LSAC GPA Duplicate course Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Blackguy123

New

LSAC GPA Duplicate course

Post by Blackguy123 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering, when you send transcripts from two different schools to the LSAC and they calculate you LSDAS GPA, what do they do if you have taken the same course at both of the schools? Do they just both get computed in, or does the higher score go in? Curious because I have a D + and an A for the same class

KingJamesLBJ

Bronze

Re: LSAC GPA Duplicate course

Post by KingJamesLBJ » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:38 pm

Blackguy123 wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering, when you send transcripts from two different schools to the LSAC and they calculate you LSDAS GPA, what do they do if you have taken the same course at both of the schools? Do they just both get computed in, or does the higher score go in? Curious because I have a D + and an A for the same class

Sorry to tell you, but they will average both grades in. This is a reason a lot of people with high GPAs have lowers GPA's once lsac is done with them

Blackguy123

New

Post by Blackguy123 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:50 pm

How about Early-College courses taken during High School? I read that those get factored in as well, is that the case?

midnight_circus

Bronze

Post by midnight_circus » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:28 pm

^ Yes.

KingJamesLBJ

Bronze

Post by KingJamesLBJ » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:13 pm

midnight_circus wrote:^ Yes.

Blackguy123

New