Please Assess My Stats :) Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lareine

New

Please Assess My Stats :)

Post by lareine » Sat May 24, 2014 12:23 pm

The basics: I am an African- American female, 6 years out of undergrad. I finished at a top 5 school, with a 2.38 GPA in Economics. It was a very turbulent period in my life.

I am not TFA but I have been teaching for 4 years with a prominent charter school network, and this year I will have policy research experience with a highly regarded institution.

My LSAT score is 175.

I would like to stay in top 5 range of schools, but I realize the challenge with my GPA. Can you all tell me your thoughts?

Many thanks!

eriedoctrine

Bronze

Re: Please Assess My Stats :)

Post by eriedoctrine » Sat May 24, 2014 12:34 pm

lareine wrote:The basics: I am an African- American female, 6 years out of undergrad. I finished at a top 5 school, with a 2.38 GPA in Economics. It was a very turbulent period in my life.

I am not TFA but I have been teaching for 4 years with a prominent charter school network, and this year I will have policy research experience with a highly regarded institution.

My LSAT score is 175.

I would like to stay in top 5 range of schools, but I realize the challenge with my GPA. Can you all tell me your thoughts?

Many thanks!
Nice LSAT. Not much history for people like yourself.
You'll definitely get into a few T14s but it's a black box for HYS, CCN. Possible though.
Write a good addendum, blanket the T14, and gl!

mt2165

Silver

Post by mt2165 » Sat May 24, 2014 12:38 pm

lareine wrote:The basics: I am an African- American female, 6 years out of undergrad. I finished at a top 5 school, with a 2.38 GPA in Economics. It was a very turbulent period in my life.

My LSAT score is 175.

Many thanks!
Just kinda speaking off the top of my head you're gpa may be prohibitively low for a top-10's. But your lsat puts you in the top couple AA's in the country and maybe the highest scoring AA M in the country. I think you had a chance at NCG (idk about $) and a very good chance at money somewhere in the t-20. I've just never heard of such a splitter (even AA) that have gone t-6.

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Sat May 24, 2014 12:39 pm

As one of the "splitter-est" of super splitters, plus being AA and having work experience, you have essentially no data points around you. I suggest blanketing the T14 and some strong regionals and seeing what happens.

When you check out mylsn.info, keep in mind that the results for scores/grades close to yours are going to be influenced by yobabydaddy's "cycle", even though that's pretty obviously a fake account.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”