SEO Competitivenes?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
mt2165

SEO Competitivenes?

Postby mt2165 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:03 pm

Just a general question about how competitive the SEO program is? I had my interview Thursday and I would say it overall went well, I had some awkward pauses when I was really thinking about a difficult question. But I'm a 3.65/163 AA male with above average softs and I'm a D1 athlete. I like to think ill end up at a t-14. I would love the program because my first choice was NYC and my girlfriend and many of my other friends live in NYC and in general it's just a wonderful opportunity. Do you I have a solid chance of getting into the program? I blanketed the t-14 pretty much.

Dr.Zer0

Re: SEO Competitivenes?

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:11 pm

The higher the rank of the school you end up attending the higher your chances of getting SEO. T-14 is good but it seems like they really get the majority of their interns from the t-6.

mt2165

Postby mt2165 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:15 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:The higher the rank of the school you end up attending the higher your chances of getting SEO. T-14 is good but it seems like they really get the majority of their interns from the t-6.

Thanks! I've noticed that too. Do you think t-6 applicants, barring a horrible interview, are generally accepted. I guess I just can't grasp the size of the program/number of applicants for number of spots.

Mojosodope

Postby Mojosodope » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:17 pm

mt2165 wrote:
Dr.Zer0 wrote:The higher the rank of the school you end up attending the higher your chances of getting SEO. T-14 is good but it seems like they really get the majority of their interns from the t-6.

Thanks! I've noticed that too. Do you think t-6 applicants, barring a horrible interview, are generally accepted. I guess I just can't grasp the size of the program/number of applicants for number of spots.

Not necessarily, there are some people that go to HYS and are rejected, and some that go to CCN and are rejected.

Harvard, Columbia, and NYU place the most mainly because of markets and class size.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”