URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
ThePiedPiper

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:58 pm

toshiroh wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:
toshiroh wrote:Image

Meanwhile, still waiting on an acceptance to anywhere. Hell, I'd even take a denial right about now.

No negative thoughts Tosh only positive ones.

I'm trying, but it gets harder as the days slowly go by lol

You going to get into your choice school. You worked very hard to get to this point. So it will work out for you.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:01 pm

Also I don't get why whenever there's a disagreement everyone is like 'where's the love ITT'

So we are going to ignore all of the love and support just two pages ago? Come on, yall. Nothing wrong with differences of opinions. That doesn't mean there's any diminished love.

blackbirdfly

Postby blackbirdfly » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:03 pm

I would like to point out that AAJD2B and Okaygo actually did answer most of Frozen's questions about the process. I agree with Brettanomyces main point. Let's continue supporting each other :D

femmefatale

Postby femmefatale » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:06 pm

okaygo wrote:
Brettanomyces wrote:A friend sent me a message saying that the current SEO conversation in this thread was discouraging her from applying to the internship program.

I understand why some feel providing interview information to applicants would be unfair, but wouldn't the advantage gained by knowing the types of questions to expect be counteracted by the fact that the last-minute applicants asking for this information are trying to beat the buzzer? Also, if anonymity is a concern, can't we just send them any helpful information via PM?

I miss the love.

Lol wut. I don't see how this conversation is in anyway discouraging someone from SEO itself. SEO is a wonderful program, and if anything the competitiveness should be encouraging someone to recognize how great of an opportunity SEO is.

+1

JodieLovesChachi

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:08 pm

okaygo wrote:Also I don't get why whenever there's a disagreement everyone is like 'where's the love ITT'

So we are going to ignore all of the love and support just two pages ago? Come on, yall. Nothing wrong with differences of opinions. That doesn't mean there's any diminished love.

+1

ThePiedPiper

Postby ThePiedPiper » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:08 pm

femmefatale wrote:
okaygo wrote:
Brettanomyces wrote:A friend sent me a message saying that the current SEO conversation in this thread was discouraging her from applying to the internship program.

I understand why some feel providing interview information to applicants would be unfair, but wouldn't the advantage gained by knowing the types of questions to expect be counteracted by the fact that the last-minute applicants asking for this information are trying to beat the buzzer? Also, if anonymity is a concern, can't we just send them any helpful information via PM?

I miss the love.

Lol wut. I don't see how this conversation is in anyway discouraging someone from SEO itself. SEO is a wonderful program, and if anything the competitiveness should be encouraging someone to recognize how great of an opportunity SEO is.

+1

+2 As long as its healthy disagreements

femmefatale

Postby femmefatale » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Brettanomyces wrote:
I miss the love.

Let's not forget that this is a forum full of future lawyers. Healthy debate is a natural and is to be expected. It doesn't mean that the "love" is gone.

Brettanomyces

Postby Brettanomyces » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:11 pm

okaygo wrote:Also I don't get why whenever there's a disagreement everyone is like 'where's the love ITT'

I'm just dramatic. :)

This thread is an invaluable resource and support system.

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:13 pm

I miss the love.

Boo hoo, cry me a river.

Tell your friend to grow some balls. If this type of conversation discourages her she might as well consider a new profession.

Regarding the "knowing the type of questions to expect", one member specifically asked for what questions to expect in the case study, not the interview in general. That is not something that can be answered as each interviewee may be presented with a different article to read and be asked different questions on it. What's so hard to understand about that? That's not withholding information, that's saying "hey, put on your big girl shoes, use your brain and go with the best answer or response". Nobody can help you in that regard.

And because of this some are to be viewed as void of love?? Say what now??? :?

Mojosodope

Postby Mojosodope » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:19 pm

woah now, I never expected AAJD to tell someone to grow some balls.

JodieLovesChachi

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:20 pm

AAJD2B wrote:

I miss the love.

Boo hoo, cry me a river.

Tell your friend to grow some balls
. If this type of conversation discourages her she might as well consider a new profession.

Regarding the "knowing the type of questions to expect", one member specifically asked for what questions to expect in the case study, not the interview in general. That is not something that can be answered as each interviewee may be presented with a different article to read and be asked different questions on it. What's so hard to understand about that? That's not withholding information, that's saying "hey, put on your big girl shoes, use your brain and go with the best answer or response". Nobody can help you in that regard.

LMAO. :lol: AAJD2B, I hope I get to meet you at one of these conferences. You pull no punches. I like it. Haha.

But yeah, like she said, it's all spirited love.

Brettanomyces

Postby Brettanomyces » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:20 pm

AAJD2B wrote:Boo hoo, cry me a river.

Tell your friend to grow some balls. If this type of conversation discourages her she might as well consider a new profession.

Call her and tell her to grow balls and not be a brainless, teary little girl. Got it.

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:26 pm

AAJD2B wrote:

I miss the love.

Boo hoo, cry me a river.

I read " cry me a river" and all I saw was this Image

I remember this song like it came out yesterday

JodieLovesChachi

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:27 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:

I miss the love.

Boo hoo, cry me a river.

Her Gifness. 8)

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:43 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:

I miss the love.

Boo hoo, cry me a river.

haha I chuckled at that

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:45 pm

toshiroh wrote:
haha I chuckled at that

WHOOAAAa Tosh how on the face of this beautiful earth did you find a gif that combines two of my most favorite things: Beyonce and Mean Girls ??!!?!

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:48 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
toshiroh wrote:
haha I chuckled at that

WHOOAAAa Tosh how on the face of this beautiful earth did you find a gif that combines two of my most favorite things: Beyonce and Mean Girls ??!!?!

It's a gif set on tumblr. The rest of it ends with "And none for Michelle Williams" :lol:

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:53 pm

toshiroh wrote:It's a gif set on tumblr. The rest of it ends with "And none for Michelle Williams" :lol:

LMAOO welp --ImageRemoved--

applelover

Postby applelover » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:16 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
applelover wrote:Tonight will be the night I finally submit my SEO app.

What's delayed the process of submitting it so far?

I wanted to finish my Fafsa and Need Access first because to me, they're more pressing issues.

Ben Reilly

Postby Ben Reilly » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:36 pm

applelover wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
applelover wrote:Tonight will be the night I finally submit my SEO app.

What's delayed the process of submitting it so far?

I wanted to finish my Fafsa and Need Access first because to me, they're more pressing issues.

That makes sense. Good luck!

Futuregohan14

Postby Futuregohan14 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:59 am

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:33 am

Meanwhile, still waiting on an acceptance to anywhere. Hell, I'd even take a denial right about now.

Don't worry, I'm positive some good news is coming.

Where does your Cornell app stand? Have you already gone complete and in review? Is it still your dream law school?

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:29 am

Futuregohan14 wrote:Image

Loved this... so funnyyy! Especially the double time one!

nabadgelyo

Postby nabadgelyo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:45 am

Last edited by nabadgelyo on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toshiroh

Postby toshiroh » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:47 am

AAJD2B wrote:

Don't worry, I'm positive some good news is coming.

Where does your Cornell app stand? Have you already gone complete and in review? Is it still your dream law school?

I've been complete for a while now. It is, if they give me enough money lol. If not, then I'm good.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”