AA Male Chances At Harvard, Stanford, Columbia Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Aspirant.

New

AA Male Chances At Harvard, Stanford, Columbia

Post by Aspirant. » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:07 am

I am an AA male who will graduate with an LSAC 3.71 GPA (worst case scenario). From what I can ascertain, YLS is impossible to predict so I won't even bother asking about it. However, what LSAT would make me a lock for HLS, SLS, or CLS with average-weak softs? Is there an LSAT score that would virtually guarantee me admission to at least one of those three schools?

Edit: My undergrad is unranked/unknown, although someone went to YLS from here once in 2005.
Last edited by Aspirant. on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

90convoy

Silver

Re: AA Male Chances At Harvard, Stanford, Columbia

Post by 90convoy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:08 am

170+ guaranteed 165+ will give you great odds

californiauser

Silver

Post by californiauser » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:39 am

Aim for 180. Good luck

Athlone McGinnis

New

Post by Athlone McGinnis » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Aspirant. wrote:However, what LSAT would make me a lock for HLS, SLS, or CLS with average-weak softs? Is there an LSAT score that would virtually guarantee me admission to at least one of those three schools?
165 would probably do it. 160-164 with 3.5-3.7 GPAs have been known to find their way into CLS and HLS on a regular basis year in, year out. A 165 with a 3.7 should, assuming a well put together and timely application submitted to all three schools, find his way into at least one.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”