URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:02 pm

EstebanMFernandez wrote:In at Cornell today. Hopefully this means the responses will start trickling in!


Congrats on the Cornell acceptance Esteban :D

kenwash
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby kenwash » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:17 pm

EstebanMFernandez wrote:In at Cornell today. Hopefully this means the responses will start trickling in!

Congrats!!!

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:21 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
Just finished my SEO too. Nice interviewer. Think it went pretty well. So few slots.


Today will be the day I complete my application!
Last edited by applelover on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:22 pm

kenwash wrote:
EstebanMFernandez wrote:In at Cornell today. Hopefully this means the responses will start trickling in!

Congrats!!!

Congratulations!!!

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:25 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:
applelover wrote:
teampeeta wrote:
applelover wrote:Well I'm almost done.


Still not planning on applying to YLS? I haven't done my 250 either.



Yea...the application due in three weeks and I really don't have anything I want to write about so...


This. When you have H+S already, you're bound to get writer's block. (250? For whatttttt... LOL)

I've had writers block since October, but it's also because I know I'll probably be rejected, so it's kind of hard finding motivation to apply.


Also, a lot of the URMs who disappeared from this thread or rarely post anymore are almost done with their cycles as well. I know four off the top of my head who keep me updated through PM or text. I definitely think applying early makes a huge difference in decisions, but that's just my personal opinion.
Last edited by applelover on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
August Wilson
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:59 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby August Wilson » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:31 pm

EstebanMFernandez wrote:In at Cornell today. Hopefully this means the responses will start trickling in!


Swag swag! Congrats!!

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:37 pm

Apple I think you should apply to Yale. I mean you already have Stanford and Harvard. Why not go 3 for 3 and see what your odds are. You have already showed schools you are an amazing applicant by assassinating this cycle. Your cycle is the standard. I think you should go for it and see if you're accepted. If not you already have amazing options and it will be their loss. You have done great!!!

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:39 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:Apple I think you should apply to Yale. I mean you already have Stanford and Harvard. Why not go 3 for 3 and see what your odds are. You have already showed schools you are an amazing applicant by assassinating this cycle. Your cycle is the standard. I think you should go for it and see if you're accepted. If not you already have amazing options and it will be their loss. You have done great!!!


Thank you Pied. Your comments mean a lot. I am and always will be grateful for the support some people show me ITT. I'm going to PM you.

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby coolbean2013 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:59 pm

ThePiedPiper wrote:
EstebanMFernandez wrote:In at Cornell today. Hopefully this means the responses will start trickling in!


Congrats on the Cornell acceptance Esteban :D



Yay!! Congrats!

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby blackbirdfly » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:56 pm

If you miss an acceptance call, are you supposed to call back? I don't want to be rude.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:28 pm

blackbirdfly wrote:If you miss an acceptance call, are you supposed to call back? I don't want to be rude.

No voicemail? Then call back

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby blackbirdfly » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:12 pm

applelover wrote:
blackbirdfly wrote:If you miss an acceptance call, are you supposed to call back? I don't want to be rude.

No voicemail? Then call back



It turns out that they did leave a voice mail. Bad signal. Thanks for the advice!

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:14 pm

blackbirdfly wrote:
applelover wrote:
blackbirdfly wrote:If you miss an acceptance call, are you supposed to call back? I don't want to be rude.

No voicemail? Then call back



It turns out that they did leave a voice mail. Bad signal. Thanks for the advice!


No problem. Congratulations!!!! Now you have a nice little voicemail to replay if you're having a bad day! :D

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby BentleyLittle » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:27 am

I'm on TLS too much. I had a dream that I knew DaRascal in real life.

Ben Reilly
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:08 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Ben Reilly » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:27 am

My application went complete at Harvard on Wednesday and I got an e-mail for an interview yesterday afternoon. They seem to work pretty fast once they've read everything.

Also, I probably should have mentioned this before, but I got an acceptance e-mail from Duke last Friday.
Last edited by Ben Reilly on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:42 am

BentleyLittle wrote:I'm on TLS too much. I had a dream that I knew DaRascal in real life.


:lol:

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:42 am

Ben Reilly wrote:My application went complete at Harvard on Wednesday and I got an e-mail for an interview yesterday afternoon. They seem to work pretty fast once they're read everything.

Also, I probably should have mentioned this before, but I got an acceptance e-mail from Duke last Friday.


Congrats on the Duke acceptance!!! That's a big deal!!!

User avatar
nabadgelyo
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby nabadgelyo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:50 am

ThePiedPiper wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:My application went complete at Harvard on Wednesday and I got an e-mail for an interview yesterday afternoon. They seem to work pretty fast once they're read everything.

Also, I probably should have mentioned this before, but I got an acceptance e-mail from Duke last Friday.


Congrats on the Duke acceptance!!! That's a big deal!!!


Congrats! And that's a very fast turnaround for a Harvard interview :)

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby coolbean2013 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:30 pm

nabadgelyo wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:My application went complete at Harvard on Wednesday and I got an e-mail for an interview yesterday afternoon. They seem to work pretty fast once they're read everything.

Also, I probably should have mentioned this before, but I got an acceptance e-mail from Duke last Friday.


Congrats on the Duke acceptance!!! That's a big deal!!!


Congrats! And that's a very fast turnaround for a Harvard interview :)


Congrats on Duke!! And good luck with your Harvard interview !!

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby applelover » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:42 pm

nabadgelyo wrote:
ThePiedPiper wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:My application went complete at Harvard on Wednesday and I got an e-mail for an interview yesterday afternoon. They seem to work pretty fast once they're read everything.

Also, I probably should have mentioned this before, but I got an acceptance e-mail from Duke last Friday.


Congrats on the Duke acceptance!!! That's a big deal!!!


Congrats! And that's a very fast turnaround for a Harvard interview :)

Congrats!!!

Ben Reilly
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:08 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Ben Reilly » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:03 pm

Thanks a lot, everyone; I really appreciate it! I wasn't expecting to hear anything at all from Harvard for weeks, so hopefully the quick turn around bodes well for my chances.
Last edited by Ben Reilly on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:51 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:I'm on TLS too much. I had a dream that I knew DaRascal in real life.


:lol:

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby toshiroh » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:39 am

So my friend with a 164 LSAT and 3.6 GPA was dinged at Howard. No shade to Howard, but I'm slightly baffled, as is he. He didn't care about school rank, or job opportunities, or any of that other stuff. He just wanted to go to Howard so bad. And they dinged him....

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:08 pm

toshiroh wrote:So my friend with a 164 LSAT and 3.6 GPA was dinged at Howard. No shade to Howard, but I'm slightly baffled, as is he. He didn't care about school rank, or job opportunities, or any of that other stuff. He just wanted to go to Howard so bad. And they dinged him....


Was there a C&F issue? An incorrect reference to another school in his statements? A bad recommendation? Numbers aren't everything for many schools and it looks like Howard is no exception to this.

User avatar
DPhoenix
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby DPhoenix » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:34 pm

toshiroh wrote:So my friend with a 164 LSAT and 3.6 GPA was dinged at Howard. No shade to Howard, but I'm slightly baffled, as is he. He didn't care about school rank, or job opportunities, or any of that other stuff. He just wanted to go to Howard so bad. And they dinged him....


Wow. That's rough.Your friend had to make some type of mistake.




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests