URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
isaiah1992
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:41 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby isaiah1992 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:47 am

Thanks Gohan!!! You're awesome!!

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby toshiroh » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:04 am

Congrats everyone!!

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 am

This gulc scholly essay is harder to draft than I anticipated.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:37 am

Also unnerving that it is now February and I haven't heard from over half of the schools that I applied to.

User avatar
August Wilson
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:59 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby August Wilson » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:45 am

okaygo wrote:Also unnerving that it is now February and I haven't heard from over half of the schools that I applied to.



Don't worry those acceptances are coming.


Also, congrats to the new admits ITT. Swag all around.

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:15 am

okaygo wrote:Also unnerving that it is now February and I haven't heard from over half of the schools that I applied to.


All this waiting is such a buzz kill :(

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby toshiroh » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:43 am

I haven't even heard from my regional schools :roll: . At least if I heard from them, I'd feel somewhat okay with it all.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:45 am

Someone I know was accepted into GW with a 3.6X and a 151 LSAT. Is that normal?

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:57 am

okaygo wrote:Someone I know was accepted into GW with a 3.6X and a 151 LSAT. Is that normal?


Yup, shows that it isn't just about the numbers for some schools. That's awesome.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:59 am

AAJD2B wrote:
okaygo wrote:Someone I know was accepted into GW with a 3.6X and a 151 LSAT. Is that normal?


Yup, shows that it isn't just about the numbers for some schools. That's awesome.


Yeah, and he has what most TLSers would call 'average softs' (i.e. he didn't cure cancer). But still great softs IMO. I'm very excited for him!

Also, does your username mean African American JD to be?

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:04 pm

okaygo wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
okaygo wrote:Someone I know was accepted into GW with a 3.6X and a 151 LSAT. Is that normal?


Yup, shows that it isn't just about the numbers for some schools. That's awesome.


Yeah, and he has what most TLSers would call 'average softs' (i.e. he didn't cure cancer). But still great softs IMO. I'm very excited for him!

Also, does your username mean African American JD to be?


Yes, it does. :)

User avatar
Trippel
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Trippel » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Congrats on the good news, Isaiah and Ken!

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby blackbirdfly » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:32 pm

Thanks for getting the results thread going, AAJD2B. Since my cycle just started, I'm going to wait for a few more acceptances until I contribute.

User avatar
Brettanomyces
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:08 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Brettanomyces » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:36 pm

blackbirdfly wrote:Thanks for getting the results thread going, AAJD2B. Since my cycle just started, I'm going to wait for a few more acceptances until I contribute.


Same. I considered checking in, but I applied to most places mid-January.
I'm still working on a few apps.

I'm expecting it to hurt me, but hopefully it doesn't kill me.

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:47 pm

JS1! Let's keep em comin' y'all.

I'd love advice from any of y'all who have had the opportunity to interview. PM me if you can! :-)

kenwash
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby kenwash » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:11 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:JS1! Let's keep em comin' y'all.

I'd love advice from any of y'all who have had the opportunity to interview. PM me if you can! :-)

Congrats on the JS1!!

User avatar
nabadgelyo
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby nabadgelyo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:16 pm

kenwash wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:JS1! Let's keep em comin' y'all.

I'd love advice from any of y'all who have had the opportunity to interview. PM me if you can! :-)

Congrats on the JS1!!


Congrats!!!! I don't know how successful my JS1 was yet, but feel free to PM me with questions :) The advice on TLS is pretty good, if a little obsessive (I don't think lighting is that important, TBH)

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Jodie, I PMd you. Harvard's first URM wave was the first week of February last cycle, so a lot of people might be hearing back soon.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:11 pm

I never put his cycle out there, but one person in this thread got Ruby!!! I'm so proud of him!

I'll let you reveal yourself.

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:15 pm

applelover wrote:I never put his cycle out there, but one person in this thread got Ruby!!! I'm so proud of him!

I'll let you reveal yourself.


He who shall not be named... :shock:

You should def out him.

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:17 pm

nabadgelyo wrote:
kenwash wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:JS1! Let's keep em comin' y'all.

I'd love advice from any of y'all who have had the opportunity to interview. PM me if you can! :-)

Congrats on the JS1!!


Congrats!!!! I don't know how successful my JS1 was yet, but feel free to PM me with questions :) The advice on TLS is pretty good, if a little obsessive (I don't think lighting is that important, TBH)
kenwash wrote:
JodieLovesChachi wrote:JS1! Let's keep em comin' y'all.

I'd love advice from any of y'all who have had the opportunity to interview. PM me if you can! :-)

Congrats on the JS1!!


Thanks Apple, Kenwash and Nabadgelyo!

User avatar
logicspeaks
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby logicspeaks » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Hello everyone, I'm an AA male who's been lurking for a while now. Just wanted to jump in this thread and say hello!
I just sent in apps for USC, UCLA and Loyola a couple days ago and will be sending out 8-10 more apps (including Harvard, Columbia, Penn and Vanderbilt) in the next few weeks. Hopefully the fact that my apps are late in the cycle won't hurt me TOO much but I'll keep everyone posted as to how it goes.

User avatar
nabadgelyo
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby nabadgelyo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:03 pm

logicspeaks wrote:Hello everyone, I'm an AA male who's been lurking for a while now. Just wanted to jump in this thread and say hello!
I just sent in apps for USC, UCLA and Loyola a couple days ago and will be sending out 8-10 more apps (including Harvard, Columbia, Penn and Vanderbilt) in the next few weeks. Hopefully the fact that my apps are late in the cycle won't hurt me TOO much but I'll keep everyone posted as to how it goes.


Welcome, Logicspeaks!

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:03 pm

logicspeaks wrote:Hello everyone, I'm an AA male who's been lurking for a while now. Just wanted to jump in this thread and say hello!
I just sent in apps for USC, UCLA and Loyola a couple days ago and will be sending out 8-10 more apps (including Harvard, Columbia, Penn and Vanderbilt) in the next few weeks. Hopefully the fact that my apps are late in the cycle won't hurt me TOO much but I'll keep everyone posted as to how it goes.


Welcome logicspeaks. Glad you joined the thread. Good luck on your cycle.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:19 pm

congrats Jodie!!

Welcome, logic!




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest