Need Insight AA female Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Plumkid93

New

Need Insight AA female

Post by Plumkid93 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:13 pm

I am an AA female with a 3.3 gpa . I really want to go to Harvard law school but my gpa is not competitive which makes me worried. I heard that softs do no matter. It's all about the numbers. If I was to make a high lsat score would I have a chance at Harvard Law school?? The only reason for low GPA is bad grades for first two years. I earned nothing but 4.0 after that.
Last edited by Plumkid93 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TAD

Bronze

Re: Need Insight AS female

Post by TAD » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:41 pm

Plumkid93 wrote:I am an AA female with a 3.3 gpa . I really want to go to Harvard law school but my gpa is not competitive which makes me worried. I heard that softs do no matter. It's all about the numbers. If I was to make a high lsat score would I have a chance at Harvard Law school?? The only reason for low GPA is bad grades for first two years. I earned nothing but 4.0 after that.
I don't have any insight as a female, but it seems like you need at least 173 and you still got a shot. But be weary, its a very limited sample size, which is why i selected as far back as 2006 on the link below.

http://mylsn.info/6xrrqa/#

Plumkid93

New

Re: Need Insight AS female

Post by Plumkid93 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:53 pm

TAD wrote: I don't have any insight as a female, but it seems like you need at least 173 and you still got a shot. But be weary, its a very limited sample size, which is why i selected as far back as 2006 on the link below.

http://mylsn.info/6xrrqa/#
Thanks! I'm going to rock the LSAT and try.

USayinBoalt

Gold

Re: Need Insight AA female

Post by USayinBoalt » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:03 pm

In addition to killing the LSAT, make sure your PS and DS are virtually flawless

beantheshadow

Bronze

Post by beantheshadow » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:55 pm

USayinBoalt wrote:In addition to killing the LSAT, make sure your PS and DS are virtually flawless
Do you think its necessary to have both? I'm hoping my PS captures what I want to say about my diversity!

USayinBoalt

Gold

Post by USayinBoalt » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:23 pm

beantheshadow wrote:
USayinBoalt wrote:In addition to killing the LSAT, make sure your PS and DS are virtually flawless
Do you think its necessary to have both? I'm hoping my PS captures what I want to say about my diversity!
If it's gonna be redundant then I would say it's okay to not do one. A PS can absolutely serve the same function as both a PS and DS. For me, my PS is gonna be about a specific event in my life while my DS is gonna be about my background/growing up; it differs from person to person

beantheshadow

Bronze

Post by beantheshadow » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:50 pm

USayinBoalt wrote:
beantheshadow wrote:
If it's gonna be redundant then I would say it's okay to not do one. A PS can absolutely serve the same function as both a PS and DS. For me, my PS is gonna be about a specific event in my life while my DS is gonna be about my background/growing up; it differs from person to person

Makes sense. Good luck with your apps? Are you sending any of them in soon?

USayinBoalt

Gold

Post by USayinBoalt » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:32 pm

beantheshadow wrote:
USayinBoalt wrote:
beantheshadow wrote:

I'm actually not applying until next cycle, but I want to get most things done ahead of time. Good luck with your apps!

beantheshadow

Bronze

Post by beantheshadow » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:08 pm

USayinBoalt wrote:
beantheshadow wrote:
USayinBoalt wrote:
beantheshadow wrote:

I'm actually not applying until next cycle, but I want to get most things done ahead of time. Good luck with your apps!
Thanks! Nice, are you taking the LSAT soon? One piece of advice I'd say is give yourself more time than you think for your PS. I've been working on it for 2 and a half months now, and I am barely starting to like what I've written. Lol

USayinBoalt

Gold

Post by USayinBoalt » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:13 pm

beantheshadow wrote:
USayinBoalt wrote:
beantheshadow wrote:
USayinBoalt wrote:
beantheshadow wrote:

Thanks! Nice, are you taking the LSAT soon? One piece of advice I'd say is give yourself more time than you think for your PS. I've been working on it for 2 and a half months now, and I am barely starting to like what I've written. Lol
I'm planning on taking it in February or June; I've been studying for a couple of months already though. I've definitely started to brainstorm what I'm going to write about

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”