URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:50 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:I'm int at Michigan Y'all!!!!! omgggg my first acceptance!!


I am telling you, it was that delish Mac and cheese you posted back in November. They just had to have you!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SO happy for you hunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:Congrats everyone! What an amazing way to start the weekend!

User avatar
ChuggaChuggaChooChoo
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ChuggaChuggaChooChoo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:04 pm

DAMN CONGRATS ALL...These acceptances should start a great weekend for yall

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:08 pm

okaygo wrote:MANDY IM FREAKING OUT IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

Also, just found out after my phone interview yesterday - in at Virginia Law!


Sweeeeetttt!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Such a great school!

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:09 pm

mac2013 wrote:Just got in to Stanford!!

Congrats Mandyjay on the Michigan acceptance!


Congrats Mac!!!!!!

El Principe
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby El Principe » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:11 pm

okaygo wrote:MANDY IM FREAKING OUT IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

Also, just found out after my phone interview yesterday - in at Virginia Law!



Ayyyy,!

Congratulations!!

--ImageRemoved--

Image

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:27 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:I'm int at Michigan Y'all!!!!! omgggg my first acceptance!!


Started from the bottom! Congratulations Mandy! :-)

Image

ttime97
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:48 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ttime97 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:08 pm

Congrats on Michigan and Stanford and good luck for those still waiting to hear back and get off waitlists! We'll all end up in amazing places considering how this cycle is going so far!

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:11 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:I'm int at Michigan Y'all!!!!! omgggg my first acceptance!!


Started from the bottom! Congratulations Mandy! :-)

Image


AAJD2B wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:I'm int at Michigan Y'all!!!!! omgggg my first acceptance!!


I am telling you, it was that delish Mac and cheese you posted back in November. They just had to have you!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SO happy for you hunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--ImageRemoved--


HOW DO YOU ALL KNOW ME SO WELL?!?!

P.S. My co-workers have chilled a bottle of champagne for my first acceptance and we will be cracking that sucker open at 3!!

kenwash
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby kenwash » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:19 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:I'm int at Michigan Y'all!!!!! omgggg my first acceptance!!

CONGRATS MANDY!!! I've been rooting for you. This is the first of many for you!!

kenwash
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby kenwash » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:21 pm

Congrats to all the acceptances today!!

User avatar
DPhoenix
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby DPhoenix » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:38 pm

Congrats Okaygo, Mandy, and Mac!

User avatar
BobMoses
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby BobMoses » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:43 pm

I go to the barbershop/gym and come back to all this! Congrats to you all. This is good stuff.

Okay you're aiming for the DC market right? UVA must feel awesome.

EvMont
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby EvMont » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:45 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:P.S. My co-workers have chilled a bottle of champagne for my first acceptance and we will be cracking that sucker open at 3!!


Umm...can we get some? :mrgreen:

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:14 pm

EvMont wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:P.S. My co-workers have chilled a bottle of champagne for my first acceptance and we will be cracking that sucker open at 3!!


Umm...can we get some? :mrgreen:



ABSOLUTELY!

EvMont
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby EvMont » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:40 pm

mandyjay11 wrote:
EvMont wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:P.S. My co-workers have chilled a bottle of champagne for my first acceptance and we will be cracking that sucker open at 3!!


Umm...can we get some? :mrgreen:



ABSOLUTELY!


Excellent. I'll bring same glasses and an extra bottle to whatever ASW well all use an excuse to meet up. :lol:

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:45 pm

EvMont wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
EvMont wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:P.S. My co-workers have chilled a bottle of champagne for my first acceptance and we will be cracking that sucker open at 3!!


Umm...can we get some? :mrgreen:



ABSOLUTELY!


Excellent. I'll bring same glasses and an extra bottle to whatever ASW well all use an excuse to meet up. :lol:



oh, please count me in for that!!

EvMont
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby EvMont » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:01 pm

applelover wrote:Everyone please make a LSN account! It will help future applicants and those still waiting to hear back from schools.


Before Apple's comment gets lots: +1

LSN has been just as big a resource for me as TLS, and I'd def be updating and making my profile public before the cycle's over.

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Placed on First Reserve at Columbia. :(

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby twenty » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:39 pm

It feels kind of weird that this is my last app.

Godspeed GULC PT ED.

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:42 pm

twenty wrote:It feels kind of weird that this is my last app.

Godspeed GULC PT ED.


Best of luck Twenty! The other schools really are missing out on you.

EvMont
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby EvMont » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:44 pm

AAJD2B wrote:Placed on First Reserve at Columbia. :(


Sorry to hear that AA. There's definitely still time for this to turn itself into an acceptance. Gotta have faith, think positively, and write that LOCI.

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:02 pm

twenty wrote:It feels kind of weird that this is my last app.

Godspeed GULC PT ED.


Good luck Twenty. Just have faith. Things will work out for you!!!

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:04 pm

EvMont wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:Placed on First Reserve at Columbia. :(


Sorry to hear that AA. There's definitely still time for this to turn itself into an acceptance. Gotta have faith, think positively, and write that LOCI.


+1 Things will work out AAJD2B. Just remain confident and remove negativity out of the atmosphere.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:37 pm

BobMoses wrote:I go to the barbershop/gym and come back to all this! Congrats to you all. This is good stuff.

Okay you're aiming for the DC market right? UVA must feel awesome.


Yes! Aiming for DC big law so I'm so over the moon. Now begins the UVA vs. Georgetown internal battle.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests