AA 164 / 3.17 Target Schools?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
yafosho

AA 164 / 3.17 Target Schools?

Postby yafosho » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:43 am

I am wondering what schools I should be looking at applying to. I am looking mainly for schools in Washington and California and am not sure what schools I should be targeting.

Nova

Re: AA 164 / 3.17 Target Schools?

Postby Nova » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:15 am

Regionally, you should apply to UCB,UCLA/USC/UCI/UCD/UW

But you should also consider applying to most of the T14 & random T1 schools for scholarship negotiation.

Lots of schools will give you fee waivers if you email the admissions department asking nicely. Mention your LSAT & URM status.

yafosho

Postby yafosho » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:23 am

Nova wrote:Regionally, you should apply to UCB,UCLA/USC/UCI/UCD/UW

But you should also consider applying to most of the T14 & random T1 schools for scholarship negotiation.

Lots of schools will give you fee waivers if you email the admissions department asking nicely. Mention your LSAT & URM status.

Awesome advice, thanks.

applelover

Postby applelover » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Nova wrote:Regionally, you should apply to UCB,UCLA/USC/UCI/UCD/UW

I'm thinking UCB is a huge reach with that GPA unless you got some amazing softs and WE. Also, UCB doesn't award merit-based fee waivers to anyone, so unless you can demonstrate financial need to them, don't email them asking for one. Just a FYI.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”