Please help!!! Should I write an addendum?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
T6hopeful15

Please help!!! Should I write an addendum?

Postby T6hopeful15 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:19 pm

Is there a GPA over which writing an addendum seems weird to law schools? For example, I have a 3.5 but had an illness that did actually cause me to constantly become sick, hospitalized and have debilitating chronic pain during college. However, some people have told me it's still strange to write an addendum with a 3.5 because it's a decent GPA. What do you all think?
Last edited by T6hopeful15 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

brinicolec

Re: Should you always write an addendum?

Postby brinicolec » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:56 pm

T6hopeful15 wrote:Is there a GPA over which writing an addendum seems weird to law schools? For example, I have a 3.5 but had an illness that did actually cause me to constantly become sick, hospitalized and have debilitating chronic pain during college. However, some people have told me it's still strange to write an addendum with a 3.5 because it's a decent GPA. What do you all think?

Did you have a drop in grades during that time? If you had an illness but it didn't really impact your academic performance, then no, I don't think so. But if you can say that having that illness led to a drop in grades because you couldn't devote as much time to your studies/had to miss class/whatever, then I'd say yes. But that's just my opinion. Get others too! Lol

T6hopeful15

Re: Should I write an addendum? (Please help!)

Postby T6hopeful15 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:30 pm

Thank you! Does any one else have any advice?

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”