0

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
uhwrestler
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:44 pm

0

Postby uhwrestler » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:39 pm

0
Last edited by uhwrestler on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fliptrip
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: ideal lsat score for a 3.7 gpa urm aa male?

Postby fliptrip » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:30 pm

That's still generally right. I think you're much safer at H if you can get into the 167+ range, but yes 160 should still be good to get you in somewhere, and 163/164 should start getting you some really good money.

Of course, do your very best on the test though...shoot for 180 and let your score dictate whether or not you need to retake.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7754
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: ideal lsat score for a 3.7 gpa urm aa male?

Postby Mikey » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:14 pm

160-165 can get you in some places, but it's always best to just do the best that you can because you can get some nice $$$.

User avatar
PrezRand
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: ideal lsat score for a 3.7 gpa urm aa male?

Postby PrezRand » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:28 pm

Ideally-180


Realistically-165+

I feel like that is what everyone should aim for

yaliehopeful
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:38 am

Re: ideal lsat score for a 3.7 gpa urm aa male?

Postby yaliehopeful » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:56 pm

uhwrestler wrote: i think i can realistically score between 160-163 but 165 might be a bit of a reach for me.


You never know until you try bro, you may surprise yourself. My cold diagnostic score was in the low 150s and I ended up with a 174. You may have already heard this from others but I'll say it just in case you haven't; you should forget about the boost while you're studying. Thinking about the boost can foster complacency and you may underperform as a result, I'm dead serious. Work your ass off as if you weren't going to receive it and aim for a 180. It's okay if you don't score in the 99th percentile, just as long as you try to do the best you can to reach your potential. Don't half-ass it, or aim for a score you may be more than capable of outperforming just because you'll receive the boost.

Edit: Just went through your post history, and saw that you've already taken the LSAT. Based on the content of your post I presume you have a sub-160 LSAT, even if that's the case, you're capable of improving, hit the books and study up and boost the score up.

User avatar
gamerish
Posts: 3127
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Re: ideal lsat score for a 3.7 gpa urm aa male?

Postby gamerish » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:04 pm

yaliehopeful wrote:
uhwrestler wrote: i think i can realistically score between 160-163 but 165 might be a bit of a reach for me.


You never know until you try bro, you may surprise yourself. My cold diagnostic score was in the low 150s and I ended up with a 174. You may have already heard this from others but I'll say it just in case you haven't; you should forget about the boost while you're studying. Thinking about the boost can foster complacency and you may underperform as a result, I'm dead serious. Work your ass off as if you weren't going to receive it and aim for a 180. It's okay if you don't score in the 99th percentile, just as long as you try to do the best you can to reach your potential. Don't half-ass it, or aim for a score you may be more than capable of outperforming just because you'll receive the boost.

Edit: Just went through your post history, and saw that you've already taken the LSAT. Based on the content of your post I presume you have a sub-160 LSAT, even if that's the case, you're capable of improving, hit the books and study up and boost the score up.

I second all of this, including a similar bump from diagnostic to actual score after studying like a fiend for 6 months.

jrass
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:28 pm

Re: ideal lsat score for a 3.7 gpa urm aa male?

Postby jrass » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:12 pm

180. ideal bowling score for a black male: 300. ideal blackjack score for a black male: 21. ideal age to have a sweet 16 for a black male: 16.

User avatar
jnwa
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:35 am

Re: ideal lsat score for a 3.7 gpa urm aa male?

Postby jnwa » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:13 pm

gamerish wrote:
yaliehopeful wrote:
uhwrestler wrote: i think i can realistically score between 160-163 but 165 might be a bit of a reach for me.


You never know until you try bro, you may surprise yourself. My cold diagnostic score was in the low 150s and I ended up with a 174. You may have already heard this from others but I'll say it just in case you haven't; you should forget about the boost while you're studying. Thinking about the boost can foster complacency and you may underperform as a result, I'm dead serious. Work your ass off as if you weren't going to receive it and aim for a 180. It's okay if you don't score in the 99th percentile, just as long as you try to do the best you can to reach your potential. Don't half-ass it, or aim for a score you may be more than capable of outperforming just because you'll receive the boost.

Edit: Just went through your post history, and saw that you've already taken the LSAT. Based on the content of your post I presume you have a sub-160 LSAT, even if that's the case, you're capable of improving, hit the books and study up and boost the score up.

I second all of this, including a similar bump from diagnostic to actual score after studying like a fiend for 6 months.


Thirded 150- 173 studying after work from May- September

User avatar
jnwa
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:35 am

Re: ideal lsat score for a 3.7 gpa urm aa male?

Postby jnwa » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:14 pm

jrass wrote:180. ideal bowling score for a black male: 300. ideal blackjack score for a black male: 21. ideal age to have a sweet 16 for a black male: 16 .


18* black dont crack

User avatar
asdfdfdfadfas
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Re: ideal lsat score for a 3.7 gpa urm aa male?

Postby asdfdfdfadfas » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:33 pm

jrass wrote:180. ideal bowling score for a black male: 300. ideal blackjack score for a black male: 21. ideal age to have a sweet 16 for a black male: 16.


+180

User avatar
Barack O'Drama
Posts: 2782
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: ideal lsat score for a 3.7 gpa urm aa male?

Postby Barack O'Drama » Wed May 18, 2016 12:13 am

As others have said: 180 would be "ideal"

Common wisdom on here is that with all your ducks in an order a 160 will break you into the T-14. A 166+ should net you Harvard. Of course, study for the LSAT as if that boost doesn't exist. I am ignoring it and studying like I have for every other test in my life. Aiming for a 100%




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests