URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:16 pm

[redacted]
Last edited by Dr.Zer0 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby lemons » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:17 pm

lemons wrote:
lemons wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
lemons wrote:shit.. i forgot that i have an interview tomorrow morning with vandy admissions officers. any pointers?

reminder: i may or may not be incredibly tipsy rn


Don't discuss their football team


will do :)


wait, nevermind haha

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby lemons » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:17 pm

zap zap

User avatar
MoMettaMonk
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby MoMettaMonk » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:17 pm

lemons wrote:
lemons wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
lemons wrote:shit.. i forgot that i have an interview tomorrow morning with vandy admissions officers. any pointers?

reminder: i may or may not be incredibly tipsy rn


Don't discuss their football team


will do :) this may be a stupid question but should i dress professionally? like slacks and a nice blouse/blazer?


wait, i think it would be stupid to not wear nice clothes... so nevermind haha


Is it in person or skype?

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby lemons » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:19 pm

MoMettaMonk wrote:Is it in person or skype?


it's in person haha my brother did all his via skype so that's why i was like "screw the nice clothes" but i think in person is different haha

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:20 pm

How much money do you think the LSAC makes off these damn report fees

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby lemons » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Mojosodope wrote:How much money do you think the LSAC makes off these damn report fees



soooo much money... especially since they more than doubled the report fees... like what the actual ffff

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:23 pm

lemons wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:How much money do you think the LSAC makes off these damn report fees



soooo much money... especially since they more than doubled the report fees... like what the actual ffff



what do you think that money goes towards?? maybe the salary of the people who make these tests??

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:23 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
lemons wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:How much money do you think the LSAC makes off these damn report fees



soooo much money... especially since they more than doubled the report fees... like what the actual ffff



what do you think that money goes towards?? maybe the salary of the people who make these tests??


strippers...its the only thing that would make sense

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
lemons wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:How much money do you think the LSAC makes off these damn report fees



soooo much money... especially since they more than doubled the report fees... like what the actual ffff



what do you think that money goes towards?? maybe the salary of the people who make these tests??


strippers...its the only thing that would make sense


LSAC employees with their CAS fees Image

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:30 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
lemons wrote:

soooo much money... especially since they more than doubled the report fees... like what the actual ffff



what do you think that money goes towards?? maybe the salary of the people who make these tests??


strippers...its the only thing that would make sense


LSAC employees with their CAS fees Image


you are on point...i may have to steal you from your SO. Love at first GIF

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:37 pm

lol
Last edited by applelover on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:38 pm

deleted
Last edited by applelover on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:39 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
LSAC employees with their CAS fees Image


you are on point...i may have to steal you from your SO. Love at first GIF


8) 8) :D :D my SO Image This law school application process allowed me no time for SO's :P

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:41 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
LSAC employees with their CAS fees Image


you are on point...i may have to steal you from your SO. Love at first GIF


8) 8) :D :D my SO [img/img] This law school application process allowed me no time for SO's :P


I coulda swore someone met you and your SO at Penn, but it mighta been the other way around? Or did I just make all of that up

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:48 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
lemons wrote:

soooo much money... especially since they more than doubled the report fees... like what the actual ffff



what do you think that money goes towards?? maybe the salary of the people who make these tests??


strippers...its the only thing that would make sense


LSAC employees with their CAS fees


But if your single I guess we could try to figure out this problem I've been thinkin about

Image

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:49 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
LSAC employees with their CAS fees Image


you are on point...i may have to steal you from your SO. Love at first GIF


8) 8) :D :D my SO Image This law school application process allowed me no time for SO's :P


College in itself has not allowed me any time for SO's. Anytime in a relationship, it messes up my grind.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
I coulda swore someone met you and your SO at Penn, but it mighta been the other way around? Or did I just make all of that up



No you are sort of right, single MandyJay met the lovely AAJD2B and her SO at Penn last friday. lol

