2016 SEO Applicants

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
GreekOmega12
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby GreekOmega12 » Tue May 03, 2016 12:21 pm

Well it was fun while it lasted, time to prepare for 1L

User avatar
gamerish
Posts: 3127
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby gamerish » Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

wunderwoman wrote:Sorry to everyone who was dinged today :(. For those of you who were admitted, I received my firm placement earlier today.

Do you mind saying what city you're interning in?

Uncivil Procedure
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:03 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby Uncivil Procedure » Tue May 03, 2016 12:36 pm

AspiringAspirant wrote:
lawscoolman wrote:
gobears92 wrote:For the guys out there, has anyone read the policy that they don't want us to have facial hair? I have a beard, and I'm reluctant to cutting it off, but obviously I'm not going to give up this opportunity to keep it!

Any insight?


I didn't see anything about this...sent in a headshot with a pretty healthy beard too. Did you find anything out yet?


They have a strict policy against facial hair. It's pretty much non-negotiable.


Lol yes, you will likely be pulled aside and given a stern talking to if you show up to an SEO event and are not clean shaven. But such is life.

jalahue
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:29 am

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby jalahue » Tue May 03, 2016 12:37 pm

DC firm placement received today!

User avatar
wunderwoman
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby wunderwoman » Tue May 03, 2016 12:55 pm

gamerish wrote:
wunderwoman wrote:Sorry to everyone who was dinged today :(. For those of you who were admitted, I received my firm placement earlier today.

Do you mind saying what city you're interning in?


DC

Budfox55
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby Budfox55 » Tue May 03, 2016 12:58 pm

cdotson2 wrote:
gamerish wrote:
cdotson2 wrote:Dinged

Wtf

You're going to HLS right?

Haha yeah, idk what happened, but oh well. I have a few other leads for the summer. I might just relax before the stress of 1l.


Are you K-JD? If you are and if I were you, I would either do absolutely nothing and chill this summer or travel if you can afford it....or both.

User avatar
chaipancakes
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:02 am

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby chaipancakes » Tue May 03, 2016 1:42 pm

So no one placed in NYC has heard back, right?

lawsk3wl
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:44 am

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby lawsk3wl » Tue May 03, 2016 1:55 pm

.
Last edited by lawsk3wl on Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cc1012
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:20 am

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby cc1012 » Tue May 03, 2016 1:58 pm

Also in DC and received firm placement today.

User avatar
gramps
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:25 am

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby gramps » Tue May 03, 2016 3:21 pm

lawsk3wl wrote:
chaipancakes wrote:So no one placed in NYC has heard back, right?


I haven't. I'm a NYC placement.

+1

User avatar
invgr8
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:52 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby invgr8 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Has anyone else been placed in Dallas? Im still waiting on a firm placement after submitting the resume and headshot.

Nlawsing
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:53 am

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby Nlawsing » Tue May 03, 2016 4:48 pm

Hey has anyone heard about firm placement in NYC also did you guys get any response after submitting your headshot and resume

holaadios
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby holaadios » Tue May 03, 2016 4:53 pm

Nlawsing wrote:Hey has anyone heard about firm placement in NYC also did you guys get any response after submitting your headshot and resume


I just got a response about 30 minutes ago. They wanted the Word version of my resume, because I apparently can't follow instructions. Looks like they're just now collecting our stuff?

User avatar
invgr8
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:52 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby invgr8 » Tue May 03, 2016 5:16 pm

holaadios wrote:
Nlawsing wrote:Hey has anyone heard about firm placement in NYC also did you guys get any response after submitting your headshot and resume


I just got a response about 30 minutes ago. They wanted the Word version of my resume, because I apparently can't follow instructions. Looks like they're just now collecting our stuff?


Received same email, I sent a .pdf instead of a word. They just replied that they received my resume in Word format.

Lthelion
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby Lthelion » Tue May 03, 2016 6:00 pm

GreekOmega12 wrote:Well it was fun while it lasted, time to prepare for 1L



Does anyone know exact date/time/location for training in NYC? I'm struggling to find in on the interns section of the site and I'd like to book my flight.

Also, those of you who received placements - did they give you your salary info as well?

Bleeeh
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:56 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby Bleeeh » Tue May 03, 2016 6:09 pm

Nlawsing wrote:Hey has anyone heard about firm placement in NYC also did you guys get any response after submitting your headshot and resume


I haven't heard anything since submitting my resume. I'm hoping that they would have said something if they hadn't received it

User avatar
gamerish
Posts: 3127
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby gamerish » Tue May 03, 2016 6:11 pm

Did the firm placements come via email or phone? And has anyone who was placed talked to someone from their firm yet? Thanks.

jalahue
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:29 am

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby jalahue » Tue May 03, 2016 6:17 pm

My placement came via email. No salary information or outreach from the firm yet.

User avatar
cc1012
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:20 am

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby cc1012 » Tue May 03, 2016 6:17 pm

jalahue wrote:My placement came via email. No salary information or outreach from the firm yet.


+1

User avatar
Mrocky2
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby Mrocky2 » Tue May 03, 2016 6:28 pm

cc1012 wrote:
jalahue wrote:My placement came via email. No salary information or outreach from the firm yet.


+1


+2

Mbear5
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby Mbear5 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Mrocky2 wrote:
cc1012 wrote:
jalahue wrote:My placement came via email. No salary information or outreach from the firm yet.


+1


+2

Are you all NYC?

User avatar
cc1012
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:20 am

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby cc1012 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:42 pm

Mbear5 wrote:
Mrocky2 wrote:
cc1012 wrote:
jalahue wrote:My placement came via email. No salary information or outreach from the firm yet.


+1


+2

Are you all NYC?

No, DC

gobears92
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby gobears92 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Got my law firm placement today around noon


I was accepted into DC a week ago

User avatar
Jessicakes90
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby Jessicakes90 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:59 am

For those of you placed in DC - congrats! I'm an SEO 2015 alum and will be at a firm in DC this summer. Would love to connect and get to know y'all! Feel free to PM me with any questions, concerns, etc.

Mbear5
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: 2016 SEO Applicants

Postby Mbear5 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:03 am

gramps wrote:
lawsk3wl wrote:
chaipancakes wrote:So no one placed in NYC has heard back, right?


I haven't. I'm a NYC placement.

+1


+2




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests