SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
SEOLawRecruiter
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby SEOLawRecruiter » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:27 am

brinicolec wrote:
AJ1010 wrote:what is the process to switch location preferences?


+1

I've switched it on the application itself, but would it be a good idea to also shoot an email explaining the location preference?


Just change it in your file, no need to do anything else.

SEOLawRecruiter
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby SEOLawRecruiter » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:29 am

mm2368 wrote:Decision Day is April 28th for those asking. If you can confirm this, SEO Recruiter, please let us know!


We don't have a decision day. It's case-by-case. Most people hear in late April as that is when the bulk of applicants decide where they're going to law school, but we start discussing and making decisions on applicants as soon as we have enough applicants to discuss.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:41 am

SEOLawRecruiter wrote:
mm2368 wrote:Decision Day is April 28th for those asking. If you can confirm this, SEO Recruiter, please let us know!


We don't have a decision day. It's case-by-case. Most people hear in late April as that is when the bulk of applicants decide where they're going to law school, but we start discussing and making decisions on applicants as soon as we have enough applicants to discuss.


Thank you for correcting me on this and for giving us some insight as to the process for you guys. We appreciate it!

canigraduatealready?
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby canigraduatealready? » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:46 pm

If we haven't been contacted for an interview (and submitted Feb. 4th), does that mean it is unlikely we will be considered?

SEOLawRecruiter
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby SEOLawRecruiter » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:58 am

canigraduatealready? wrote:If we haven't been contacted for an interview (and submitted Feb. 4th), does that mean it is unlikely we will be considered?


No. Process is very individualized and other people's timing means nothing. I would recommend you log into your file and make sure everything is complete. You need to fill out the form that asks where you've applied to law school-- keep that updated. You need an LSAT score. You need your one page resume, personal statement, and undergraduate transcript. Incomplete files are not considered so make sure yours is completed.

Everyone does get notified, either way, so until you hear otherwise, you're under consideration.

canigraduatealready?
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby canigraduatealready? » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:44 pm

Thank you! Will be anxiously checking my application now haha!

SEOLawRecruiter wrote:
canigraduatealready? wrote:If we haven't been contacted for an interview (and submitted Feb. 4th), does that mean it is unlikely we will be considered?


No. Process is very individualized and other people's timing means nothing. I would recommend you log into your file and make sure everything is complete. You need to fill out the form that asks where you've applied to law school-- keep that updated. You need an LSAT score. You need your one page resume, personal statement, and undergraduate transcript. Incomplete files are not considered so make sure yours is completed.

Everyone does get notified, either way, so until you hear otherwise, you're under consideration.

2000andBeyond
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby 2000andBeyond » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi! I submitted my application in October and followed up a few months later. I was told that everything had been received and that my application was under review. I then let SEO know around February that I had been accepted to the school I would most likely be attending (Northwestern) and that I was more excited than ever to hear back from them. I was told that they forgot to transfer some of the applications into their new system and that I should refill out my app. It's been two weeks now, and I still haven't heard back anything.

Is this a typical time frame? Thanks so much!

User avatar
dietcoke1
Posts: 1305
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby dietcoke1 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:48 pm

by what date do you anticipate all decisions will be made?

User avatar
brinicolec
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby brinicolec » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:14 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:by what date do you anticipate all decisions will be made?


When I did my first interview, she basically said firms want to know by the beginning of May, so I'd imagine they have all decisions made by the beginning of May.

SEOLawRecruiter
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby SEOLawRecruiter » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:40 am

dietcoke1 wrote:by what date do you anticipate all decisions will be made?


We anticipate all decisions to be made by early next week.

User avatar
dietcoke1
Posts: 1305
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby dietcoke1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:56 pm

SEOLawRecruiter wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:by what date do you anticipate all decisions will be made?


We anticipate all decisions to be made by early next week.



thank you!

heylookitsthatguy
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:28 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby heylookitsthatguy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:31 am

Late to the party, but does anybody know if SEO calculates GPA the way LSAC calculates GPA, or is it depending on your regular undergraduate GPA?

HarvardHopeful95
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby HarvardHopeful95 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:02 am

Thank you for answering questions! I just have one, is there any info on when the scholarship winner will be notified?

User avatar
call-me-bubbles
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby call-me-bubbles » Wed May 03, 2017 6:49 am

How are firm placements decided? Are candidates ranked according to their GPA/LSAT and placed by SEO that way (ex. higher numbers --> more "elite" partner firm), or do the firms themselves choose which candidate(s) they'd like, or some combination of the two? Do candidates' preferences play a role, or not really, since most of the firms have many of the same practice areas?

latinxlawschool2020
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 am

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby latinxlawschool2020 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Hello, are decisions done for the summer or can I still hope that I will get a call? When will rejection emails be sent out?

beantheshadow
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby beantheshadow » Wed May 03, 2017 5:13 pm

latinxlawschool2020 wrote:Hello, are decisions done for the summer or can I still hope that I will get a call? When will rejection emails be sent out?



+1

Yellow13
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 6:43 pm

Re: SEO Law Recruiter: Answering Questions

Postby Yellow13 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi. When will those who have not heard anything as of yet hear back from SEO?




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest