Chances at T-14

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
MyNameIsntJames

Re: Chances at T-14

Postby MyNameIsntJames » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:05 am

TheDapperDruid wrote:[quote/]10+ drops are pretty substantial. That's not a knock to you. I consider you every bit as smart as someone who can accomplish a 170+ or even a 180 on the LSAT. You have nothing to prove to me and I will take whatever you say about yourself at face value because I know nothing about you to suggest otherwise. If you were scoring a 175+ and happened to walk away with a 160-170 then I would consider it an unfortunate aberration and honestly advise you to take it again because you clearly have the talent and intelligence to crack well over 170. So there's no personal animosity here, okay?

"Actually if you look at it, 10 point + drops on test day are not the exception. The general norm is that you will do 5 points lower than your practice test average. Get a hard lsat with a weird logic game, and boom thats -10 right there. So it is rather normal actually."

Its not the exception, but not the norm. EVERYone works differently bro. Some people happen to score a couple points higher, MOST score lower but not substantially lower. 10 points is fairly substantial, but not impossible. Relax. You don't need to defend yourself to me.

" Honestly, I hope you keep reading these forums and realize you aren't the special butterfly you think you are and work your ass off for that LSAT."

Honestly, I hope that you release whatever anger you're holding and relax. Your personal assault on me doesn't mean sh*t either. Maybe you're angry that you couldn't hit a 170+ and you're determined to tell everyone else they won't either. That's unfortunate. No, I'm not going to religiously follow the data points because the data points don't reflect EVERY URM applicant and that's been stated in the sticky on this very forum. There's limited info. Its not me believing I have some superior knowledge here, but there is not enough data on URM, especially AA males, to make a definitive determination. I support my family, look after my siblings for my sick parent and study for the LSAT everyday. Don't try to come at me about working my ass off. You DON'T know me. Fall back a little bit.

Frankly, I feel that most people aren't reacting too well to your responses because they provided you with an objective answer to your relatively straightforward question of what your HLS chances are, and you proceeded to essentially wave off their opinion and say that you're an exception to the statistics.

As much as we would all like to think we are special, the fact remains that the path of others in similar situations is most likely to predict our fates in the cycle. Admissions is very much a numbers game, and the prediction of one's outcome is inherently going to reflect that.

Although there may be few data points, I'd say that there are enough to provide a general idea of what your prospects look like. The unfortunate truth is that your GPA very much hurts your chances, and no matter what LSAT score you get, it is not likely to give you great chances of acceptance at any T-14.

But as you said, there is literally only one way to find out; go take that LSAT, apply early, and let us know what happens. Best of luck on your retake!

Edit: I just looked at the data points on myLSN, and the highest LSAT was a 168 coupled with a 3.1 GPA. All others were below that in LSAT score. If your myLSN search is not only AA specific, then it shows that your odds within the T-14 are at or below 25% with any LSAT score.[/quote]

"Frankly, I feel that most people aren't reacting too well to your responses because they provided you with an objective answer to your relatively straightforward question of what your HLS chances are, and you proceeded to essentially wave off their opinion and say that you're an exception to the statistics."

Where? Could you point this out for me where I 'waived' something off? Or will you all continue to create your own narratives to justify your bitter and disrespectful attitudes? I believe that I have a solid shot at T-14 schools with a high enough LSAT. I could give a damn what the chart says. The chart doesn't cover all applicants and certainly doesn't cover those in MY position.

"As much as we would all like to think we are special, the fact remains that the path of others in similar situations is most likely to predict our fates in the cycle. Admissions is very much a numbers game, and the prediction of one's outcome is inherently going to reflect that."

Another case of someone who clearly didn't live up to their own expectations bitterly thrusting their own disappointments in the face of others and telling them "I thought I was going to be great and I failed, so you will too." You didn't work hard enough, study hard enough or weren't smart enough. I am. Period. It isn't about thinking I'm special, I'm capable of doing what I say I'm going to do and I will do it. Its a shame you have such a low self-esteem, prevailing insecurity and festering sense of insignificance that disables you from feeling you're capable of any level of greatness. It's an exam that can be prepared for. This isn't rocket science. Its logic. Period. It isn't about being 'special'. Its about sitting your ass down and studying for an exam. Period.

"Although there may be few data points, I'd say that there are enough to provide a general idea of what your prospects look like. The unfortunate truth is that your GPA very much hurts your chances, and no matter what LSAT score you get, it is not likely to give you great chances of acceptance at any T-14."

And that's false. I talked to another individual up here with a 3.18 and a 161 LSAT that got into Northwestern with $110k. The fact of the matter is, being a URM would level out my GPA in conjunction with a high LSAT. LSAT is 67% of admission's considerations and I have an upward trend. A good addendum, personal statement, diversity statement plus LOR and that'll be easily compensated for. LSAT>GPA. Every. Day. Of. The. Week. You probably aren't in a T-14 school or in any law school honestly. Sorry.

"I just looked at the data points on myLSN, and the highest LSAT was a 168 coupled with a 3.1 GPA. All others were below that in LSAT score. If your myLSN search is not only AA specific, then it shows that your odds within the T-14 are at or below 25% with any LSAT score."

So truthfully, we have no idea what the hell would happen if someone had a 175 and a 3.1. Correct? Yes. So you truly have no ACTUAL data or justification to suggest that what I'm saying is wrong unless you can point out someone with comparable numbers that consistently received a no. Oh wait, you can't? So....Thanks.

"If your myLSN search is not only AA specific..."

But I am an AA. I'm an AA male, so I really don't care what the chances are for people who aren't. Why should I? It isn't relevant for me. If it didn't matter there wouldn't be an entire URM forum on these boards.

So whose up next to try to tell me I'm wrong, get angry at me for being ambitious or project their own failures onto me? I really don't care. We're all going to law school here, so friendly banter and argument shouldn't be a problem with anyone. I tried to be nice and now I'm completely done with that. If we want to be combative then by all means.

I will be sure to PM EVERYone in this thread and let them know my LSAT score. And when I do get a 175... not if, when I DO get a 175, you can take a step back, calm down and accept you were dead wrong. I'll still accept any apologies issued to me. Its never too late! Thank you.

HYPSM

Postby HYPSM » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:11 am

You're the dumbass who came into the exam scoring a full 10 points lower than your PT. Either you're retarded or you were so anxious you nearly sh*t your pants on test day. In either case, you would never handle the pressure of working in a law firm or even succeeding at a T3 law school. Don't be angry at me because you don't have the mental capabilities to convert your studies into tangible results.

"I was PTing AT A 176 AND GOT A 160! THAT'S NORMAL!" No, you're a dumb ass and you can't even handle a modicum of pressure. Its a standardized exam that you can study for. If you know how to do the problems then you know how to do them. There's no tricky science to this. Only someone like you can fumble the ball, ruin your own prospects and then bitterly lurk the forums of prospective law school students hoping to redeem their own failures by imposing this on other students.

Your so pathetic, desperate and insecure that I feel sorry for you. You should be focusing on passing law school instead of dwelling on your past failures. I'm sincerely sorry you don't have the intellectual capacity to succeed in life and actually show up and perform. Must suck to know you CHOKE on big exams lmfao. Oh well. When I get my 175, I'll happily PM you and make sure to throw a screenshot of the score in there too. I'll post all the law schools I get into as well. Most likely will be a slew of schools that told you 'no' outright. Don't worry, you can live vicariously through me lmfaoooo.

I think you've got me confused for another poster. I'm not the one who scored 10 points below my PT average (that's some other guy).

I already scored 170+ on the LSAT + HYP with a near perfect GPA.

Look over the thread and look carefully at the usernames. You can read, right? I thought you were intelligent, bro! Why are you getting confused?

Oh yeah, you're a URM with a 3.0 GPA and 161 LSAT. (Yes, I'm so angry and insecure about the likes of you!)

Hahahahahahahahaha

You're so pathetic and insecure. Thanks for the laughs, bro!!! Are you shaking with rage?

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:20 am

If you're just going to tell people who give you advice that you don't like that they're projecting their insecurities onto you and can't handle working at a law firm or going to a T3 firm when you haven't done either of those things I'm not sure why you started this thread, but come back when you have an LSAT and don't have a compulsion to insult everyone you disagree with.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”