3.7/167 AA female. T-14 chances Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

3.7/167 AA female. T-14 chances

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:48 pm

Alright now that I !finally! have my LSAT score(!!!) and the anxiousness from waiting is relieved, I would love it if the amazing people on this forum could chance me at the T-14 (specifically Harvard, Columbia, and NYU)

Stats:

167 LSAT
3.7 GPA
AA Female URM

It is much appreciated

T14orTradeSchool

New

Re: 3.7/167 AA female. T-14 chances

Post by T14orTradeSchool » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:13 pm

You'll 1. Probably only need to apply to the T-14 (get those fee waivers too). 2. Do great. I'd put money on Harvard. Columbia and NYU, too. With that, though, apply broadly in the T-14. To as many as you can. Law school admissions is weird. I'll be attending a school in the T6, but looking back, if I left some schools out, my cycle would've been pretty rough to say the least.

Nachoo2019

Silver

Re: 3.7/167 AA female. T-14 chances

Post by Nachoo2019 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:08 pm

I had to use a wider range than I would normally like to, but there just aren't big sample sizes from smaller GPA/LSAT ranges.

Like the poster above said, you have a great shot at Harvard, but apply to EVERY T-14 for backup and negotiating purposes!

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”