URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Nova » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:37 am

wlee1220 wrote:Thanks for the love guys. I just walked in and found my acceptance package for Vandy!!!! Today's been a good day

Image

User avatar
alpwilliams
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby alpwilliams » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:50 am

Sooo... What have I missed? lol. Someone catch me up to speed on the cycle.

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:49 am

wlee1220 wrote:Thanks for the love guys. I just walked in and found my acceptance package for Vandy!!!! Today's been a good day


Image
Things are working out wlee1220!!! Congrats on the Vandy acceptance!!! That's a good deal!!! :D
Last edited by ThePiedPiper on Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby toshiroh » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:19 am

wlee1220 wrote:Thanks for the love guys. I just walked in and found my acceptance package for Vandy!!!! Today's been a good day


Congrats!!!!!!

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:34 am

wlee1220 wrote:Thanks for the love guys. I just walked in and found my acceptance package for Vandy!!!! Today's been a good day



GET IT! Image

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby coolbean2013 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:51 am

mandyjay11 wrote:
wlee1220 wrote:Thanks for the love guys. I just walked in and found my acceptance package for Vandy!!!! Today's been a good day



GET IT! Image


Congrats wlee!!!

And mandy, this gif is too amazinggg, I was dying when I saw it!

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:08 am

Have there been any T14 scholly offers ITT yet? Or even spotted around TLS?
Still too soon?

User avatar
sherealcool
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:01 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby sherealcool » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:52 am

okaygo wrote:Have there been any T14 scholly offers ITT yet? Or even spotted around TLS?
Still too soon?
People have been getting vanderbilt scholarships from NYU.

wlee1220
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby wlee1220 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Does anyone know whether or not Chicago extended their deadline? I am debating pulling the trigger, but I'm not sure if it's worth the money to apply to a super reach school at the very last minute.

wlee1220
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby wlee1220 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:39 pm

coolbean2013 wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
wlee1220 wrote:Thanks for the love guys. I just walked in and found my acceptance package for Vandy!!!! Today's been a good day



GET IT! Image


Congrats wlee!!!

And mandy, this gif is too amazinggg, I was dying when I saw it!


Thanks for the love and amazing gifs. Where do you guys get these from???

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:48 pm

wlee1220 wrote:
coolbean2013 wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
wlee1220 wrote:Thanks for the love guys. I just walked in and found my acceptance package for Vandy!!!! Today's been a good day



GET IT! Image


Congrats wlee!!!

And mandy, this gif is too amazinggg, I was dying when I saw it!


Thanks for the love and amazing gifs. Where do you guys get these from???


She is the Queen of Gifs. Thou shalt not ask questions. 8)

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Wait a second. Am i able to post gifs now???

User avatar
ThePiedPiper
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby ThePiedPiper » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:02 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:Wait a second. Am i able to post gifs now???


You should be able to now if you see the images tab above your posting box

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby mandyjay11 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:21 pm

Haha, yeah I can't tell you guys my gif secrets!

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:06 pm

wlee1220 wrote:Thanks for the love guys. I just walked in and found my acceptance package for Vandy!!!! Today's been a good day


Bravo!!!!!!!

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:07 pm

alpwilliams wrote:Sooo... What have I missed? lol. Someone catch me up to speed on the cycle.


Gohan got the banhammer, the cycle has been going slow for most, and Australia ain't where it's at for brown people.

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Ok girls who had/have upcoming SEO interviews:

I have natural hair and am debating on how to wear it. I was going to do a blowout and twist and then bun it or maybe a wash-n-go. I heard SEO can be a bit picky on attire, which includes natural hair I presume.

Any advice on how to wear the hair? How are you gals styling your hair ?

Also, I am downgrading to the minimal for makeup and nail color. I ain't talking Celie here, but certainly no Nick Minaj look-a-like.

User avatar
nabadgelyo
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby nabadgelyo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:17 pm

AAJD2B wrote:Ok girls who had/have upcoming SEO interviews:

I have natural hair and am debating on how to wear it. I was going to do a blowout and twist and then bun it or maybe a wash-n-go. I heard SEO can be a bit picky on attire, which includes natural hair I presume.

Any advice on how to wear the hair? How are you gals styling your hair ?

Also, I am downgrading to the minimal for makeup and nail color. I ain't talking Celie here, but certainly no Nick Minaj look-a-like.


First of all, it sucks that we have to worry about natural hair as if it's in the same category as having cherry tattoos on one's forearm, yeesh.

I have natural hair, and twist or bun sounds great to me. I always pull hair back for interviews with possibly conservative people, just so that it's not a distraction. I would hope that SEO wouldn't care, but those are my two cents.

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby AAJD2B » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:26 pm

nabadgelyo wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:Ok girls who had/have upcoming SEO interviews:

I have natural hair and am debating on how to wear it. I was going to do a blowout and twist and then bun it or maybe a wash-n-go. I heard SEO can be a bit picky on attire, which includes natural hair I presume.

Any advice on how to wear the hair? How are you gals styling your hair ?

Also, I am downgrading to the minimal for makeup and nail color. I ain't talking Celie here, but certainly no Nick Minaj look-a-like.


First of all, it sucks that we have to worry about natural hair as if it's in the same category as having cherry tattoos on one's forearm, yeesh.

I have natural hair, and twist or bun sounds great to me. I always pull hair back for interviews with possibly conservative people, just so that it's not a distraction. I would hope that SEO wouldn't care, but those are my two cents.


Thanks for that and I agree 1000% with your first comment.

I HATE using heat in my hair because it can be so damaging. Looks like I would have to make the sacrifice for SEO (and ultimately this profession, apparently).

On that note, I really should get an install later on, lol. I can't keep blowing my hair out.

User avatar
JodieLovesChachi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby JodieLovesChachi » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Keeping with the SEO interview topic, does anyone have an idea what type of behavioral questions they like to ask?

I've been combing through the thread that's devoted to "all things SEO" but it's hard to find anything there specifically devoted to it. Has anyone had any luck finding out information like that? Or, can someone PM me who's done their interview already?

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:51 pm

AAJD2B wrote:Ok girls who had/have upcoming SEO interviews:

I have natural hair and am debating on how to wear it. I was going to do a blowout and twist and then bun it or maybe a wash-n-go. I heard SEO can be a bit picky on attire, which includes natural hair I presume.

Any advice on how to wear the hair? How are you gals styling your hair ?

Also, I am downgrading to the minimal for makeup and nail color. I ain't talking Celie here, but certainly no Nick Minaj look-a-like.


I'm not natural, so I didn't have this concern. But I would definitely say go as conservative as possible. My interviewer definitely had an opinion about the appearance of applicants.

ETA: don't quote me.
Last edited by okaygo on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
okaygo
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby okaygo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:51 pm

JodieLovesChachi wrote:Keeping with the SEO interview topic, does anyone have an idea what type of behavioral questions they like to ask?

I've been combing through the thread that's devoted to "all things SEO" but it's hard to find anything there specifically devoted to it. Has anyone had any luck finding out information like that? Or, can someone PM me who's done their interview already?


Its really just your standard "tell me about a time when..." questions.

ETA: don't quote me.

User avatar
Cocoblues
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:18 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby Cocoblues » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:58 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
nabadgelyo wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:Ok girls who had/have upcoming SEO interviews:

I have natural hair and am debating on how to wear it. I was going to do a blowout and twist and then bun it or maybe a wash-n-go. I heard SEO can be a bit picky on attire, which includes natural hair I presume.

Any advice on how to wear the hair? How are you gals styling your hair ?

Also, I am downgrading to the minimal for makeup and nail color. I ain't talking Celie here, but certainly no Nick Minaj look-a-like.


First of all, it sucks that we have to worry about natural hair as if it's in the same category as having cherry tattoos on one's forearm, yeesh.

I have natural hair, and twist or bun sounds great to me. I always pull hair back for interviews with possibly conservative people, just so that it's not a distraction. I would hope that SEO wouldn't care, but those are my two cents.


Thanks for that and I agree 1000% with your first comment.

I HATE using heat in my hair because it can be so damaging. Looks like I would have to make the sacrifice for SEO (and ultimately this profession, apparently).

On that note, I really should get an install later on, lol. I can't keep blowing my hair out.


Depending on your hair type, you may not have to use heat. I'm a 4a/b and after doing 8 flat twists/cornrows at night,the next morning my hair is straight enough that I can bun without a need for heat.

User avatar
teampeeta
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby teampeeta » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Image

First gif in honor of the SOTU!

User avatar
sherealcool
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:01 am

Re: URM 2013-2014 Cycle Thread

Postby sherealcool » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Cocoblues wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:
nabadgelyo wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:Ok girls who had/have upcoming SEO interviews:

I have natural hair and am debating on how to wear it. I was going to do a blowout and twist and then bun it or maybe a wash-n-go. I heard SEO can be a bit picky on attire, which includes natural hair I presume.

Any advice on how to wear the hair? How are you gals styling your hair ?

Also, I am downgrading to the minimal for makeup and nail color. I ain't talking Celie here, but certainly no Nick Minaj look-a-like.


First of all, it sucks that we have to worry about natural hair as if it's in the same category as having cherry tattoos on one's forearm, yeesh.

I have natural hair, and twist or bun sounds great to me. I always pull hair back for interviews with possibly conservative people, just so that it's not a distraction. I would hope that SEO wouldn't care, but those are my two cents.


Thanks for that and I agree 1000% with your first comment.

I HATE using heat in my hair because it can be so damaging. Looks like I would have to make the sacrifice for SEO (and ultimately this profession, apparently).

On that note, I really should get an install later on, lol. I can't keep blowing my hair out.


Depending on your hair type, you may not have to use heat. I'm a 4a/b and after doing 8 flat twists/cornrows at night,the next morning my hair is straight enough that I can bun without a need for heat.

^^ +1. I do protective styling during the day after twisting out. I'm 3c, so yeah, mileage varies.

Do you guys know Naptural85 on youtube? Sometimes I use a variation of this for interviews:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9RICysBBMc




Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aside and 1 guest