How much does URM status affect LS admissions chances? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
olikatz

Bronze

How much does URM status affect LS admissions chances?

Post by olikatz » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:07 pm

I know I am not the first to ask this, but I was wondering how much it raises my chances. I am a URM with a 3.3 GPA no LSAT score yet, but assuming I can reach my goal of 165, how much can URM status help? Is there a general percentage boost in chance? I live in Southern California and I'd like to think there are more URMs attending law school in this area so would it not help in a situation in which I'm applying to a school with many more URMs than the average school?

USayinBoalt

Gold

Re: How much does URM status affect LS admissions chances?

Post by USayinBoalt » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:17 pm

You would actually be surprised at how few URMs (especially AA's) are currently attending some of the top schools in California. You could see a pretty thorough breakdown here http://www.nalplawschoolsonline.org/

Just input the school and click on the demographics tab

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”