URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:45 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
okaygo wrote:I felt like his verse was overrated.
GKMC is a SOLID concept album...but....he doesn't know how to make fire singles.


Do you base your rap albums on singles or good lyrics?


I base my artists on their ability to throw out singles.
Albums I base on quality lyrics which is why I'm saying GKMC is a solid concept album.
BUT I still doubt Kendrick as an artist.

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby lemons » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:46 pm

Mojosodope wrote:GULC doesn't really have great placement by t14 standards


yeah that might be the reason why UVA has better placement haha I just don't hold GULC in very high esteem

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:47 pm

okaygo wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
okaygo wrote:I felt like his verse was overrated.
GKMC is a SOLID concept album...but....he doesn't know how to make fire singles.


Do you base your rap albums on singles or good lyrics?


I base my artists on their ability to throw out singles.
Albums I base on quality lyrics which is why I'm saying GKMC is a solid concept album.
BUT I still doubt Kendrick as an artist.


I mean he did have some singles on their, Swimming Pools and Compton, and was featured on a bunch of others this year.

But most of the great lyricists only have one, maybe two, "singles" per album. Nas is a good example.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:49 pm

TLS is the only place I've seen where people recognize that GULC isn't on the same level as the rest of the T-14. Everyone else I know IRL has GULC up there with CCN.

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby lemons » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:50 pm

okaygo wrote:
It honestly is my endgame and I saw the same statistics from UVA.
But I'm also considered about environment and call me what you want, but I don't know quite how I would feel about the people at UVA. Their undergrad has more than a few elitist not-quite-good-enough for Ivy league pricks.



i heard that UVA is the bro-y-est of the T14. the main reason i'd be into UVA is because I don't like big cities so this would be a compromise haha

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:50 pm

okaygo wrote:TLS is the only place I've seen where people recognize that GULC isn't on the same level as the rest of the T-14. Everyone else I know IRL has GULC up there with CCN.


IRL people go to college for a Liberal Arts degree and really have no plan to use it :lol:

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby lemons » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:51 pm

is bro-y-est a word? :lol:

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:52 pm

lemons wrote:
okaygo wrote:
It honestly is my endgame and I saw the same statistics from UVA.
But I'm also considered about environment and call me what you want, but I don't know quite how I would feel about the people at UVA. Their undergrad has more than a few elitist not-quite-good-enough for Ivy league pricks.



i heard that UVA is the bro-y-est of the T14. the main reason i'd be into UVA is because I don't like big cities so this would be a compromise haha


There's nothing wrong with bro-y schools, my school is definitely is pretty "Fratty" and I actually fit in well with them because they just like to party and have a good time.

The ones that are stuck up and think they are God's gift to earth are the ones that make me laugh, and these just happen to usually be females.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:53 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
okaygo wrote:TLS is the only place I've seen where people recognize that GULC isn't on the same level as the rest of the T-14. Everyone else I know IRL has GULC up there with CCN.


IRL people go to college for a Liberal Arts degree and really have no plan to use it :lol:


You say to the women with a liberal arts degree that I have no plan to use lol

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby lemons » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:53 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
okaygo wrote:TLS is the only place I've seen where people recognize that GULC isn't on the same level as the rest of the T-14. Everyone else I know IRL has GULC up there with CCN.


IRL people go to college for a Liberal Arts degree and really have no plan to use it :lol:


that's pretty much 99% of the people at my school... apparently my school has one of the worst returns on investment of all the schools in the country. 8)

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:53 pm

lemons wrote:is bro-y-est a word? :lol:


this is a pretty bro-y Drake move

Image

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:54 pm

lemons wrote:
okaygo wrote:
It honestly is my endgame and I saw the same statistics from UVA.
But I'm also considered about environment and call me what you want, but I don't know quite how I would feel about the people at UVA. Their undergrad has more than a few elitist not-quite-good-enough for Ivy league pricks.



i heard that UVA is the bro-y-est of the T14. the main reason i'd be into UVA is because I don't like big cities so this would be a compromise haha


Do you know how far UVA is from DC? Like three hours?

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:54 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
lemons wrote:
okaygo wrote:
It honestly is my endgame and I saw the same statistics from UVA.
But I'm also considered about environment and call me what you want, but I don't know quite how I would feel about the people at UVA. Their undergrad has more than a few elitist not-quite-good-enough for Ivy league pricks.



i heard that UVA is the bro-y-est of the T14. the main reason i'd be into UVA is because I don't like big cities so this would be a compromise haha


There's nothing wrong with bro-y schools, my school is definitely is pretty "Fratty" and I actually fit in well with them because they just like to party and have a good time.

The ones that are stuck up and think they are God's gift to earth are the ones that make me laugh, and these just happen to usually be females.


They are the funniest. I really appreciate them bringing humor to my day.

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:54 pm

okaygo wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
okaygo wrote:TLS is the only place I've seen where people recognize that GULC isn't on the same level as the rest of the T-14. Everyone else I know IRL has GULC up there with CCN.


IRL people go to college for a Liberal Arts degree and really have no plan to use it :lol:


You say to the women with a liberal arts degree that I have no plan to use lol


You are using it to get you to law school my dear

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:55 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
lemons wrote:is bro-y-est a word? :lol:


this is a pretty bro-y Drake move

Image


180.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:55 pm

okaygo wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
lemons wrote:is bro-y-est a word? :lol:


this is a pretty bro-y Drake move

Image


180.


I can't stop watching this lol

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby lemons » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
There's nothing wrong with bro-y schools, my school is definitely is pretty "Fratty" and I actually fit in well with them because they just like to party and have a good time.

The ones that are stuck up and think they are God's gift to earth are the ones that make me laugh, and these just happen to usually be females.


i go to a tiny school in the midwest and the closest thing we have to bros are the D3 football players who have lost 10 out of the 10 games they played last season... but if bro-y is just partying I can dig it 8)

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Mojosodope wrote:You are using it to get you to law school my dear


OHH. eye see.

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby lemons » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Mojosodope wrote:
lemons wrote:is bro-y-est a word? :lol:


this is a pretty bro-y Drake move

[img]http://cdnl.complex.com/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/MUSIC/2012/11/content/tumblr_m231tgqntn1r43isvo1_500_lktei.gif[img]


yes, i can't wait until i can post pics. i think i can when i get to 100 posts right? and drake is super bro-y... i have a love-hate relation with him that might have started with degrassi

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

okaygo wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:You are using it to get you to law school my dear


OHH. eye see.


Eye dee kay, I'm a dick so my opinion matters very little

User avatar
Mojosodope
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:00 am

lemons wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
lemons wrote:is bro-y-est a word? :lol:


this is a pretty bro-y Drake move

[img]http://cdnl.complex.com/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/MUSIC/2012/11/content/tumblr_m231tgqntn1r43isvo1_500_lktei.gif[img]


yes, i can't wait until i can post pics. i think i can when i get to 100 posts right? and drake is super bro-y... i have a love-hate relation with him that might have started with degrassi


and stuff like this

Image

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:00 am

Mojosodope wrote:
okaygo wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:You are using it to get you to law school my dear


OHH. eye see.


Eye dee kay, I'm a dick so my opinion matters very little


I didn't see anything dick-ish in what you said. Seemed pretty supportive to me.

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby lemons » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:01 am

okaygo wrote:
lemons wrote:
okaygo wrote:
It honestly is my endgame and I saw the same statistics from UVA.
But I'm also considered about environment and call me what you want, but I don't know quite how I would feel about the people at UVA. Their undergrad has more than a few elitist not-quite-good-enough for Ivy league pricks.



i heard that UVA is the bro-y-est of the T14. the main reason i'd be into UVA is because I don't like big cities so this would be a compromise haha


Do you know how far UVA is from DC? Like three hours?


it's like a 2.5-3 hour train ride.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:01 am

Mojosodope wrote:
and stuff like this

Image


Lmao! His fingerssss

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:02 am

I'm not even going to share my LSAT score, I'm just going to post a Drake reaction gif tomorrow lol.
(speaking tomorrow into existence)




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests