February LSAT for current cycle?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
LegaleZy

February LSAT for current cycle?

Postby LegaleZy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:23 pm

I understand the conventional wisdom is that if you want to apply this cycle the February LSAT is not a good plan. I plan on taking in December and I'm confident I'll earn the score I need, however, if I feel I can get a couple more points in February should I take it, and if I do will it even be considered? My thinking is because of the lack if high scoring URM applicants and with the decrease of test takers across the board schools are willing to look at a February score if it is one of those desired high ones to maintain medians. Any suggestions? I appologize in advance if this has been discusses elsewhere. Thank You

MoMettaMonk

Re: February LSAT for current cycle?

Postby MoMettaMonk » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:49 pm

LegaleZy wrote:I understand the conventional wisdom is that if you want to apply this cycle the February LSAT is not a good plan. I plan on taking in December and I'm confident I'll earn the score I need, however, if I feel I can get a couple more points in February should I take it, and if I do will it even be considered? My thinking is because of the lack if high scoring URM applicants and with the decrease of test takers across the board schools are willing to look at a February score if it is one of those desired high ones to maintain medians. Any suggestions? I appologize in advance if this has been discusses elsewhere. Thank You

Since you are taking the December LSAT anyway, I would suggest getting your applications in as soon after you get that score as possible. If you still want to take the February test then you can, and if you better your score you can use it as leverage to get more scholarship money or to get off of waitlists.

I would just caution against waiting until after the February test to submit applications because you'll be running into/past the deadlines for a lot of schools.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”