(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am
ae10798485 wrote:I'm wondering whether I should stick with the October LSAT or switch to the December LSAT. I am an AA male at H undergrad.
All of my essays are complete and my recommendations are coming in, so I won't have to worry about writing essays getting LORs in the mean time. I ask this questions because I know the long standing rule of thumb is to apply early, but I play two sports at H and I don't think I'm going to be studying as much as I was doing in the summer months. Also, the LSAT falls on a game day vs holy cross, though the game is about an hour after the lsat lets out. If I switched it to December, it be right before our finals period and also I would have no football and a little break from track too. So I am wondering if I should just wait, take the test in December, get a score and send in the applications then (more time to study, perfect essays, etc.) or should i just take it in October because of the pressure to apply early. I have a 3.35 GPA, low I know, so I have to get a pretty high score on the exam.
Any advantage you would gain by applying earlier would be completely negated by a couple more points (or even one more point) on the LSAT. So if you're confident you'd score higher in December, it's a no-brainer to wait, unless you're already scoring median or above for schools you are interested in (and even then, probably). If you think that you'd just end up doing as well then as you would now (and only you can say how much work you plan to put in between now and then), you'd be better off applying now. This obviously should not be the case, though.
- Posts: 156
- Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:59 pm
Ugh I'm thinking about just taking the December test as well. I feel I have just received the appropriate materials that are most beneficial to my prep August 1st. So I only have 48 days to solidify everything in my head the proper way. This scares me. The last thing I want to do is not do well or my best. I think I have a fear of taking the LSaT... I think it's smart to leave open the option to retake bc anything can happen that can result in an undesired score.
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:23 am
I'm an AA male and as of yesterday I postponed my test date from October to December. Being early in the cycle will not outweigh gaining even one LSAT point. When it comes down to scholarships and being a moneys game, you'll be glad you waited.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: principalagent and 5 guests