Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)

Sexiest Celeb

Matt Bomer
6
15%
Matt Bomer
6
15%
Guillermo Diaz
6
15%
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
0
No votes
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
0
No votes
Matt Bomer
0
No votes
Jake Gyllenhaal
3
8%
Jake Gyllenhaal
3
8%
Michael B Jordan
3
8%
Frank Ocean
3
8%
Frank Ocean
3
8%
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
3
8%
Chris Evans
1
3%
Chris Evans
1
3%
Chris Evans
1
3%
Jake Gyllenhaal
0
No votes
Jake Gyllenhaal
0
No votes
Jake Gyllenhaal
0
No votes
Frank Ocean
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 39

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:28 pm

You're welcome

Image

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby Attax » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:33 pm

I like gifs, but remember boys...

Image

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:35 pm

No.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby Attax » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Well okay then Image

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:17 pm

:(

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2014
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby UCLAHopeful2014 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:03 am

Why can't i post pics?!

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby chuckbass » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:44 am

UCLAHopeful2014 wrote:Why can't i post pics?!

You need 100 posts.

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2014
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby UCLAHopeful2014 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:46 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
UCLAHopeful2014 wrote:Why can't i post pics?!

You need 100 posts.


:O

Better get to work

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby Attax » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:19 pm

UCLAHopeful2014 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
UCLAHopeful2014 wrote:Why can't i post pics?!

You need 100 posts.


:O

Better get to work


That's where I got most of my posts from, too!

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:25 pm

UCLAHopeful2014 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
UCLAHopeful2014 wrote:Why can't i post pics?!

You need 100 posts.


:O

Better get to work


TLS class of 2017 ftw.

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2014
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby UCLAHopeful2014 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:57 pm

So I need help making a decision. :D
UVa offered me 25k/year, Cornell offered 20k/year and USC offered 50k/year. Where do I go? My interest is in social advocacy, and eventually I would like to move to California. BUT USC scares me because of the employment prospects. UVa makes me hesitant because of the lack of diversity. Cornell is in Ithaca. :P

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby chuckbass » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:01 pm

UCLAHopeful2014 wrote:So I need help making a decision. :D
UVa offered me 25k/year, Cornell offered 20k/year and USC offered 50k/year. Where do I go? My interest is in social advocacy, and eventually I would like to move to California. BUT USC scares me because of the employment prospects. UVa makes me hesitant because of the lack of diversity. Cornell is in Ithaca. :P

Personally I'd take USC out and focus on Cornell and UVA. Which school has the better LRAP? Are you ok with working in NYC? Are you really committed to social advocacy or do you think there's a chance you'll jump on the biglaw ship if it's available?

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2014
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby UCLAHopeful2014 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:20 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
UCLAHopeful2014 wrote:So I need help making a decision. :D
UVa offered me 25k/year, Cornell offered 20k/year and USC offered 50k/year. Where do I go? My interest is in social advocacy, and eventually I would like to move to California. BUT USC scares me because of the employment prospects. UVa makes me hesitant because of the lack of diversity. Cornell is in Ithaca. :P

Personally I'd take USC out and focus on Cornell and UVA. Which school has the better LRAP? Are you ok with working in NYC? Are you really committed to social advocacy or do you think there's a chance you'll jump on the biglaw ship if it's available?


Out of curiosity, why would you discard USC?
I love NYC, but it is so expensive to live there!!! Wouldn't mind it for a few years. I would probably hate myself if I jumped on the big law bandwagon.
Cornell's LRAP has a lower max income, I think because they do things a little differently it is about $45k. UVa's max income is $55k. Also, doesn't UVa have better prospects?

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:22 pm

If you want to move to California and have your first job there, then USC.

If you're content working somewhere and maybe perhaps ending up in California then that's different. I wouldn't worry so much about the place you're going to law school because 1) it's for 3 years and 2) you won't have tons of time.

That being said, which school would give you more opportunities for social advocacy? I think you may want to look at externships and clinics and compare because it doesn't seem like costs is that different.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby chuckbass » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:26 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:If you want to move to California and have your first job there, then USC.

If you're content working somewhere and maybe perhaps ending up in California then that's different. I wouldn't worry so much about the place you're going to law school because 1) it's for 3 years and 2) you won't have tons of time.

That being said, which school would give you more opportunities for social advocacy? I think you may want to look at externships and clinics and compare because it doesn't seem like costs is that different.

Yea, I said discard USC since it didn't sound like Cali was a very concrete goal, and personally I'd take the better job prospects at UVA/Cornell. And also I'd just go with UVA personally.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:30 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:If you want to move to California and have your first job there, then USC.

If you're content working somewhere and maybe perhaps ending up in California then that's different. I wouldn't worry so much about the place you're going to law school because 1) it's for 3 years and 2) you won't have tons of time.

That being said, which school would give you more opportunities for social advocacy? I think you may want to look at externships and clinics and compare because it doesn't seem like costs is that different.

Yea, I said discard USC since it didn't sound like Cali was a very concrete goal, and personally I'd take the better job prospects at UVA/Cornell. And also I'd just go with UVA personally.


And I would go with Cornell hah. It's a toughie.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby chuckbass » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:33 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:If you want to move to California and have your first job there, then USC.

If you're content working somewhere and maybe perhaps ending up in California then that's different. I wouldn't worry so much about the place you're going to law school because 1) it's for 3 years and 2) you won't have tons of time.

That being said, which school would give you more opportunities for social advocacy? I think you may want to look at externships and clinics and compare because it doesn't seem like costs is that different.

Yea, I said discard USC since it didn't sound like Cali was a very concrete goal, and personally I'd take the better job prospects at UVA/Cornell. And also I'd just go with UVA personally.


And I would go with Cornell hah. It's a toughie.

You would spend 15k more (plus probably more since I think Cornell is more expensive anyways) for Cornell, over UVA? For what reason?

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:36 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:If you want to move to California and have your first job there, then USC.

If you're content working somewhere and maybe perhaps ending up in California then that's different. I wouldn't worry so much about the place you're going to law school because 1) it's for 3 years and 2) you won't have tons of time.

That being said, which school would give you more opportunities for social advocacy? I think you may want to look at externships and clinics and compare because it doesn't seem like costs is that different.

Yea, I said discard USC since it didn't sound like Cali was a very concrete goal, and personally I'd take the better job prospects at UVA/Cornell. And also I'd just go with UVA personally.


And I would go with Cornell hah. It's a toughie.

You would spend 15k more (plus probably more since I think Cornell is more expensive anyways) for Cornell, over UVA? For what reason?


Prestige whore

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:43 pm

I should not joke around though because it is a serious decision. I personally like Cornell more and I think marginally you would have a better shot at ending up in California. I don't know what your financial situation is like, and I don't know how debt-averse you are, but I guess you just have to think about where you want to end up.

UVA is probably the more practical choice but, and I know most TLSers don't share this sentiment, you're only going to do this once. Personally I like Cornell more and I would probably selfishly pick it.

Edited to add: I like Ithaca more, I like Cornell more. I would rather pay the extra and be happier (especially if you plan on LRAP) but that is totally personal.

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2014
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby UCLAHopeful2014 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:15 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:I should not joke around though because it is a serious decision. I personally like Cornell more and I think marginally you would have a better shot at ending up in California. I don't know what your financial situation is like, and I don't know how debt-averse you are, but I guess you just have to think about where you want to end up.

UVA is probably the more practical choice but, and I know most TLSers don't share this sentiment, you're only going to do this once. Personally I like Cornell more and I would probably selfishly pick it.

Edited to add: I like Ithaca more, I like Cornell more. I would rather pay the extra and be happier (especially if you plan on LRAP) but that is totally personal.


Thanks for al the infoooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D I think Cornell would be nice but I do not like the idea of living in Ithaca for 3 years, especially with limited means of transportation. At least in CVille I can catch a train to DC easily and for a fair price. UVa's LRAP is better (I think). I have 0 $$$, so I worry about debt, but unless I get a full ride somewhere I am going to have mounds and mounds of debt for a few years.

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2014
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby UCLAHopeful2014 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:20 pm

Image

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:27 pm

Sounds like it's UVA for you!

Also congrats on 100 posts :)

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2014
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby UCLAHopeful2014 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:54 am

cricketlove00 wrote:Sounds like it's UVA for you!

Also congrats on 100 posts :)


Thanks! No longer a nooooob.

You made a final decision?

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby chuckbass » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:09 am

UCLAHopeful2014 wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:Sounds like it's UVA for you!

Also congrats on 100 posts :)


Thanks! No longer a nooooob.

You made a final decision?

He's going to ~Wake Forest~ duh.

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2014
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby UCLAHopeful2014 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:49 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
UCLAHopeful2014 wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:Sounds like it's UVA for you!

Also congrats on 100 posts :)


Thanks! No longer a nooooob.

You made a final decision?

He's going to ~Wake Forest~ duh.


Oh, didn't know he had decided on that! What about you?




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests