URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
JodieLovesChachi

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:20 am

mandyjay11 wrote:
Futuregohan14 wrote:wow
such wait
much impatience
October Harvard completion
October Columbia completion
still no response
many disappoint
Hahvahd, why you no respond?
Columbia, why you no respond?
very frustrate
so torture
wow
must end

LOL how did you make that Gohan!??!

LMAO Gohan, you kill me man. Hahaha.. .Please post more.. please?

JodieLovesChachi

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:25 am

Good lookin' out Pied, Mandy, Apple, and MT!

JodieLovesChachi

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:27 am

mt2165 wrote:Again congrats to everyone, you all are quite an impressive and inspirational group, in multiple regards. Really random question, but how old are the people on this thread? If you have fearing of outing yourself I understand, just curious. I ask because I'm 20, and I'm starting to get this nagging feeling that maybe I should/'ve wait(ed). It seems like most of you have W.E.

MT, I'll be 25 when we start in August. There are both advantages and disadvantages to applying younger/older. No worries.

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:38 am

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
mt2165 wrote:Again congrats to everyone, you all are quite an impressive and inspirational group, in multiple regards. Really random question, but how old are the people on this thread? If you have fearing of outing yourself I understand, just curious. I ask because I'm 20, and I'm starting to get this nagging feeling that maybe I should/'ve wait(ed). It seems like most of you have W.E.

MT, I'll be 25 when we start in August. There are both advantages and disadvantages to applying younger/older. No worries.

MT, I just turned 26 this past December. I guess we are dinosaurs when compared to you :lol: but I won't worry to much about age or work experience. I am sure you will succeed either way.

applelover

Postby applelover » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:52 am

ThePiedPiper wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:

MT, I just turned 26 this past December. I guess we are dinosaurs when compared to you :lol: but I won't worry to much about age or work experience. I am sure you will succeed either way.

Pied, you do not look your age at all!!!!

JodieLovesChachi

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:53 am

applelover wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:

Idris Elba looks just a tad older than 26...lol Unless of course you two have been pic whoring behind our backs.. :shock:

nabadgelyo

Postby nabadgelyo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:58 am

applelover wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:

I'm almost 26 and starting to pray I have some Pharrell Williams Vampire magic in me somewhere

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:00 pm

ahaha y'all this make me feel like we she should a PW time. It's been a long timeeee !

August Wilson

Postby August Wilson » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:05 pm

I'm a little late because I took the night off to celebrate (read: get drunk), but I wanted to say thanks everyone for your support. I've loved this thread so much and I appreciate each one of you.

It was definitely a good decision to stop lurking. :D

August Wilson

Postby August Wilson » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:06 pm

nabadgelyo wrote:
I'm almost 26 and starting to pray I have some Pharrell Williams Vampire magic in me somewhere

lol I died when I saw that photo.

JodieLovesChachi

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:12 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:ahaha y'all this make me feel like we she should a PW time. It's been a long timeeee !

When the cycle's over, I propose a google hangout. Cheers.

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:22 pm

applelover wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:

Thanks Apple I really appreciate the compliment. I get carded all the time lol. People say I look 20 or 21 and get shocked when I tell them I am 26.

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:24 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
Idris Elba looks just a tad older than 26...lol Unless of course you two have been pic whoring behind our backs.. :shock:

Lmao!!! Jodie that just might be it lol.

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:25 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:ahaha y'all this make me feel like we she should a PW time. It's been a long timeeee !

We do have to PW sometime. We have to set a day.

mt2165

Postby mt2165 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:47 pm

August Wilson wrote:
nabadgelyo wrote:

lol I died when I saw that photo.

Hahhahah i died upon reading this......he's getting his skin creme from the same place Magic Johnson got his HIV medicine from in the 90's.

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:14 pm

I'm pretty much giving up on this cycle. Wasted all this time to study for the LSAT, increase points, and still nothing. I could have been in law school years ago just to go to the same law schools I would've been accepted in when I was 21 and fresh out of college. :roll: Over it, might as well head to a decent regional in Florida.

femmefatale

Postby femmefatale » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:22 pm

First acceptance today! In at my safety, American University!

I applied later in the cycle, so this is the first school I've heard back from.

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:24 pm

toshiroh wrote:I'm pretty much giving up on this cycle. Wasted all this time to study for the LSAT, increase points, and still nothing. I could have been in law school years ago just to go to the same law schools I would've been accepted in when I was 21 and fresh out of college. :roll: Over it, might as well head to a decent regional in Florida.

Wait, what happened??? Aren't you still waiting to hear back?? Just be patient a little while longer. It will be all wrapped up by April at the latest.

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:24 pm

femmefatale wrote:First acceptance today! In at my safety, American University!

I applied later in the cycle, so this is the first school I've heard back from.

Congrats!!! The first acceptance is always the sweetest. :D

twenty

Postby twenty » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:32 pm

toshiroh wrote:I'm pretty much giving up on this cycle. Wasted all this time to study for the LSAT, increase points, and still nothing. I could have been in law school years ago just to go to the same law schools I would've been accepted in when I was 21 and fresh out of college. :roll: Over it, might as well head to a decent regional in Florida.

I understand your agony -- It's immensely frustrating to watch people that applied later with you and with worse numbers get into your dream school, and then throw it aside because they got into an even better one a few weeks later. A part of you is happy for them, (and who wouldn't be) but another part is irritated because you would have happily taken their third-choice offer.

Hold on, though. A lot of offers haven't come back yet. And hey, even if they never do, fuck law school, you can have a great life regardless of whether or not you have a JD. Just remember, some of the most miserable people in this world are law grads who made bad choices: making no choice at all might be vastly preferable to making a bad one.

Good luck man. Really rooting for you. :)

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:39 pm

twenty wrote:

tosh! did something happen? Don't loose hope, until it's all over. Actually, don't loose hope EVER ! There is a reason for everything, not matter how annoying it is. Also, remember, you rock! Like we are all legitimately so awesome that no acceptance or rejection is going to change that.

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:49 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
twenty wrote:

tosh! did something happen? Don't loose hope, until it's all over. Actually, don't loose hope EVER ! There is a reason for everything, not matter how annoying it is. Also, remember, you rock! Like we are all legitimately so awesome that no acceptance or rejection is going to change that.

I was held at Columbia. I guess it's better than a flat out no

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:49 pm

twenty wrote:

I understand your agony -- It's immensely frustrating to watch people that applied later with you and with worse numbers get into your dream school, and then throw it aside because they got into an even better one a few weeks later. A part of you is happy for them, (and who wouldn't be) but another part is irritated because you would have happily taken their third-choice offer.

Hold on, though. A lot of offers haven't come back yet. And hey, even if they never do, fuck law school, you can have a great life regardless of whether or not you have a JD. Just remember, some of the most miserable people in this world are law grads who made bad choices: making no choice at all might be vastly preferable to making a bad one.

Good luck man. Really rooting for you. :)

Thanks for the support!

alpwilliams

Postby alpwilliams » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:13 pm

toshiroh wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
twenty wrote:

I was held at Columbia. I guess it's better than a flat out no

FDB

alpwilliams

Postby alpwilliams » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:21 pm

anyone on instagram?

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”