BentleyLittle wrote: El Principe wrote: runinthefront wrote:
BentleyLittle wrote:Man I think I'm the only URM still shut out of the T14. 0/4 with today's UChi waitlist. Guess I need to consider dusting off my LSAT materials for June.
I'm in the same boat. I have one of UCLA/Vandy/Texas and USC so far as my only T-20s. That being said, I shouldn't and cannot complain about my my cycle all together. I decided that if I still haven't broken into the T-14 (and with at least some money) by April 1st, I'm just going to study quickly for two months, put a seat deposit down for the school I've already been accepted to and re-take in June. I mean, I'm completely fine with going to one of the schools I've been accepted to and I have one last re-take to burn anyway, so why not? Why did you only apply to four T-14s?
Same here. In @ T15, but still WLed by two of the T14s thus far.
I want to do the same as you and take in June, but I haven't dusted off the books in a while, so I'd feel a lot more comfortable taking the test in October rather than June. I feel if I take it in June, I won't improve that much, plus I'm not exactly making it rain at the moment, so burning ~$500 on a deposit isn't really an option.
So if I get shut out, I'm probably going all in on a retake and will just withdraw and take in June instead of depositing and taking June in order to make a decision.
I see what your saying. Some of these deposits are ridiculous! What schools are you targeting? For me, I'm not 100% set on BigLaw and I'm pretty debt averse. If I did get off a waitlist at sticker, I'm not sure I'd take it. In any case, I think I'd be happy at UCI and a deposit isn't required there.
My highest acceptance so far is Vanderbilt, and preferably speaking, I'd only want to work in Texas, Cali, or DC biglaw or mid law in Texas, and only Texas is a realistic option there, but only for the top 1/3 of the class. So if I don't get a significant scholarship from there, then I'll be apprehensive about taking 200K of debt or with those odds.
I think Duke may be the only school I'll take at sticker, but I'm still waiting there. As crazy as it sounds, maybe Georgetown too, because I heard students at median can get Texas, so yeah.