Anyone know about Canadian school "urm" status? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
flash21

Gold

Anyone know about Canadian school "urm" status?

Post by flash21 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:42 am

I think its referred to as access category, but I am not sure. I am a Canadian resident, AA male, just wondering what Canadian schools do with a urm status, as from what I have read in the States it is a big consideration for your schools.

jurisprudence101

New

Re: Anyone know about Canadian school "urm" status?

Post by jurisprudence101 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm wondering the same thing as well. I don't think it's something that's officially taken into consideration, but I do believe it's a factor considered. That's my best guess.

serdog

Bronze

Re: Anyone know about Canadian school "urm" status?

Post by serdog » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:25 am

Canadian Special access is boarder then URM, generally speaking give the applicant a chance to speak on issue that have or may have limited there preformcae or path towards law school, to my some what extensive knowledge only Dalhousie as any paticlaur admissions for Black Canadian however to need contection to Nova Soctia or the historic black community there, special access also does consiter diversity so talk about that. Aboriginal on the other hand is a huge boast, and if anyone is here as an Aboriginal feel free to message. because I know alot. As to special access shot high and wide because every school is different also admission people are generally super helpful (while not UofT but there is a reason I not attend that school)

Also
http://lawstudents.ca/forums/
is a much better place for Canadain law school information

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”