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:50 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
I coulda swore someone met you and your SO at Penn, but it mighta been the other way around? Or did I just make all of that up



No you are sort of right, single MandyJay met the lovely AAJD2B and her SO at Penn last friday. lol



You work at Penn right?? Can you help me figure out who this woman from the admissions office I met was. I misplaced the business card somewhere back at my parents house during break.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:51 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
I coulda swore someone met you and your SO at Penn, but it mighta been the other way around? Or did I just make all of that up



No you are sort of right, single MandyJay met the lovely AAJD2B and her SO at Penn last friday. lol


Wellp.. see my next response

User avatar
sashafierce
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby sashafierce » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:51 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
El Principe wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
El Principe wrote:I got a 3.65/158 and I don't have an idea of what to do.


do u have retakes left??


This is the only one I've taken but taking the December one only leaves me a month to study and doing one February is too late, no?

Didn't expect to do this bad... I don't even know what schools to apply to in this range.


El Principe, I forgot to add an acquaintance I met on here from last cycle - AA female - landed all of HYS with a 149 and 168 retake. 3.6ish GPA from an Ivy.


I don't consider myself a URM because I am not American. However, I am black so I guess that I might qualify as a URM (so I am checking it). I sat the October exam and did exactly how I expected 155. I expected this because I literally guessed (without even reading) around 6-8 questions per section as I have never completed a full PT section within 35 minutes.

At this point accuracy is not my major issue, speed is. I am retaking in December and aiming for my target score of 170-172 (its a major jump but I am sure I can do it). I have a "superior international GPA" and my target schools are all in the T14.

I just want to share a few things that I learnt from my October test:

1) Always remember to reset your watch, I did not reset my watch for at least two sections and it threw me off

2) Always do 5 sections when PTing and not 4. I did 4 while PTing and was kinda exhausted when faced with 5 sections.

3) Practice taking PTs on small ass tables. Those tables were ridiculously small and I had to constantly stop and pick up my shit that kept falling off the table.

4) Follow the rules. I was very "whatever" about my October test because I was sure that i would have to re take in December as I was not fully prepared (my SO called it my real fake practice test :) ) so I a) reached late to the test center b) did not have a 1 gallon zip lock bag (silly right :roll: @ myself)

5) Make effective use of those last 5 minutes of each section. When the proctor called the last 5 minutes I found myself lost wondering what to do should I a) try to answer a few of my skipped questions b) check over questions that I answered but am and not 100% sure are correct or 3) fill in the empty bubbles randomly and then do either a) or b

6) Never let a day pass without studying for the LSAT. I don't live in the US and had to take some vacation days to travel in October, I love shopping so the days before the October exam I would go shopping every day digging through sales racks at Macy's rather than doing timed sections or PTS. I am not going to make that mistake again.

This may not be the forum for my tips, plus everyone might already know but I wanted to share them with you guys anywaysss :D

@ El Principe, I am in a similar situation and I have decided that I am not going to apply until after my December retake. I knw it makes alot of sense to apply right away but hear me out. Sooooo schools see that you have a score but you are registered for a re take, my belief is that most schools aren't going to issue a response to you until they get your new score (so its not like your going to find out until after your retake anyways).

The downside to waiting to apply is that your application is new to the school therefore when they get your new score it would take them a minute to look it over and get acquainted with you whereas in the former scenario they already know who you are and are just awaiting your new score to affirm their decision.

Just my 2 cents on the issue :D

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:52 pm

Mojosodope wrote:But if your single I guess we could try to figure out this problem I've been thinkin about

Image


Image

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:54 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:But if your single I guess we could try to figure out this problem I've been thinkin about



Image


--ImageRemoved--

this is getting outta control. i think your my soul mate hahaha

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:57 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:But if your single I guess we could try to figure out this problem I've been thinkin about



Image


--ImageRemoved--

this is getting outta control. i think your my soul mate hahaha


LMAO --ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:59 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:LMAO --ImageRemoved--


Image




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest