Test June for early app submission, or delay? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
BrownieD

New

Test June for early app submission, or delay?

Post by BrownieD » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:56 am

Hello all, I'd posted this in the Prep forum and was advised to ask here as well :-)

Which would you choose?
I want the best score possible, but also a super early application to be considered in the earliest pool. Don't think I've reached my peak to justify June...but I don't like the idea of October either :-\
I'm a URM, Ivy League grad, but average GPA--3.25.
Top PT has been 170, but I've been slipping because of work/less time to study lately. Range is 166-170. Aiming for 172-180.
I've been studying since March of 2014.

Your constructive input will be appreciated!

PoopNpants

Silver

Re: Test June for early app submission, or delay?

Post by PoopNpants » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Easy, do both

Only highest score counts really

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Register and work harder for June, there's still time. If you really don't feel ready withdraw before the test, if you feel ready take it and possibly Oct retake if you don't kill it. The important part is you still have time between now and June to improve

BrownieD

New

Post by BrownieD » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:53 am

Thanks for your thoughts! I've had the chance to review and I'll take another PT today. How I do will help me decide whether to press on for June...

DiniMae

Silver

Post by DiniMae » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:36 pm

Def take it in June if you can afford teo tests. You will feel much more relieved to have at least one score on file. And if you don't like it you have all summer to brush up on where you feel you could do better.

BrownieD

New

Post by BrownieD » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Interesting, I wasn't worried about having a score on file... and may be now I am o_0. I mean, preferably, I wouldn't bomb any test. I was hoping to just take it once at my peak...

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:26 pm

You can apply day 1, with your June score, and then let them know you're retaking in October if you are unsatisfied with your score.

BrownieD

New

Post by BrownieD » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:18 am

KMart wrote:You can apply day 1, with your June score, and then let them know you're retaking in October if you are unsatisfied with your score.
Thanks, that is a good point...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”