URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
AAJD2B

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:56 am

Hey everyone, so it looks like I am about to be banned due to mistaken identity. It was great being on here with you all, and I hope we keep in touch. If you wish to stay in contact with me, Mandyjay has my contact information.

Best wishes in your individual journeys to law school and I will hope to see most of you in our legal careers!

EvMont

Postby EvMont » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:03 pm

AAJD2B wrote:Hey everyone, so it looks like I am about to be banned due to mistaken identity. It was great being on here with you all, and I hope we keep in touch. If you wish to stay in contact with me, Mandyjay has my contact information.

Best wishes in your individual journeys to law school and I will hope to see most of you in our legal careers!

WHAT?!?! We need more details. Who do I call and yell at? It's time to fight the power.

El Principe

Postby El Principe » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:09 pm

AAJD2B wrote:Hey everyone, so it looks like I am about to be banned due to mistaken identity. It was great being on here with you all, and I hope we keep in touch. If you wish to stay in contact with me, Mandyjay has my contact information.

:cry:

#FreeAAJD2B

August Wilson

Postby August Wilson » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:21 pm

yeah it's actually kinda ridiculous.

AAJD2b and BlaqBella must be the same person. Proof? Both AA females. Both maybe have the same or a similar IP address. Oh and they both once used the same combination of four words and the same emoticon at the end of different sentence.

Lawyered!

:roll:

180kickflip

Postby 180kickflip » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:29 pm

August Wilson wrote:yeah it's actually kinda ridiculous.

AAJD2b and BlaqBella must be the same person. Proof? Both AA females. Both maybe have the same or a similar IP address. Oh and they both once used the same combination of four words and the same emoticon at the end of different sentence.

Lawyered!

To be fair, it is supposedly the same IP, not similar, and the writing style similarities extend beyond the one you mentioned.

That said, people should be given the benefit of the doubt. I suggested that they are separate due to the overlapping post history. If anyone has contact info for both, then I'm sure it could be easily resolved.

August Wilson

Postby August Wilson » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:42 pm

180kickflip wrote:
August Wilson wrote:yeah it's actually kinda ridiculous.

Lawyered!

To be fair, it is supposedly the same IP, not similar, and the writing style similarities extend beyond the one you mentioned.

That said, people should be given the benefit of the doubt. I suggested that they are separate due to the overlapping post history. If anyone has contact info for both, then I'm sure it could be easily resolved.

Yeah I mean the IP address could tell you that it's the same person. Or it could tell you that they both work for a huge company and made posts from the same location. I've been banned from other forums because someone at my job had been banned before and they used the "same IP address" as a justification. On writing style similarities.. I mean did people really go through and do an analysis on AAJD's 900+ posts and BlaqBella's 1200+ posts to come to the conclusion that they had similar writing styles or was it a "they use the same syntax sometimes" kinda thing?

I mean I feel like I'm more invested in this than I should be. I guess I'm just worried about being banned one day for someone having the same IP address as me and considering I work for the largest employer in the united state's and that they route my ip (and I'm assuming everyone else's) to show up as being somewhere in DC.

ETA: from the mod q&a forum in the lounge:

A. Nony Mouse wrote:She was banned for alting (in particular, to get around a permaban on the previous account). Alting is against the rules here, and alting to get around a permaban gets you another permaban. Respectfully, whether the mods have enough information to determine someone is alting isn't something up for public debate or approval.

So I'll stop now.

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Why was BB banned anyway? This is like the third AA female I've seen permabanned on this forum. All with specific personalities and decent contacts and information for other URMs.

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:54 pm

Lawd this is one crazy Thursday.

All I need now is for SEO to call and accept me and I might faint loll

August Wilson

Postby August Wilson » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:55 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:Lawd this is one crazy Thursday.

haha

t-14orbust

Postby t-14orbust » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:55 pm

yes plz SEO call me afap. Really want to give my work as much notice as possible before I depart

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:01 pm

So many users and guests viewing our thread.
Hi, how may we help you?

Trippel

Postby Trippel » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:06 pm

What?!!

180kickflip

Postby 180kickflip » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:07 pm

toshiroh wrote:Why was BB banned anyway? This is like the third AA female I've seen permabanned on this forum. All with specific personalities and decent contacts and information for other URMs.

I hear you. It's unfortunate because I read a number of blaqbella's posts prior to signing up here and thought she contributed a lot. Same for AAJD.

dreamerchic19

Postby dreamerchic19 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:13 pm

t-14orbust wrote:

yes plz SEO call me afap. Really want to give my work as much notice as possible before I depart

I'm actually looking forward to school just to take a break from "working" full time

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:50 pm

180kickflip wrote:
toshiroh wrote:Why was BB banned anyway? This is like the third AA female I've seen permabanned on this forum. All with specific personalities and decent contacts and information for other URMs.

I hear you. It's unfortunate because I read a number of blaqbella's posts prior to signing up here and thought she contributed a lot. Same for AAJD.

Yeah, regardless of what or who they may have been GAIA, BB, and AA have all provided me with great information for Law school. I wish them all the best!

El Principe

Postby El Principe » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:52 pm

180kickflip wrote:

I went like 4 pages back into blaqbella's posts, and I don't think they're the same person anymore.

Sure it could all just be an elaborate front, and at first, I found myself thinking they were the same person, because, hell they do post similarly and they're both non-traditional applicants, AA woman, etc., BUT the one thing that makes me doubt that they're the same person is the fact that AAJD2B was a corporate paralegal (allegedly), and demonstrated a detailed knowledge of that field, as well as the day to day work. BlaqBella was a nurse, and demonstrated a somewhat detailed knowledge about the field of nursing as shown here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=202403&p=6384927#p6384927

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=202403&p=6380598#p6380598

Now like I said, it's not proof that they're different people, but is it really really reasonable to expect that blaqbella was so paranoid that she may be permabanned in the future that she would take the time to make an alt. account that overlapped in time with her actual account, and not only come up with a different story, but researched an alternative career to the point that they could pass as a corporate paralegal and somehow avoided getting the new account IP banned in the first place, but after a year or so, suddenly just slips up and uses a banned IP address?

And I mean, if she was that paranoid to go through all that trouble in the first place, why not make more than one alt.? Whether she's a nurse, or a paralegal, or a basket weaver, who in the hell has that much free time to do such a thing in the first place?

I was under the impression that they were the same person at first, but after a deeper look, I don't think it fits.

EDIT: nvm.... :lol:
Last edited by El Principe on Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August Wilson

Postby August Wilson » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:57 pm

toshiroh wrote:
180kickflip wrote:

Yeah, regardless of what or who they may have been GAIA, BB, and AA have all provided me with great information for Law school. I wish them all the best!

wait GAIA was banned? I thought she just left.

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:15 pm

August Wilson wrote:
toshiroh wrote:
180kickflip wrote:

wait GAIA was banned? I thought she just left.

No, GAIA was banned a while back. Diff situation though

Mojosodope

Postby Mojosodope » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:29 pm

teampeeta

Postby teampeeta » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:33 pm

I woke up feeling all calm and zen. Now people are getting dinged from HYS. So my peace is shot to s***.

lemons

Postby lemons » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:14 pm

teampeeta wrote:I woke up feeling all calm and zen. Now people are getting dinged from HYS. So my peace is shot to s***.

:( people are getting dinged and people are getting banned.... it's really harshing my vibe

twenty

Postby twenty » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:27 pm

If AAJD2B really was BB, I'd vote to unban her just to ban her again. She was miserable, racist, irritating, and one of the most obnoxious posters since Bearsgrl.

Gaia, on the other hand, was a saint.

Mojosodope

Postby Mojosodope » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:08 pm

twenty wrote:If AAJD2B really was BB, I'd vote to unban her just to ban her again. She was miserable, racist, irritating, and one of the most obnoxious posters since Bearsgrl.

Gaia, on the other hand, was a saint.

Oooooo Kill Em

El Principe

Postby El Principe » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:55 pm

I've been shooting out withdrawals like an 80s Western. Feels good to be the one with the power to deny instead of being at one's mercy. :twisted:

Black_Swan

Postby Black_Swan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:05 pm

Interesting... I was pretty sure AAJD2B writing style and arguments reminded me of some other posters I saw on here a while ago. But I had no idea they would ban someone for having multiple accounts. Hmmm...

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”