Black Male with 2.8 gpa ideal lsat score? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Delux2471

New

Black Male with 2.8 gpa ideal lsat score?

Post by Delux2471 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi guys

I'm a black male I graduated from the university of central Florida with a degree in criminal justice and a 2.8 due to some financial issues. What is an ideal lsat score for me to land a spot at a pretty good t2 or even t1 school possibly. Pleas include any input about scholarship money also.

Thanks Guys!

dowu

Platinum

Re: Black Male with 2.8 gpa ideal lsat score?

Post by dowu » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:57 pm

Delux2471 wrote:Hi guys

I'm a black male I graduated from the university of central Florida with a degree in criminal justice and a 2.8 due to some financial issues. What is an ideal lsat score for me to land a spot at a pretty good t2 or even t1 school possibly. Pleas include any input about scholarship money also.

Thanks Guys!
What schools in particular?

I'd say 165 + . Get to work homie.

Delux2471

New

Post by Delux2471 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:08 pm

No school in particular I'll go wherever the best value is, and thanks!

Skool

Silver

Post by Skool » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:18 pm

I think the answer is:

Do your best. Find the best materials you can to study for the LSAT and don't stop until you're sure you can't do better. Any answer anyone gives you won't matter until you have an actual LSAT score. If you must play fantasy LSAT in the mean time:

http://mylsn.info/

Run your current numbers and your fantasy numbers there and see where previous people with your numbers ended up.

AnonymousApplicant

New

Post by AnonymousApplicant » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:24 pm

Well, if you to have even a shot at HYS, you'll have to get around a 173 or so, which is the average for these schools, although possibly even higher. I'm sorry man, but your GPA is just too low.

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:51 pm

The ideal LSAT score is a 180.

Don't go to a T1 or T2. It sounds like you want to get into the best school you can get into and you can get into some very good ones if you crush this very learnable test. Take a class or do the powerscore books and take a bunch of practice tests. 2.8 AA male with an LSAT in the high 160s/low 170s can attend some reputable law schools.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:46 pm

So I'm sorta taking it that you dont care where you end up working, as long as you have a job? Because thats what your "I dont care what school" mindset sorta indicates...

But, imo, any URM should shoot for high 60's low 70s'. You'll be a splitter so you may not get as much $$ as other URM's but that score will certainly put you in a good position at many schools

Delux2471

New

Post by Delux2471 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Yes I don't really care where I work I don't have anything holding me back from moving I'm just looking for the best education for the best value. All these answers are great btw thanks so much guys

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”