Half AA/ half pakistani

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
chickentikka

Half AA/ half pakistani

Postby chickentikka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by chickentikka on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.Zer0

Re: Half AA/ half pakistani

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:05 pm

If you've checked the box before them sure go ahead. If you don't identify as Asian then feel free not to.

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:10 pm

I love how people want to be AA when its convenient. FYI if you look asian your going to raise eyebrows when the school seees you. I believe it even says check ALL boxes that apply.

twenty

Postby twenty » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Considering the title of your thread says half AA half pakistani, you should check both boxes.

I usually wouldn't say this without knowing more of your background, but you are a horrible person for even thinking you should/could lie about your ethnicity for... what, an admissions boost to law school?

Unfortunately, you'll get the same boost as someone who's fully AA. So since there's really no advantage to being dishonest, you may as well disclose.

KingJamesLBJ wrote:I love how people want to be AA when its convenient.

Amen brother.

Balthy

Postby Balthy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:06 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:I love how people want to be AA when its convenient. FYI if you look asian your going to raise eyebrows when the school seees you. I believe it even says check ALL boxes that apply.

He doesn't just "want" to be black, he is black.. or as black as Obama, anyway, and no one thinks twice before calling him black. And maybe OP has always identified as black. I don't see how anything he says suggests otherwise. The hostility in here is weird, bros.

edit: i just realized you guys might be biased by OPs affinity for chicken tikka so i forgive you
Last edited by Balthy on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

indo

Postby indo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:09 pm

twenty wrote:Considering the title of your thread says half AA half pakistani, you should check both boxes.

I usually wouldn't say this without knowing more of your background, but you are a horrible person for even thinking you should/could lie about your ethnicity for... what, an admissions boost to law school?

Unfortunately, you'll get the same boost as someone who's fully AA. So since there's really no advantage to being dishonest, you may as well disclose.

Amen brother.

Funny,
Barrack is consider AA but he is black and white.
Tiger wood is also consider AA but he is black and yellow.
Last edited by indo on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:16 pm

If you dont check black when applying for jobs or anything else in the field, then why should you be able to check it now... Secondly, why do you say noone thinks twice about calling he/she black? do you know how he/she looks. Have you never seen someone half black who looks nothing like a black person? Because i for one have family half black with blonde hair blue eyes. Trust me, these people dont walk in identifying as black because it gives them an upper hand, they identify as white, asian, anything but black. Sorry bro. Just keeping it real. No one said he shouldn't identify as AA but why conveniently leave out that your half asian????

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:19 pm

indo wrote:
twenty wrote:Considering the title of your thread says half AA half pakistani, you should check both boxes.

Amen brother.

Funny, Barrack is consider AA.

Why is he considered AA? because you said so? Hes AA and Caucasian... and im sure he checked both before going to Harvard considering he was raised by he his Caucasian mother.

twenty

Postby twenty » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Okay, look. The title of this thread is Half AA/ half pakistani. Give me one good reason OP would be asking if he can only disclose the AA part, willfully not disclose his Asian ethnicity, and then check the box on the last page that says "I do affirm that all information provided is truthful and accurate." Other than to, you know, try and deceive an adcom into believing he's fully AA for a (supposedly) bigger boost.

Mojosodope

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:21 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:
indo wrote:

Amen brother.

Why is he considered AA? because you said so? Hes AA and Caucasian... and im sure he checked both before going to Harvard considering he was raised by he his Caucasian mother.

And you know this how? He could and does identify as black, because everyone in the world does anyway

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:21 pm

twenty wrote:Okay, look. The title of this thread is Half AA/ half pakistani. Give me one good reason OP would be asking if he can only disclose the AA part, willfully not disclose his Asian ethnicity, and then check the box on the last page that says "I do affirm that all information provided is truthful and accurate." Other than to, you know, try and deceive an adcom into believing he's fully AA for a (supposedly) bigger boost.

Im glad were on the same page.

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:23 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
KingJamesLBJ wrote:
indo wrote:

And you know this how? He could and does identify as black, because everyone in the world does anyway

We all know obama identifies as AA now. But what does that have to do with what boxes he checked at law school?? How do i know this, is the same question i could ask you..

Your race is your race, regardless of what you "identify" as

Mojosodope

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:26 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:
We all know obama identifies as AA now. But what does that have to do with what boxes he checked at law school?? How do i know this, is the same question i could ask you..

Because your the one who said you were sure he checked both boxes?

twenty

Postby twenty » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:27 pm

I think we're quickly derailing here. It doesn't matter if other people see OP as fully black. It doesn't matter if the media sees Obama as fully black. It doesn't even matter if Harvard law saw Obama as fully black. What matters is OP clearly understands he's half AA, half Asian, and wants to manipulate his way into a better boost by lying on his application.

Am I wrong to be mad about this?

indo

Postby indo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:28 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:
indo wrote:

Amen brother.

Sharpton, jackson and many others regard him as black.
Last edited by indo on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
KingJamesLBJ wrote:

I said sure because that would of been the proper thing to do. Considering his race is Black and Caucasian.

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:30 pm

indo wrote:
KingJamesLBJ wrote:
indo wrote:

Barrack is always refer him as black not half and half .
Sharpton, jackson and many others regard him as black.

NO ONE DENIES THAT HE IDENTIFIES A BLACK. The point is "Your race is your race, regardless of what you "identify" as"
Last edited by KingJamesLBJ on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

applelover

Postby applelover » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:31 pm

OP... you should check both boxes, especially if you did that for your college apps.

Everyone else...just leave OP alone. You answered his question. Thats all he wanted.

Have a good weekend everyone!!!
Last edited by applelover on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

applelover

Postby applelover » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:33 pm

twenty wrote:I think we're quickly derailing here. It doesn't matter if other people see OP as fully black. It doesn't matter if the media sees Obama as fully black. It doesn't even matter if Harvard law saw Obama as fully black. What matters is OP clearly understands he's half AA, half Asian, and wants to manipulate his way into a better boost by lying on his application.

Yes actually because you shouldn't let people you don't know on the internet or their circumstances affect your emotions so much.

Mojosodope

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:35 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
KingJamesLBJ wrote:

I said sure because that would of been the proper thing to do. Considering his race is Black and Caucasian.

Seeing that you could only choose to be multiracial during the census since 2000, which race do you think he chose the rest of his life?

Mojosodope

Postby Mojosodope » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:36 pm

twenty wrote:I think we're quickly derailing here. It doesn't matter if other people see OP as fully black. It doesn't matter if the media sees Obama as fully black. It doesn't even matter if Harvard law saw Obama as fully black. What matters is OP clearly understands he's half AA, half Asian, and wants to manipulate his way into a better boost by lying on his application.

you should be focusing on your cycle broheim

lastminuteuser

Postby lastminuteuser » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:36 pm

+1
Last edited by lastminuteuser on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ioannisk

Postby ioannisk » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:38 pm

If i were you, I would just check off AA and leave it as that.

You have a AA parent. you are not lying. If any questions come up, it's simply answering it as "I identify myself as African American."

game, done, have fun getting money

indo

Postby indo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
KingJamesLBJ wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
KingJamesLBJ wrote:

Seeing that you could only choose to be multiracial during the census since 2000, which race do you think he chose the rest of his life?

Barrack should have chose white because he was raised by his white grandmother but I DO NOT know what he chose.

applelover

Postby applelover » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:42 pm

HIS NAME IS BARACK

I'm usually not a stickler for grammar or spelling, but since it has been spelled wrong so many times ITT, I thought I'd toss that out there

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”