URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby coolbean2013 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:49 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
teampeeta wrote:Congrats to the new Chicago admits! Especially Ben Reilly and sherealcool!


+1

Congrats you all!

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby coolbean2013 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:51 pm

El Principe wrote:Aye Duke took my late addendum!

Now, I still have to wait.


Nice! Rootin' for ya!

User avatar
PB&J.D.
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby PB&J.D. » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Anyone here going to the UT ASW? I'm flying in tomorrow evening, so I'm missing the segway tours.

User avatar
quashbat
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby quashbat » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:16 pm

Went UR 3/18 @Duke....wait listed today.

Ben Reilly
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:08 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Ben Reilly » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:20 pm

Thanks everyone and good luck to those on the waitlist! No need to give up hope yet.

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby El Principe » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:59 pm

quashbat wrote:Went UR 3/18 @Duke....wait listed today.


Same here, caught that waitlist today. Just sent a why duke yesterday

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby El Principe » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:18 pm

PB&J.D. wrote:Anyone here going to the UT ASW? I'm flying in tomorrow evening, so I'm missing the segway tours.


I actually cancelled the segway tour. I have a reputation to maintain :lol:

Oh, and check the c/o 2017 applicants thread for Texas. They're talking about the Bar Review on Thursday night. They said accepted 0Ls are welcome.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:25 am

....MADE MY SEAT DEPOSIT! :mrgreen:

EvMont
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby EvMont » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:32 am

okaygo wrote:....MADE MY SEAT DEPOSIT! :mrgreen:

OMG! Congrats! Where???

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:35 am

EvMont wrote:
okaygo wrote:....MADE MY SEAT DEPOSIT! :mrgreen:

OMG! Congrats! Where???


For some reason I'm too paranoid to say specifically right now. BUT, most of you can probably guess :lol:
Or just PM me for deets

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:02 am

El Principe wrote:
PB&J.D. wrote:Anyone here going to the UT ASW? I'm flying in tomorrow evening, so I'm missing the segway tours.


I actually cancelled the segway tour. I have a reputation to maintain :lol:

Oh, and check the c/o 2017 applicants thread for Texas. They're talking about the Bar Review on Thursday night. They said accepted 0Ls are welcome.



ARE YOU JOKING ?!?! I wish I could do a segway tour. Wait, but are helmet mandatory for that? ahaha

User avatar
Moltenmama
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:51 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Moltenmama » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:31 am

In at UCI! I'm really happy with their diversity and warm atmosphere. I'm leaning more toward public interest and I want to go for a clerkship, which are befitting goals at this school. Any other URM's planning on going to their ASW?

User avatar
logicspeaks
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby logicspeaks » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:29 am

Moltenmama wrote:In at UCI! I'm really happy with their diversity and warm atmosphere. I'm leaning more toward public interest and I want to go for a clerkship, which are befitting goals at this school. Any other URM's planning on going to their ASW?

Also in as of this morning - my first acceptance.

I will try to make it to the ASW, but it depends on my job. Congrats on the acceptance!

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Kool-Aid » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:59 am

Congrats on UCI!!!

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:15 pm

okaygo wrote:....MADE MY SEAT DEPOSIT! :mrgreen:


1st seat deposit ITT?! Congrats Okaygo!

I guess it's about that time to start making decisions... :shock:

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Kool-Aid » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:19 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
okaygo wrote:....MADE MY SEAT DEPOSIT! :mrgreen:


1st seat deposit ITT?! Congrats Okaygo!

I guess it's about that time to start making decisions... :shock:


Maybe the 2nd?!? I paid mine to UT a little more then a week ago.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Kool-Aid wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:
okaygo wrote:....MADE MY SEAT DEPOSIT! :mrgreen:


1st seat deposit ITT?! Congrats Okaygo!

I guess it's about that time to start making decisions... :shock:


Maybe the 2nd?!? I paid mine to UT a little more then a week ago.



NICE, CONGRATS!

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Kool-Aid wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:
okaygo wrote:....MADE MY SEAT DEPOSIT! :mrgreen:


1st seat deposit ITT?! Congrats Okaygo!

I guess it's about that time to start making decisions... :shock:


Maybe the 2nd?!? I paid mine to UT a little more then a week ago.


Go head then! Are you in Austin for the ASW?

Kool-Aid
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Kool-Aid » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:39 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
Kool-Aid wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:
okaygo wrote:....MADE MY SEAT DEPOSIT! :mrgreen:


1st seat deposit ITT?! Congrats Okaygo!

I guess it's about that time to start making decisions... :shock:


Maybe the 2nd?!? I paid mine to UT a little more then a week ago.


Go head then! Are you in Austin for the ASW?


Can't make it down, but I do plan to try to go to one of the mini days next month.

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby El Principe » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:11 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
Kool-Aid wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:
okaygo wrote:....MADE MY SEAT DEPOSIT! :mrgreen:


1st seat deposit ITT?! Congrats Okaygo!

I guess it's about that time to start making decisions... :shock:


Maybe the 2nd?!? I paid mine to UT a little more then a week ago.


Go head then! Are you in Austin for the ASW?


I'm here!

User avatar
Moltenmama
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:51 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Moltenmama » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:10 pm

logicspeaks wrote:
Moltenmama wrote:In at UCI! I'm really happy with their diversity and warm atmosphere. I'm leaning more toward public interest and I want to go for a clerkship, which are befitting goals at this school. Any other URM's planning on going to their ASW?

Also in as of this morning - my first acceptance.

I will try to make it to the ASW, but it depends on my job. Congrats on the acceptance!

Do try! The reception on the beach with cocktails Saturday afternoon is devine!

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby BankruptMe » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Random thought:

Why do white people automatically assume A large number of blacks in a nightclub = Ghetto = Dangerous?

And this is coming from a white guy who likes black girls..."Oh that place went down hill, its really dangerous now." Have you ever been there? "No, but from what I hear, its very dangerous."

So black = dangerous?

And congrats to the new admits.

kenwash
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby kenwash » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:21 pm

BankruptMe wrote:Random thought:

Why do white people automatically assume A large number of blacks in a nightclub = Ghetto = Dangerous?

And this is coming from a white guy who likes black girls..."Oh that place went down hill, its really dangerous now." Have you ever been there? "No, but from what I hear, its very dangerous."

So black = dangerous?

And congrats to the new admits.

Of course black doesn't equal dangerous but it's a part of people's biases. Those Harvard psychology online tests that have been around years demonstrate the hidden biases we all have. By the way there are black people that unconsciously think the same thing.

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby El Principe » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Gunners at Texas's ASD :lol:

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:28 pm

El Principe wrote:Gunners at Texas's ASD :lol:


Tell me more




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests