URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
Brettanomyces
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:08 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Brettanomyces » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:07 pm

mt2165 wrote:For those of us still waiting on Stanford, anyone even mildly optimistic/hopeful?


Hopeful? Yes!

Optimistic? Not really, no.

User avatar
mt2165
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mt2165 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:11 pm

Brettanomyces wrote:
mt2165 wrote:For those of us still waiting on Stanford, anyone even mildly optimistic/hopeful?


Hopeful? Yes!

Optimistic? Not really, no.


Yeah that seems about right lol

User avatar
mt2165
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mt2165 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Also finally in at Georgetown! Great couple of days!!

User avatar
MoMettaMonk
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby MoMettaMonk » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:54 pm

mt2165 wrote:Also finally in at Georgetown! Great couple of days!!


Congrats!

User avatar
Quan292
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 2:03 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Quan292 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Hey I just got an email from seo about scheduling an appointment. It looks similar to the original email I got back in January when I first interviewed. Is this just an accidental e-mail or is it for a second interview?

Anyone else get an email from seo recently?

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Kool-Aid » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:58 pm

MoMettaMonk wrote:
mt2165 wrote:Also finally in at Georgetown! Great couple of days!!


Congrats!

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Kool-Aid » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:05 pm

I keep putting off sending withdrawal emails. A part of me feels like I owe it to myself to ride it out, but I can't see myself attending these schools without $$$. I just don't think that's going to happen at this point in the cycle.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Quan292 wrote:Hey I just got an email from seo about scheduling an appointment. It looks similar to the original email I got back in January when I first interviewed. Is this just an accidental e-mail or is it for a second interview?

Anyone else get an email from seo recently?



I got one a few weeks back but it looked exactly like the old one I got in Jan. Did you deposit ?

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Kool-Aid wrote:I keep putting off sending withdrawal emails. A part of me feels like I owe it to myself to ride it out, but I can't see myself attending these schools without $$$. I just don't think that's going to happen at this point in the cycle.


Yeah, how exactly do we withdraw? I don't know the protocol.

User avatar
nabadgelyo
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby nabadgelyo » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:30 pm

okaygo wrote:
Kool-Aid wrote:I keep putting off sending withdrawal emails. A part of me feels like I owe it to myself to ride it out, but I can't see myself attending these schools without $$$. I just don't think that's going to happen at this point in the cycle.


Yeah, how exactly do we withdraw? I don't know the protocol.



I sent a short, standard email saying I appreciated the offer, but will not be attending. A lot of schools respond right away. It was pretty painless.

If you want a template or exact wording PM me

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby El Principe » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:39 pm

okaygo wrote:
Kool-Aid wrote:I keep putting off sending withdrawal emails. A part of me feels like I owe it to myself to ride it out, but I can't see myself attending these schools without $$$. I just don't think that's going to happen at this point in the cycle.


Yeah, how exactly do we withdraw? I don't know the protocol.



I sent a sentence long response... it doesn't need much.

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:43 pm

El Principe wrote:
okaygo wrote:
Kool-Aid wrote:I keep putting off sending withdrawal emails. A part of me feels like I owe it to myself to ride it out, but I can't see myself attending these schools without $$$. I just don't think that's going to happen at this point in the cycle.


Yeah, how exactly do we withdraw? I don't know the protocol.



I sent a sentence long response... it doesn't need much.


Dear XYZ Law School,

Thanks, but no thanks.
Last edited by Dr.Zer0 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby El Principe » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:59 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:
El Principe wrote:
okaygo wrote:
Kool-Aid wrote:I keep putting off sending withdrawal emails. A part of me feels like I owe it to myself to ride it out, but I can't see myself attending these schools without $$$. I just don't think that's going to happen at this point in the cycle.


Yeah, how exactly do we withdraw? I don't know the protocol.



I sent a sentence long response... it doesn't need much.


Dear XYL Law School,

Thanks, but no thanks.


I don't think LSU particularly enjoyed my withdrawal email. They didn't send a response :lol:

User avatar
teampeeta
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby teampeeta » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Has anyone else heard nada from Harvard? I am trés stressed.

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby El Principe » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:20 pm

EvMont wrote:I've been resisting a very strong urge to just deposit somewhere and be done. But, I keep telling myself that it's just another 30 days max.

It's been a long process, but we all put a lot of work into studying for the lsat and crafting our each letter, paragraph, sentence, phrase, etc. of our apps. Now is NOT the time to get trigger happy and rush to a decision. You have until the last minute of the deadline day to make a decision and there are no prizes for choosing early.

PS - Tosh I love your new avatar!


This is what you do. You put down the deposit at all of the schools you want, and then when they start to ask why you have multiple deposit, claim it was an April Fool's Joke. Caveat is you have to do it before today's over so hurry.

User avatar
logicspeaks
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby logicspeaks » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:24 pm

teampeeta wrote:Has anyone else heard nada from Harvard? I am trés stressed.

Me, but I just went complete a couple weeks ago. Still, I'd like to get a JS1 soon...

User avatar
teampeeta
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby teampeeta » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:28 pm

logicspeaks wrote:
teampeeta wrote:Has anyone else heard nada from Harvard? I am trés stressed.

Me, but I just went complete a couple weeks ago. Still, I'd like to get a JS1 soon...


I went complete in Feb. :shock:

ETA: Do you really think there are more JS1s on the horizon for non-waitlisted candidates?

User avatar
logicspeaks
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby logicspeaks » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:30 pm

teampeeta wrote:
logicspeaks wrote:
teampeeta wrote:Has anyone else heard nada from Harvard? I am trés stressed.

Me, but I just went complete a couple weeks ago. Still, I'd like to get a JS1 soon...


I went complete in Feb. :shock:

ETA: Do you really think there are more JS1s on the horizon for non-waitlisted candidates?

Yeah I basically applied at the very last minute for every school. Hopefully it doesn't destroy my cycle completely, but I do expect it's going to be tough making frantic decisions about where to deposit.

Maybe more JS1's depending on when you applied, but I'm not entirely optimistic.

User avatar
August Wilson
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:59 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby August Wilson » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Logic, if you don't get h this go round you should really think about waiting. If you applied in September you'd have been in for like 4 months by now.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:50 pm

For those who have deposited somewhere, can you add what school you plan on attending to the cycle results thread?
Thanks!

User avatar
Quan292
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 2:03 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Quan292 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:35 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
Quan292 wrote:Hey I just got an email from seo about scheduling an appointment. It looks similar to the original email I got back in January when I first interviewed. Is this just an accidental e-mail or is it for a second interview?

Anyone else get an email from seo recently?



I got one a few weeks back but it looked exactly like the old one I got in Jan. Did you deposit ?


I haven't yet so i'm guessing the email was a mistake. I think the mix up comes from me interviewing on skype instead of in nyc.

User avatar
logicspeaks
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby logicspeaks » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:57 pm

August Wilson wrote:Logic, if you don't get h this go round you should really think about waiting. If you applied in September you'd have been in for like 4 months by now.

That's the plan.

User avatar
Brettanomyces
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:08 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Brettanomyces » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:12 pm

logicspeaks wrote:
teampeeta wrote:
logicspeaks wrote:
teampeeta wrote:Has anyone else heard nada from Harvard? I am trés stressed.

Me, but I just went complete a couple weeks ago. Still, I'd like to get a JS1 soon...


I went complete in Feb. :shock:

ETA: Do you really think there are more JS1s on the horizon for non-waitlisted candidates?

Yeah I basically applied at the very last minute for every school. Hopefully it doesn't destroy my cycle completely, but I do expect it's going to be tough making frantic decisions about where to deposit.

Maybe more JS1's depending on when you applied, but I'm not entirely optimistic.


IDK. I'm not convinced. A friend and I (both AA 3.5+, 165+ stats) went complete in late Feb and early March, respectively, and we're both on the waitlist now. I'm not sure they want to bother with many more JS1s until people start withdrawing. WL's are more likely at this point, I think.

User avatar
Pozzy
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:21 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Pozzy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:30 pm

crawling out of my hole.

my cycle has sucked.
denied at a few schools, waitlisted at a few more, still only got into my last resort that is such a last resort i may sit the cycle out if that's all i get. it was my first acceptance months ago and it's been a depressing downhill tumble since then.
still waiting to hear back from about 4 schools, not hopeful considering that they are ranked higher than all the ones who have rejected or waitlisted me.

i got invited for an SEO interview in my choice city (NYC) .... is that a big deal? in what way? i literally briefly read like one person on this site post something like "omg got an seo interview" a few months ago, so i just said to myself "idk what that is but i'll apply, whatevs" ...

can someone get me excited about this interview by giving me some info about what it is? i get the gist of it .... paid internship for 0L students, but besides the straightforward nutshell description, what's the big deal?

Truly Yours,
Debbie Downer

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Pozzy wrote:crawling out of my hole.

my cycle has sucked.
denied at a few schools, waitlisted at a few more, still only got into my last resort that is such a last resort i may sit the cycle out if that's all i get. it was my first acceptance months ago and it's been a depressing downhill tumble since then.
still waiting to hear back from about 4 schools, not hopeful considering that they are ranked higher than all the ones who have rejected or waitlisted me.

i got invited for an SEO interview in my choice city (NYC) .... is that a big deal? in what way? i literally briefly read like one person on this site post something like "omg got an seo interview" a few months ago, so i just said to myself "idk what that is but i'll apply, whatevs" ...

can someone get me excited about this interview by giving me some info about what it is? i get the gist of it .... paid internship for 0L students, but besides the straightforward nutshell description, what's the big deal?

Truly Yours,
Debbie Downer


Have you tried reading the website? Or the whole 165 page thread about it on here? I'm semi-annoyed by your attitude about it because so many people would kill just to interview.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests