Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)

Sexiest Celeb

Matt Bomer
6
15%
Matt Bomer
6
15%
Guillermo Diaz
6
15%
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
0
No votes
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
0
No votes
Matt Bomer
0
No votes
Jake Gyllenhaal
3
8%
Jake Gyllenhaal
3
8%
Michael B Jordan
3
8%
Frank Ocean
3
8%
Frank Ocean
3
8%
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
3
8%
Chris Evans
1
3%
Chris Evans
1
3%
Chris Evans
1
3%
Jake Gyllenhaal
0
No votes
Jake Gyllenhaal
0
No votes
Jake Gyllenhaal
0
No votes
Frank Ocean
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 39

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby Attax » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:31 pm

UCLAHopeful2014 wrote:
Attax wrote:Congrats! Both are wonderful choices. I'm in the rough boat of if I do really well, do I try to transfer (trying not to hinking about it, but eh) or do I stay at Texas and enjoy being towards the top of the class? Oh well, I'll cross that bridge IF it happens haha.


THAT. Nothing you can do at this point, right? You got a higher LSAT score than I have. Did you apply to UVa or any of those other schools? Regardless, UT is a good school. I have a friend in the Soc program there. He loves it.


Exactly. I didn't apply to the T14 other than NU because I thought my perception of work experience was different from theirs :P It is, and as a UT UG I'm glad to be staying here. It is a really awesome public institution that I'm proud to be a double graduate of!

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2014
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby UCLAHopeful2014 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:35 pm

Not a double graduate yet. :P

My friend told me Austin is gay friendly, mostly, but as he is a POC and queer, he says "Don't leave Austin." lol

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby Attax » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:37 pm

UCLAHopeful2014 wrote:Not a double graduate yet. :P

My friend told me Austin is gay friendly, mostly, but as he is a POC and queer, he says "Don't leave Austin." lol


Haha true!

Yes it definitely is. The big cities here in general are really quite liberal, but you get too far out into the boonies/west texas/pine curtain and you are really in trouble.

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2014
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby UCLAHopeful2014 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Attax wrote:
UCLAHopeful2014 wrote:Not a double graduate yet. :P

My friend told me Austin is gay friendly, mostly, but as he is a POC and queer, he says "Don't leave Austin." lol


Haha true!

Yes it definitely is. The big cities here in general are really quite liberal, but you get too far out into the boonies/west texas/pine curtain and you are really in trouble.


I wonder what it will be like in Virginia. I guess I can just hop on a train to DC if I need to escape lol

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby chuckbass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Attax wrote:Congrats! Both are wonderful choices. I'm in the rough boat of if I do really well, do I try to transfer (trying not to hinking about it, but eh) or do I stay at Texas and enjoy being towards the top of the class? Oh well, I'll cross that bridge IF it happens haha.

Yea I think you're in a similar boat as me though, where there aren't many schools worth transferring to since you're already so high. If I got good enough grades, I'd only consider transferring to H (Y and S wouldn't happen) or maybe Berkeley, since I'd love SF biglaw.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby chuckbass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:51 pm

Also, aren't we all going to see each other in like a year or so at the Lavender Law Fair?

User avatar
UCLAHopeful2014
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby UCLAHopeful2014 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:58 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:Also, aren't we all going to see each other in like a year or so at the Lavender Law Fair?


We better! We will have to coordinate with pink shirts on Tuesdays and only sweatpants on Fridays. I want to live in Cali eventually, hopefully UVa will take me there. :shock:

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:12 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
Attax wrote:Congrats! Both are wonderful choices. I'm in the rough boat of if I do really well, do I try to transfer (trying not to hinking about it, but eh) or do I stay at Texas and enjoy being towards the top of the class? Oh well, I'll cross that bridge IF it happens haha.

Yea I think you're in a similar boat as me though, where there aren't many schools worth transferring to since you're already so high. If I got good enough grades, I'd only consider transferring to H (Y and S wouldn't happen) or maybe Berkeley, since I'd love SF biglaw.


I really don't like the idea of transferring on a personal level. What if I have to find a new apartment!?!?!

All jest aside, I'm not counting on it unless I end up magically doing amazingly well.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby chuckbass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:21 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
Attax wrote:Congrats! Both are wonderful choices. I'm in the rough boat of if I do really well, do I try to transfer (trying not to hinking about it, but eh) or do I stay at Texas and enjoy being towards the top of the class? Oh well, I'll cross that bridge IF it happens haha.

Yea I think you're in a similar boat as me though, where there aren't many schools worth transferring to since you're already so high. If I got good enough grades, I'd only consider transferring to H (Y and S wouldn't happen) or maybe Berkeley, since I'd love SF biglaw.


I really don't like the idea of transferring on a personal level. What if I have to find a new apartment!?!?!

All jest aside, I'm not counting on it unless I end up magically doing amazingly well.

I love wustl and if I have the grades to transfer then most jobs should be open to me, so I probably wouldn't even if I could.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby Attax » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Exactly. I'd only do It because I'm a Harvard wore.

I'd take cali second to texas, depending on location. Lavlaw is gonna be wonderful.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby soj » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:19 pm


User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby Attax » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:47 pm

That thread is starting to come back to life!

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:51 pm

Attax wrote:That thread is starting to come back to life!


I feel like I've been transported to another reality in that thread. It's wonderful.

User avatar
B.B. Homemaker
Posts: 3452
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby B.B. Homemaker » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:53 pm

Attax wrote:That thread is starting to come back to life!

Don't get used to it. I'm just putting off studying for a bit, then business as usual here on TLS.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Hey kiddies. Any news in your law school lives?

User avatar
DCNTUA
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:19 am

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby DCNTUA » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:43 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:Hey kiddies. Any news in your law school lives?


Please pw tyia

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby Attax » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:44 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:Hey kiddies. Any news in your law school lives?


WL at UNC

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby Attax » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:44 pm

DCNTUA wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:Hey kiddies. Any news in your law school lives?


Please pw tyia


He asked so nicely :mrgreen:

yost
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby yost » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:47 pm

I'm coming out of lurkerdom and joining this gay party. You guys are pretty funny.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:47 pm

DCNTUA wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:Hey kiddies. Any news in your law school lives?


Please pw tyia


.
Last edited by cricketlove00 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby Attax » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:52 pm

I don't think I've seen the penguin before!

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby Attax » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:52 pm

yost wrote:I'm coming out of lurkerdom and joining this gay party. You guys are pretty funny.


Welcome! Glad to have you! :mrgreen:

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:54 pm

Attax wrote:I don't think I've seen the penguin before!


DCNTUA better look at this shit before I take it down.

And yeah, the penguin is new. Wore it once when I went out drinking and I think I may have barfed on it and thrown it away.

User avatar
DCNTUA
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:19 am

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby DCNTUA » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:55 pm

I recognize you. Were you in the thread last cycle?!?

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Queer and Trans*: Grindr, Scruff, and mooorrreeeee

Postby cricketlove00 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:57 pm

DCNTUA wrote:I recognize you. Were you in the thread last cycle?!?


Yeah I was. I bombed my LSAT last cycle and had to sit out a year :)

My avatar used to be Danaerys from GoT




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest