... Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Blueblades

New

Post by Blueblades » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:13 pm

Last edited by Blueblades on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Re: LSAT Class to improve RC

Post by ilikebaseball » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:36 pm

Blueblades wrote:Ok, here's the situation. AA Male, Practiced for the LSAT for about 2 and a half months--gotta 161. I did not take a class, practiced w/ power score books. I'm averaging a 16-18/ 27 on the RC (How horrible is that!!). Can I imprive my RC, or this just what I'm capable of?? My Logic games have now reached near perfect statud, and so has my analytical reasoning. So my RC is whats holding me back from a 165+--maybe even 170.
you're only missing 11 RC at the most and you arent getting 165? That doesnt sound right. Like, you're looking at 170-172 almost every test with -11. Even if you missed, say -11 RC, 4 LR, and 2 LG, you're still looking at above 165 in all likelihood.

Blueblades

New

Post by Blueblades » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:46 pm

Last edited by Blueblades on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:49 pm

Blueblades wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:
Blueblades wrote:Ok, here's the situation. AA Male, Practiced for the LSAT for about 2 and a half months--gotta 161. I did not take a class, practiced w/ power score books. I'm averaging a 16-18/ 27 on the RC (How horrible is that!!). Can I imprive my RC, or this just what I'm capable of?? My Logic games have now reached near perfect statud, and so has my analytical reasoning. So my RC is whats holding me back from a 165+--maybe even 170.
you're only missing 11 RC at the most and you arent getting 165? That doesnt sound right. Like, you're looking at 170-172 almost every test with -11. Even if you missed, say -11 RC, 4 LR, and 2 LG, you're still looking at above 165 in all likelihood.

No, by near perfect, I mean i missing about 3-4 on average for the logic games, and 6-7 on the analytical reasoning. So I guess near perfect is a misnomer
Well, the other sections are very learnable, and until you're getting 0 or 1, I wouldnt really say you were near perfect on anything. Most of the people here study LG until they're 0 every single time without question. So, you can get 3 easy points from LG alone. LG is extremely learnable, and I'm confident you can actually achieve perfection in this category.

For RC, the most common study tip will be to just keep doing sections over and over and over and over. Everyone notates differently in RC. Some people read the passage in 4 minutes, some in 2. Figure out what works for you, and do it every single day. Then, go over the ones you missed and see if you misinterpreted the passage or if you just confused the question.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:10 am

Logic games ARE analytical reasoning. You mean Logical Reasoning.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:12 am

Now comes my productive advice. The Reading Comp bible is terrible. Order the Manhattan LSAT Reading Comp Guide. Not just any guide, but that specific guide. It's short and sweet and the best book this instructor has seen on RC.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”