Chances and Big Money at T-14?? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

New

Chances and Big Money at T-14??

Post by 24671 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi, I'm new here. First, I apologize for double positing but I didn't realize that there is a forum for URM students, and I think my questions would be best answered on this forum. I also wanted to inquire about big money/merit scholarships at T-14 for a person with my stats:

First Choice is Stanford, followed by Harvard, Columbia, and UPenn. But I would "settle" for big money at any T-14 (sans HYS), if HYS doesn't work out. Not sure if my gpa warrants any top 14 acceptances/merit money, but I'm crossing my fingers . Could I swing a Hamilton, Rubenstien, Furman/Anbryce, Levy, or other big money in lower T-14?

3.42 LSAC GPA
170 LSAT
black girl
T-20ish LAC
Decent Softs
-Student Government Representative (Elected) -- 4 Years
-Student Government Committees (Elected)
-Debate Team (ranked nationally)
-Resident Advisor
-Part-Time job-4 years
-Varsity Athlete--4 years

Interested in Academia or BigLaw

PRgradBYU

Silver

Re: Chances and Big Money at T-14??

Post by PRgradBYU » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:39 pm

Per the graph above, you've got a decent shot at Stanford. As you've already indicated, your GPA is relatively low (if there were a way to get it above a 3.5, you'd surprisingly be in a much better position), but an AA with a 170 is certainly a rare commodity and highly sought after by admissions committees. It looks like the average amount of money you'd get from CLS and Penn is about $60,000. That being said, given the small sample taken from which the above graph was created, you could definitely receive more money from your target schools. HTH.

New

Post by 24671 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:58 pm

Thank You! Hopefully by finishing up my summer courses and maintaining an A average next semester, I might be able to pull up to a 3.5. If not, I'll still apply and see where I end up this cycle.

DiniMae

Silver

Post by DiniMae » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi. Did SLS end up taking you?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”