has already been discussed. But I saw in the other thread that our resumes have to be one page long.

is it true that our resumes can't be longer than 1 page?


Yes one page only.

User avatar
MrJD2020
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby MrJD2020 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:12 pm

I've worked for one of the partner firms in the past (not as a lawyer) and have stayed in contact with a number of attorneys there. I'm considering applying to SEO Law for all of the benefits that SEO provides, but also in hopes of returning to that firm as a pre-1L summer associate. Is there any way to indicate that I hope to be placed at this firm, detailing my reasons why, or might that be ill-received by those reviewing my application?

User avatar
lula43
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby lula43 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:24 pm

SEOLawRecruiter wrote:
uhwrestler wrote:sorry if this has already been discussed. But I saw in the other thread that our resumes have to be one page long.

is it true that our resumes can't be longer than 1 page?


Yes one page only.


If we have already submitted, how can we go about fixing this?

20171lhopeful
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby 20171lhopeful » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:48 am

Hello! Can you provide some details on the scholarship and its timeline? Will we be notified if we are rejected, or only if accepted? Also, if you have a full ride at your selected law school, can the scholarship be applied towards books and living expenses? Thank you in advance!

SEOLawRecruiter
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby SEOLawRecruiter » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:35 am

MrJD2020 wrote:I've worked for one of the partner firms in the past (not as a lawyer) and have stayed in contact with a number of attorneys there. I'm considering applying to SEO Law for all of the benefits that SEO provides, but also in hopes of returning to that firm as a pre-1L summer associate. Is there any way to indicate that I hope to be placed at this firm, detailing my reasons why, or might that be ill-received by those reviewing my application?


We don't take firm placement preferences on the intern's side into consideration.

SEOLawRecruiter
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby SEOLawRecruiter » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:37 am

20171lhopeful wrote:Hello! Can you provide some details on the scholarship and its timeline? Will we be notified if we are rejected, or only if accepted? Also, if you have a full ride at your selected law school, can the scholarship be applied towards books and living expenses? Thank you in advance!


Not sure on the timeline-- it's our first year doing this. Everyone will be notified. It's in the form of a stipend, so yes you could use it for books.

SEOLawRecruiter
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby SEOLawRecruiter » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:37 am

lula43 wrote:
SEOLawRecruiter wrote:
uhwrestler wrote:sorry if this has already been discussed. But I saw in the other thread that our resumes have to be one page long.

is it true that our resumes can't be longer than 1 page?


Yes one page only.


If we have already submitted, how can we go about fixing this?


Log into your profile, and upload and new documents.

User avatar
hammy393
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby hammy393 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Around when will those accepted to SEO be notified? Thanks!

AJ1010
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby AJ1010 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:24 pm

what is the process to switch location preferences?

User avatar
brinicolec
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby brinicolec » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:24 pm

AJ1010 wrote:what is the process to switch location preferences?


+1

I've switched it on the application itself, but would it be a good idea to also shoot an email explaining the location preference?

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Decision Day is April 28th for those asking. If you can confirm this, SEO Recruiter, please let us know!




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest